PCX -- The Attraction

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: PCX -- The Attraction

Post by gn2 »

The PCX is the perfect machine for you to build experience on, it has excellent road manners.
Maybe in time you'll move up to something bigger, maybe you'll find that the PCX does all you need it to in which case you won't have to.
If Honda did a PCX 200 I would probably have bought one instead of the Forza.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
sleepnot

Post by sleepnot »

gn2 wrote:The PCX is the perfect machine for you to build experience on, it has excellent road manners.
Maybe in time you'll move up to something bigger, maybe you'll find that the PCX does all you need it to in which case you won't have to.
I fully agree!

And I'll need to get a motor bike drivers license if I want to drive something bigger, so better be sure that I want to. I can drive this one with my car drivers license (only in Belgium).
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

CaptnJim wrote:I'm old to motorcycles. ;) I used to think anything smaller than 1,000cc was a "little bike." I guess I've gotten over that. :lol: After 45 years and 25 motorcycles, over 250,000 miles of two wheel riding, the PCX makes me smile... OK, sometimes it makes me laugh out loud. I came to the conclusion that this little scooter was enough for me. I can see why some folks need Interstate capable machines... I look for ways to go that don't include over 55 mph segments.

Captain Jim

I just spent 3 1/2 months on an island where the highest speed limit is 45 mph - the PCX would be PERFECT there!
25 bikes over 45 years normal, 200+ of triumphs alone bull5hit.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

kramnala58 wrote:
gn2 wrote:Here it is: Its bigger its more comfortable its got better equipment it goes further on a tank its faster it costs more.
You forgot the bit about more miles between servicing. ;)
:lol: :lol:
gn2, Shazam!! You swapped out earlier then said! 8) Kinda spur of the moment? Happy For Ya!
So, in addition to service intervals how's about a really good report on the the main stand (center)? ;)
Oops...hush, that's ^^ Forza talk.
Back on topic, PCX attraction......"Oh the look, the touch, the feel" of a PCX twist'n'go. A buzz & a bye! :D Honestly, the White screamed at me across the showroom floor while the Red pulled at my shirt tales. So glad me White was louder. We're a good pair, we are. ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gokidd
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gokidd »

PCX attraction......"Oh the look, the touch, the feel" of a PCX twist'n'go.
"The (gasoline-scented) fabric of our lives ...?"
Let us boogie ...
Honda PCX 150
Yamaha Majesty 400
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

[quote="Stejay"]Argh I hate this forum! ;)
I don't get mine till the end of the month and it just seems to be getting further away than closer :cry:

Hang in there Stejay! The wait "Is Closer" and the PCX is soo worth it! :P Get your camera ready set go!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ah yes, gokidd,.....ah yes ;)
CaptnJim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by CaptnJim »

you you wrote:
CaptnJim wrote:I'm old to motorcycles. ;) I used to think anything smaller than 1,000cc was a "little bike." I guess I've gotten over that. :lol: After 45 years and 25 motorcycles, over 250,000 miles of two wheel riding, the PCX makes me smile... OK, sometimes it makes me laugh out loud. I came to the conclusion that this little scooter was enough for me. I can see why some folks need Interstate capable machines... I look for ways to go that don't include over 55 mph segments.

Captain Jim

I just spent 3 1/2 months on an island where the highest speed limit is 45 mph - the PCX would be PERFECT there!
Not sure what you're trying to say... although BS is a recurring theme.
His & Hers Honda PCX 150s
RusticCharm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by RusticCharm »

I enjoy the outlaw image.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

RusticCharm wrote:I enjoy the outlaw image.
On a scooter?

It's more "Rebel without a clue"
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

CaptnJim wrote:
you you wrote:

Captain Jim

Not sure what you're trying to say... although BS is a recurring theme.
I was trying to say, badly, that it was nice that you weren't bullshitting or broadcasting about the number of bikes you have had.
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

you you wrote:
RusticCharm wrote:I enjoy the outlaw image.
On a scooter?

