Mirror extenders

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

Nines

Mirror extenders

Post by Nines »

Here we have my PCX sporting her new mirror extenders. I'm considering the GIVI 322st windshield. Do you folks think my extenders will work ok with that, or am I in for more shagging around? Do I need the hardware kit, or just the windshield? I'm going to post this in the accessories section, too. Her shed-mate is the old fella's Yamaha FZ8, for those who are interested.
Attachments
smaller.jpg
smaller.jpg (510.73 KiB) Viewed 1801 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Mirror extenders

Post by you you »

Nines wrote:Here we have my PCX sporting her new mirror extenders. I'm considering the GIVI 322st windshield. Do you folks think my extenders will work ok with that, or am I in for more shagging around? Do I need the hardware kit, or just the windshield? I'm going to post this in the accessories section, too. Her shed-mate is the old fella's Yamaha FZ8, for those who are interested.

Shagging around? We thought you were a nice girl

The mirror extenders will be better with the Givi as the standard mirrors can touch the screen on full lock.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

You don't need mirror extenders for the standard Givi windshield, only the the tall one....the 323DT.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

You might want to read other people's comments about the Givi 322 on this board. Most people are unhappy with that windshield because it causes awful helmet buffeting, especially at higher speeds. I've had the Givi 322 (short), the Givi 323 (tall) and I just got the Puig (http://www.monsterparts.com/p/5569F/Pui ... CX125.html). The Puig is great because it causes no helmet buffeting at all, even at high speeds. The Givi 323 tall was good but it made riding in rain or fog hard because you have to look through it rather than over it.
Nines

Post by Nines »

you you wrote: Shagging around? We thought you were a nice girl

The mirror extenders will be better with the Givi as the standard mirrors can touch the screen on full lock.
:lol: the jury's out on nice, however, that was your first lesson in Newfoundland English! I'll have you eating toutons and Jig's dinner the once!
Nines

Post by Nines »

Thanks for the replies. I am aware of the helmet buffeting problem, but I'm not a fan of the larger windshield. I'm going to give the shorter one a try, and see how it goes.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi Nines! I second that motion on the 322 Givi. I have one in the clear version (not smoked) and like it a lot. I'm also in favor of looking over a screen and not through one. I'm just shy of 5'5" and ride between speeds of 40-55 and don't feel head/neck buffeting. As Indyglow stated, others here do.
I wear a full face hat and earplugs. Wind is my complaint, not the screen. I just don't like getting pushed around by it and dealing with it. Get's tiresome after awhile on a featherweight scoot. I'm not knocking the taller Givi,in fact I'm curious to try it, but not at a cost. To tell you the truth, I really love the stock screen but the thought of flying matter hitting me is Not a chance I want to take. Where I ride, rocks are airborne quite often.
Said enough, now saying Cheers to ya on joining the forum(s), getting a PCX and a soon to be screen! :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Nines wrote:
you you wrote: Shagging around? We thought you were a nice girl

:lol: the jury's out on nice, however, that was your first lesson in Newfoundland English! I'll have you eating toutons and Jig's dinner the once!

Not a word :D

I've got the shorter Givi. No buffeting and could do with the extenders
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

you you, hmm....are you still with stock mirrors? Or aftermarket? I can't remember.
My stock mirrors/stems do not interfere with full turn left or right with my Givi 322 clear screen
image.jpg
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:you you, hmm....are you still with stock mirrors? Or aftermarket? I can't remember.
My stock mirrors/stems do not interfere with full turn left or right with my Givi 322 clear screen
image.jpg

Your right. You have your bars pulled back, mine are pulled forward to get more room
ScooterKim
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScooterKim »

I have the tall Givi and originally ordered the mirror extenders ($ 13 extra). I found that I did not need them and sent them back. you just need to position the mirrors so that the seat comes up between them to the tall screen.
redwind
Communocrat
Communocrat

Post by redwind »

Hi, new member of the forum here - Greetings all! Glad i found this site! :) - from singapore, but living in England, Harlow now. First time motorbike rider, and got the Honda PCX 125.

I'm 1.69m in height. I just bought the shorter Givi 322st a couple of weeks ago. I have no problem locking the handlebar.

The screen was great, compared to stock screen, but so was the weather. When it turned cold a week ago, that was when i could feel the icy blast against my neck and going up into my helmet. While riding, i just dipped down low till most of my head was below the top level of the screen and suddenly found all wind-noise and cold air-blast cease. It was like dipping your head underwater in a noisy pool and sensing sudden calm.

Despite it's looks, I ordered the tall Givi 323 yesterday. Perhaps my age is showing ;)
A 'real' bike is one with which you have to jump through hoops to get it to do what a scoot does with a twist
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

redwind wrote:Hi, new member of the forum here - Greetings all! Glad i found this site! :) - from singapore, but living in England, Harlow now. First time motorbike rider, and got the Honda PCX 125.
Welcome to hondapcx.org
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
redwind
Communocrat
Communocrat

Post by redwind »

kramnala58 wrote:
redwind wrote:Hi, new member of the forum here - Greetings all! Glad i found this site! :) - from singapore, but living in England, Harlow now. First time motorbike rider, and got the Honda PCX 125.
Welcome to hondapcx.org
Thanks! :)
A 'real' bike is one with which you have to jump through hoops to get it to do what a scoot does with a twist