Anyone replaced their brake levers?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Anyone replaced their brake levers?

Post by WhiteNoise »

:? Okay, I'm lost. Enjoy yourselves.
Those are nice levers you you. All looks neat and tidy. Remember figurehead71 changed his out too awhile back http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1173
This is a good time for me to ask....How can I shorten ^^ that and still have it work? Do I highlight from the word viewtopic and onward? I can't remember :roll: geez
Here's one of figurehead71 pics from that thread. Nice too :P
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (83.36 KiB) Viewed 1283 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Well lookie there! The link was shortened automatically! You rock Dave! :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

WhiteNoise wrote:Well lookie there! The link was shortened automatically! You rock Dave! :P
Hah! I wish I could take credit for that one. Links inside the forum auto-shorten.

You can use:

Code: Select all

[url=www.reallyreallyreallyreallyreallylongurl.com/whateverpage]text you want to show up for the link[/url]
That make sense? :D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

Okay I have a question. What are the numbers for on the levers? Is it for the hand span? Mine right now it just a tad bit too far for me I would love to move them closer.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

katschamne wrote:Okay I have a question. What are the numbers for on the levers? Is it for the hand span? Mine right now it just a tad bit too far for me I would love to move them closer.
That's right, it's the span
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

I replaced mine with these Bikers ones. They are adjustable as well as having a pivot so that if the lever gets bumped it will fold up and be less likely to break, although I think if a lever is hit hard enough to break, then you likely have other damage to be concerned about as well.
Attachments
2013-11-19 08.34.33_800x600.jpg
2013-11-19 08.34.33_800x600.jpg (79.34 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
2013-11-19 08.34.16_800x600.jpg
2013-11-19 08.34.16_800x600.jpg (86.55 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Ok, this is a little off the subject but I hope that this forum might be the place to ask. Has anyone over in Thailand found a shop that sells these types of things for a Suzuki Burgman 400? As far as I know there don't seem to be any adjustable brake levers out on the web for a Burgman 400. They have them for a Burgman 650, but so far not the 400. I would love to be able to add adjustable brake levers to mine.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:Ok, this is a little off the subject but I hope that this forum might be the place to ask. Has anyone over in Thailand found a shop that sells these types of things for a Suzuki Burgman 400? As far as I know there don't seem to be any adjustable brake levers out on the web for a Burgman 400. They have them for a Burgman 650, but so far not the 400. I would love to be able to add adjustable brake levers to mine.

Are you sure the 400 has unique levers? Most jap manufacturers use just a few designs across their entire range.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Good question. I don't know. I do know that there have been others who have asked the same question. I also know that the Burgman 650 has adjustable ones that won't fit a 400. I will have to look into this further.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I thought that I would give everyone an update on my scooter. I have found that keeping busy keeps my mind off of my pet that just died, so today I put a tall Givi windscreen on and new custom red brake levers. The scooters are parked in the basement now, possibly for the remainder of the winter. However, once spring comes we will be taking it out for a test run. Dave, I may be taking over to your place then to get the left brake adjusted a little tighter. For some reason it feels loose now as apposed to when we had the original levers on.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Hey Mel, sorry to hear. Probably coming to the end with our pup too. Never an easy time.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

It is never easy to lose a dog that has become a member of the family, but it is easier to accept it if the dog has had a long and loving life. Miss Pearl was 9 but had only been in a real home since she was 6. She should have lived to be 18 -20 years old. She had been a breeding dog and had lived life in a cement run until we got her. She had not even been on grass or in a house. We gave her everything she could have dreamed of, including. the opportunity to chase squirrels, rabbits, chipmunks and other critters. We have 3/4 of an acre fenced and she loved it. She was housebroken in 3 days, and we had gotten her after getting her room mate, so she was thrilled to be with her friend...as well as a male dog who wasnt there to do anything but play with her. She seemed to attach herself to me and followed me around whenever I was at home. So we were shocked when she got sick at the end of August and died on December 4th. Cancer hit that fast.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Ours will be 16 in Feb, but it's not looking like we'll get there. We adopted him at a year old as a starvation case, been with us before we got married and before our son was born... his body just isn't working the way it used to and it seems to be accelerating. He was on pain meds and other pills for a long time, and just wouldn't take them anymore, and then oddly had a turn for the better. We thought maybe we had been sedating him all this time on the meds, but he's sort of reverting back to a real slowed-down state. Still has his appetite though, which is a bit of a good sign. It'd be great if we can make it to the new year with him - fingers are crossed for sure! But as you said, no matter what he's led a far better life than he ever would have had we not found him, and he accepted us.

I'd apologize for hijacking the thread, but it was my post to begin with! :D
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Dustin91, I really do understand your situation with your dog. We had several dogs before our Miss Pearl, and when they started to go down hill we wanted them to get better but knew deep down that they wouldn't . They all seem to rally just before the final plunge. It sounds an awful lot like your dog is at that point where you will have a hard decision to make soon: do you let him suffer for your own ego or do you put him out of his misery peacefully....those are hard choices. The smaller the dog, the longer it will live. That is a fact that every vet will tell you. I don't know why. But it does mean that some dogs will make it to 16 and others would be pushing it to make it that far. I wish you well with your best friend/family member. You will have a hole in your heart when he is gone but life must go on.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dustin91 »

Thanks Mel. Sadly, we had to put Jessee down last Monday. Fortunately, we found a vet willing to drive an hour to come to the house to do it all at home. We couldn't bring ourselves to have to drive him to the vet knowing it would happen on a cold table, and that we'd leave in an empty car. It was all done on his bed in my office, where he spent most of his time in the last year or two, and it couldn't have happened more peacefully. For him at least... my wife and I were complete and utter wrecks a few days before and after.

You're right though, smaller dogs live longer (though he was medium-sized), as do mixes. He was a bull terrier and something else, which we're sure helped with his long age.

Here's to them... those that love us unconditionally, especially when we give them bacon!
Attachments
jessehappy.jpg
jessehappy.jpg (39.44 KiB) Viewed 1168 times