It's Raining......

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: It's Raining......

Post by gn2 »

Been foggy here past two nights, visibility much impaired.
Interesting riding home from work, people don't seem to realise that when visibility is fifty yards or less, 60 mph isn't a good idea.
Nearly got wiped out by car going the other way overtaking on my side of the road.
If I had been in my car it would have been a head-on smash but I managed to brake enough and squeeze over to the nearside, it missed me by about two feet.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

gn2 wrote:Been foggy here past two nights, visibility much impaired.
Interesting riding home from work, people don't seem to realise that when visibility is fifty yards or less, 60 mph isn't a good idea.
Nearly got wiped out by car going the other way overtaking on my side of the road.
If I had been in my car it would have been a head-on smash but I managed to brake enough and squeeze over to the nearside, it missed me by about two feet.
Ooof! o_O

Glad you're OK dude.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Been foggy here past two nights, visibility much impaired.

Did they know you?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Arses! Good thing you were riding responsibly, and responded quickly the way you did. That experience would rattle my innards. I drove just once in fog so thick nothing was seen. Doing 70mph on a dark non lit highway, weather perfectly clear when bam! I hit a pocket of heavy fog. Like a massive Cloud. Shocking. I broke hard (no skid) and prayed no other vehicles or animals were in my path. I didn't even know where the highway was at that point. Pure guess. Frightening.
So gn2, cheers your here! :)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Umbrella's Out & Open! Rain baby, Rain!
Those roofed scoots, w/wipers, looking better all the time. Hell No!
Somebody give me a Song (and Not, "I'm Singing in the Rain!" cause I'm Not!)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
RusticCharm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by RusticCharm »

It started raining here Sunday morning and it is still raining today. The forecast is for rain every day until next Sunday. The winds have gusting to 30 mph and the temperatures have been in the mid 40's F. I have not been riding since Saturday, but I am grateful that we are not getting the weather they have had the last two days in other parts of the country.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I believe you sent the wet our way RC. Torrential flooding rain. New Jersey getting more than New York. Still teaming pouring rain and still.....No Song :| hmm
OMGosh! It's pounding at me windows! Now, right Now!
That's it! Gotta Move! :? I hear London is dry.

(This is private, I'm Thinking :ugeek: In the basement in a dark damp corner where all the speeders live, are some paddles. Ah No! I'm Not going down there now! End of private thought)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hot Times.... "Summer in the City"
Updating Time!!

I'm Guessing it's been loverly around the globe? Mother Earth treating ya'll kindly?

Fireworks of a different kind:
Welp,.....Mother's rocking the boat here along the Eastern Shores of the U.S. (as I type).
First named storm of the season, "Arthur" will become a hurricane soon as it work's it's way up the coast from Florida. Now located offshore just east of Cape Canaveral. Winds @ 60mph.

Sadly, it may ruin a lot of outdoor Fourth of July plans :(
Whatever ya'll are doing along the coast, Be smart, & be watchful, Especially while playing on the beaches.
Party Hearty and Enjoy the Best Ye Can!! :P

What's happening on your piece of the globe?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Why oh why do I .........
Listen to Bad weather (alone??)
Now Sharing :lol: (click arrow in center of the map shown)

http://www.weather.com/video/arthur-wil ... wc-weather
Urbanfreestyle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (UK)
Color: Black

Post by Urbanfreestyle »

Gorgeous sun over here in the south west UK :)
Honda PCX 125 ESP (Black)
Power:11.7 hp @8500 rpm, Torque:12Nm @5000rpm
Mods: LED sidelights, Yoshimura Exhaust

DEAD: 2013 Piaggio Typhoon 4 stroke 125cc (Black)
Power:9.65 HP @8500 rpm, Torque:8.2Nm @7500 rpm
Mods: Malossi Red foam filter, Hex LED Sidelights, Xenon headlights, USB charging port
Duggle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 - 150
Color: black

Post by Duggle »

Rain? I barely remember it. We're in another drought here in Cali.