It's more "Rebel without a clue"
We scooter riders are rebels alright. Rebels like Pee Wee Herman. ;-)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (19.03 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (46.78 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (65.52 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

LoL
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1379053198.409054.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1379053198.409054.jpg (146.98 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

Alibally wrote:LoL
Now THAT'S a rebel! Lol
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

you you wrote:
I was trying to say, badly, that it was nice that you weren't bullshitting or broadcasting about the number of bikes you have had.
Hmmm...musta' been directed "elsewhere"....Yep, I've owned over 200 Triumphs....Ran a Motorcycle Junk Yard, Service Center, Used Motorcycle Sales, and built wrecked Motorcycles, Choppers, Bobbers, etc. for years...have owned over 150 various brands brand new Motorcycles/Scooters, and more used ones than I can remember...owned 8 New Honda Motorcycles/Scooters last year, 6 so far this year including the Gold Wing F6B, 750 Phantom, and (2) PCX150s and (2) Forza300s...............
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Does Honda import the VT750S to the USA?
I think it would be popular over there

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

gn2 wrote:Does Honda import the VT750S to the USA?
I think it would be popular over there

Yep....a Big Seller here....my Wife had one once in Candy Red with "Ghost Flames".....my Blacked Out 750 Phantom was a spin-off of this Bike......"bullet-proof" engine in the 750 Twin Lineup..... ;) 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
CaptnJim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by CaptnJim »

Only one Triumph for me, a '69 Bonneville, back when I was a teenager. I put over 20,000 miles on that bike in two years ... and 2 chains... 4 tires... a couple headlights... and countless quarts of oil. 8)

It was cool at the time. Until the first Honda 750/4 pulled up alongside me at a stoplight. Dang near killed myself when I stepped off the bike at 60 mph, 'cause the Honda disappeared ahead of me so fast, I thought I was standing still!

:lol:

It's important to understand the difference between a joke and BS. ;)
His & Hers Honda PCX 150s
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

CaptnJim wrote:Only one Triumph for me, a '69 Bonneville, back when I was a teenager. I put over 20,000 miles on that bike in two years ... and 2 chains... 4 tires... a couple headlights... and countless quarts of oil. 8)

It was cool at the time. Until the first Honda 750/4 pulled up alongside me at a stoplight. Dang near killed myself when I stepped off the bike at 60 mph, 'cause the Honda disappeared ahead of me so fast, I thought I was standing still!

:lol:

It's important to understand the difference between a joke and BS. ;)

...... :D :D :D ....."True".....I "drooled" over my First Honda 750-4 when a Friend of mine bought a new one and took it on a 3-day Trip to the Smoky Mountains with me on my, at the time, 1967 Shovelhead Harley, the Other Three friends were on a 650 Triumph Bonneville, and two BSA 650s....while we were usually adjusting valves, chains, and/or kick-starting, He just hit the starter button, and ready to ride... ;) ...I bought one when I got Home to use for extended trips...the Triumphs and Harleys gradually started getting relegated to more "Cruise Around Home" rides. Eventually, many years later, it became "Japanese Bikes Only" because of dependability, and now, it's "Honda only", although I did own 2 Kawasaki Ninja 250s, a Kawasaki Versys, Kawasaki Concours 1400, Triumph Speedmaster, and a Triumph Speed Triple in the last 5 years. "SO MANY BIKES, SO LITTLE TIME"..... :D :D :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

skuuter wrote:
you you wrote:
Hmmm...musta' been directed "elsewhere"....Yep, I've owned over 200 Triumphs....Ran a Motorcycle Junk Yard, Service Center, Used Motorcycle Sales, and built wrecked Motorcycles, Choppers, Bobbers, etc. for years...have owned over 150 various brands brand new Motorcycles/Scooters, and more used ones than I can remember...owned 8 New Honda Motorcycles/Scooters last year, 6 so far this year including the Gold Wing F6B, 750 Phantom, and (2) PCX150s and (2) Forza300s...............

You might have mentioned this before.

You should write a book. Then we would have the choice or reading it or not.