How many miles left in tank?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

How many miles left in tank?

Post by strkngfang »

Once the last dash begins to flash, does anyone know approximately how far you can go to be safe? I get nervous when I reach one dash, but my wife rode her 150 last weekend on our group ride,10-15 miles while it was flashing & the tank still only took 1.25 gal. Like most women, she pays little attention to the fuel gauge??
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Re: How many miles left in tank?

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

I have never let mine get quite that low..
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I've done more than 20 miles after my last bar starts flashing, so I reckon on refuelling within 20 miles.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
ScooterKim
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScooterKim »

the last time I filled up, the dash was flashing. I had ridden 135 miles. based on the tank size, I figured out I could ride 150 miles on a tank of gas. like you, Dan, I start to get a bit nervous at one bar. the bars seem to decrease slowly until you get to 2 bars and then they ZOOM down. so, instead of thinking how many miles do I have left, I decided to base it on my miles ridden. I usually fill up at 120 miles. I have 2 bars left. I know at 155 I am bone dry. I don't think it is good for an engine to have the tank at bone dry as the sediment may filter into the engine. so, I like to fill up around 120 or so miles on the odometer. that way, the fill up is 1+ gallon of gas, give or take.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

20 miles after flashing you should be safe... but there always seems to be more in there,
so maybe,40 miles but that may be pushing it (literally) :lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

My wife and I went on a long ride once and her light had been flashing for quite a while when we finally pulled in to fill up. Yet the tank was not dry, so I would have to say that you could safely go 20 miles on the last dash. After that it would depend on a lot of factors like wind residence, your weight, up or down hill grade, etc. To be safe I would look for a gas station within the 20 mile last dash. Otherwise you could be pushing it into a station.
Last edited by Mel46 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

I always "check it" just to know (25 miles for sure on mine at 50 MPH, and no long climbs... ;) ), but I try to keep a minimum of 3 Bars left.....much easier on Your Fuel Pump....... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!