For a song, how about Garbage - Only Happy When It Rains?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

All sunny in CotU

Hope it stays that way for the Tour start. Comes right through CotU despite it not being in France

Suppose it was inevitable....
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

We have had so much rain near Chicago it isn't even funny.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone ("She" = Sun)

Nice, for ya'll over in the UK. I'm Happy for you :P Enjoy It!!

Well looking out my window, rain is here and winds not so bad. We are fortunate category II hurricane Arthur is 100 miles off the coast of Long Island. It may(?) clear up in time for a Ribeye Steak BBQ and some fireworks. We shall see (or not see).

Taking a moment to wish ya'll a holiday filled with lots and lots of good food, company and Safe Firework shooting and viewing!
(My cue now to share a YouTube, even though I can't See it after I post it, I'm hoping some of you can) ;)

:? A scary way for a Firework's vendor to party? :roll:

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

After 2 months of riding the PCX, I got caught in my first very heavy downpour on the commute home yesterday. It had to happen at some point. I think I got more drenched than the scoot as I haven't been wearing my proper jacket during the warmer summer period, instead a normal waterproof one which along with my 'ski' gloves got soaked through and both are still wet through this morning. So, back to the proper jacket today - at least that should be more waterproof and has the armour too.
I'll ride the PCX is wet weather, although I did feel unsafe on bends in heavy traffic with the road more like lakes in places, but doubt I'll ride it when the snow and ice hit.
Ben Lee
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (model 13)
Color: Caucasian

Post by Ben Lee »

Same here Iceman ... riding the pcx for about 6 weeks, got rid of my second car (wife needs the first one) so I'll be commuting daily with the pcx (6 miles at 45 mph speed limit) alldough I do 55 most of the way).

Had my first rain a week ago ... set off right after the downpour, stil a little drizzle. Didn't get wet, bit didn't feel very confident in the bends ... the 50 mph in the bends went to 35 ... not sure what i'me going to do in winter... hope to build up confidence and glide my way to work at 25 - 30 mph ... otherwhise ... the bus and a mile hiking ...

Hoping on the same winter as last year, not one ice day! Even had a few convertibel day's in winter (with the astra convertible I sold) ...

Ben.
A Belgian beer please, I don't like water, that's the shit that rusts my PCX!
Urbanfreestyle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (UK)
Color: Black

Post by Urbanfreestyle »

Got rained on last night going home from work..... forgot my waterproofs...... not impressed!!!

took corners a little gingerly but grip was enough even with standard tyres! :)
Honda PCX 125 ESP (Black)
Power:11.7 hp @8500 rpm, Torque:12Nm @5000rpm
Mods: LED sidelights, Yoshimura Exhaust

DEAD: 2013 Piaggio Typhoon 4 stroke 125cc (Black)
Power:9.65 HP @8500 rpm, Torque:8.2Nm @7500 rpm
Mods: Malossi Red foam filter, Hex LED Sidelights, Xenon headlights, USB charging port
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

"I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry!"

Sad today. I've finally admitted to myself it's Winter. I think the Holiday's brought in the realization. It's now, that "I myself" say, "Bah Humbug!"

What's it doing outside now? Raining (period). All weekend. Then Monday onward, just Cold. 20's by mid week with a chance of white.

I miss my time with WN. The oneness. We're off gear.
I gave her Shell's V-Power petrol for Christmas with a shot of stabilizer. She's all tanked up, has her running shoes on & I'm keeping her fully charged, she's set ready But!....going nowhere :cry:

"I'm So Lonesome, I ........."
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Not A PlayDay
Itsa Gray, grey day. Foggy with misty rain. Temp now 50 degrees. Dreary. Forecasted high temp today: 61, I doubt that will happen. If it stops raining, I'd like to bath/wax WN for winters rest.

Play another song please?
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Showers here, only difference is it's about 78f in sunny Queensland.

I feel for you folk living on the dark side of the world :( :(