Ready For Touring

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

novemberdelta

Re: Ready For Touring

Post by novemberdelta »

Vagabondman, good post. If it works for him then that's great and it's certainly a creative solution.
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

Hey, while we are talking about loading your scooter up, the original poster has got nothing on these people...
Attachments
Was gonna photoshop a hundred cats chasing this scooter...but its late.
Was gonna photoshop a hundred cats chasing this scooter...but its late.
image.jpg (63.95 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
Mother goose
Mother goose
image.jpg (85.72 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
Another responsible Dad.
Another responsible Dad.
image.jpg (131.74 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
Scrambled eggs anyone?
Scrambled eggs anyone?
image.jpg (111.06 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
Taiwan. I really miss ya.
Taiwan. I really miss ya.
image.jpg (51.43 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
I like curves. This scooter is a little too boxy.
I like curves. This scooter is a little too boxy.
image.jpg (66.07 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
Thats Bananas
Thats Bananas
image.jpg (66.46 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
I've heard of breakfast in bed. But on a moped?
I've heard of breakfast in bed. But on a moped?
image.jpg (62.64 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
How many suitcases does one guy need?
How many suitcases does one guy need?
image.jpg (236.33 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
The first and last moped moving company
The first and last moped moving company
image.jpg (69.44 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
Dude.
Dude.
image.jpg (47.85 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
Do not play chicken with this lady. She'll win every time.
Do not play chicken with this lady. She'll win every time.
image.jpg (86.11 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
Come on Dad! No helmets for the kids?
Come on Dad! No helmets for the kids?
image.jpg (47.14 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
Give this guy some room!
Give this guy some room!
image.jpg (67.38 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
Don't box me in
Don't box me in
image.jpg (148.01 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Driller wrote:My friend, David has been working on setting his PCX up for some serious touring. He plans to take three months off and go on a long ride around the country.

I was very impressed at how he has mounted the cases.
He plans to add some more horizontal bracing to lend additional stability to the frames supporting the side cases. BTW, he fabricated the parts at home.

The top box and side cases were internet finds. The side cases appear as nice as Pelican boxes but at a lower cost. The planned addition of a tunnel bag, riding gear and apparel will have him set to go on this nice looking PCX.

Wishing I had the energy and time to take off on a trek like David has planned. :?
8) Best looking red pcx I've seen, do you know the type of paint used on those red rims?
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

Am I mistaken, or does this Red look more lighter & orangey than the deep candy apple red of the pcx that I normally am used to?
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dasshreddar »

Vagabondman wrote:Am I mistaken, or does this Red look more lighter & orangey than the deep candy apple red of the pcx that I normally am used to?
I'm sure it is just the sunlight/camera, it is a US model...
I like the red rims and stock black windscreen (without all the other weird attachments :lol: ) right amount of red and black 8)
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

dasshreddar wrote:
Vagabondman wrote:Am I mistaken, or does this Red look more lighter & orangey than the deep candy apple red of the pcx that I normally am used to?
I'm sure it is just the sunlight/camera, it is a US model...
I like the red rims and stock black windscreen (without all the other weird attachments :lol: ) right amount of red and black 8)
Yeah, lighting & camera can drastically change the true color. Cause I have to say, the Red does look real sweet on the PCX. All the PCX colors look pretty sharp in my opinion. My fav tho is the white...but unfortunately, that's not available in the US...so I think I'm gonna go with classic black. Although, it was a real toss up btwn the Black & Red.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dasshreddar »

Yeah, lighting & camera can drastically change the true color. Cause I have to say, the Red does look real sweet on the PCX. All the PCX colors look pretty sharp in my opinion. My fav tho is the white...but unfortunately, that's not available in the US...so I think I'm gonna go with classic black. Although, it was a real toss up btwn the Black & Red.[/quote]

Yep, white is the best one, I think the Thai white with the brown "interior" is my favorite stock color combo.
I would have waited for a white one if it was available when I got mine. Red or black I didn't care, but black is what was available/red was a longer wait for me. 8)
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

dasshreddar wrote:Yeah, lighting & camera can drastically change the true color. Cause I have to say, the Red does look real sweet on the PCX. All the PCX colors look pretty sharp in my opinion. My fav tho is the white...but unfortunately, that's not available in the US...so I think I'm gonna go with classic black. Although, it was a real toss up btwn the Black & Red.
Yep, white is the best one, I think the Thai white with the brown "interior" is my favorite stock color combo.
I would have waited for a white one if it was available when I got mine. Red or black I didn't care, but black is what was available/red was a longer wait for me. 8)[/quote]

Ive seen the white & brown youre talking about. Its interesting. Personally tho, I much prefer the classic White when it's paired with black. But its a moot point since its not available in the US.

The dealer near me only has both the black & red. So I'm forced to decide. At least you didn't have a choice! Lol.

Hope to nab it in a couple weeks.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Vagabondman wrote:Hey, while we are talking about loading your scooter up, the original poster has got nothing on these people...
And here is one of our employees getting ready to go home for the day with her sister and the three kids.
Attachments
2013-08-14 17.13.02_800x600.jpg
2013-08-14 17.13.02_800x600.jpg (104.28 KiB) Viewed 1706 times
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

kramnala58 wrote:
Vagabondman wrote:Hey, while we are talking about loading your scooter up, the original poster has got nothing on these people...
And here is one of our employees getting ready to go home for the day with her sister and the three kids.
Ha! Too funny. Never been to Thailand, but used to see scenes like this all the time when i lived in Taiwan. You'd never get away with something like this in the States. They'd pull you over & take your kids! Lol. I like the freedom of doing what you want, but I'd never ride with kids like that. Especially without them wearing helmets.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Vagabondman wrote:
kramnala58 wrote:
Ha! Too funny. Never been to Thailand, but used to see scenes like this all the time when i lived in Taiwan. You'd never get away with something like this in the States. They'd pull you over & take your kids! Lol. I like the freedom of doing what you want, but I'd never ride with kids like that. Especially without them wearing helmets.
When I first moved here I would cringe when I saw scenes like this, but when in Rome, live like the Romans. Eventually you don't even really notice it because it is so common.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

Oh I hear ya. It was a shock for me too when I was in Taiwan...but as you say...when in Rome...or Thailand...or Taiwan...

That's one of the things I love about traveling overseas...all those things that are different from the states.

Heck...just getting out of NYC and crossing the US is a refreshing eye opener.

How long you been living in Thailand? I have an American friend that lives in Phuket 6 months out of the year, and the rest in NY. He saves money here, and lives like a king there with his wife. They are actually building a house. I gotta visit him one of these days.

There's a YouTube dude who has a travel/food blog in Thailand called migrationology.com just the food alone makes me wanna visit!
CaptnJim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by CaptnJim »

Vagabondman, thanks for those photos - they make me feel like a total candyass when I'm carrying a pizza and some soda... and worried about getting it home intact. ;)

We don't travel light. I used to enjoy cross country touring... with an H-D Ultra and a color-matched Bushtec trailer. We're not looking to eat up road miles with these scooters, but we discovered the delight of "urban cruising" through neighborhoods that we never saw from the Interstate. I can see traveling with the scooters, at a very relaxed pace. But, the way we travel, it's probably best (for us) to haul them in a trailer behind the RV to the fun places, then do the "base and hub" type touring. I'm pretty sure it would really upset the cat if we strap her on a scooter. 8)

Captain Jim
His & Hers Honda PCX 150s