European turn signals in US?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

6ftMach1Girl
Regular User
Regular User

European turn signals in US?

Post by 6ftMach1Girl »

Is there a kit to install turn signals in the front on the US model that are like the European ones?
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: European turn signals in US?

Post by kramnala58 »

This is also for the rest of the world as well. I think it is only the US & Canada models that have the signal post.

One thing you would want to do is make sure the wiring harness is the same. I know that maddiedog swapped out the rear signal lights for some aftermarket ones, but they are not actual PCX lights. I suspect that with his ability, he was able to figure something out on his own.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

The other thing that you want to check is "Will they pass my state's inspection?". I got my inspection a couple of days ago and noticed a very prominent sign stating "NOTICE: many aftermarket signals DO NOT pass MA inspection".

The smooth look is cool, but not if I have to swap stuff out every spring to satisfy the man.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

You have a spring inspection? And I thought California was a Nazi state.

I don't think there is a kit specific, you need to just swap the whole headlight/taillight ;)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The rear indicators are a simple bolt-on.
The fronts require a complete swap of the front light unit and you'll need to find a way of blanking the holes left in the fairing or swap the affected panels.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

das, you got a link to share with 6footer for a "whole headlight" swap? Or a pic of one? Will it fit proper in both the 2011 And 2013 U.S. PCX? Or will there be modifying involved? Simples?
I'm just guessing that if I were to swap out the wink-e-dinks to a full face assembly the police here wouldn't even recognize/notice. Exterior to interior indicators? Nah. As long as I winked by law prior to lefty or righty turns I sense no problem. However, it still is a risk, you will be breaking the law in NYS. Lotsa folks don't even use their winkers on any vehicle o_O That IS So, So Wrong!!!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Seems like gn2 was typing alongside. He hit the "submit button" a wee bit sooner than I 8)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
6ftMach1Girl
Regular User
Regular User

Post by 6ftMach1Girl »

I only want to do the front. I was hoping to leave the US stick-outs to remain legal. I just like how the standard ones are more visible from the sides.

For the rear, I got the AdMore Lighting kit for the Givi E370 top case. The turn signals on it look cool IMHO - I need to get better video to post.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

WhiteNoise wrote:das, you got a link to share with 6footer for a "whole headlight" swap? Or a pic of one? Will it fit proper in both the 2011 And 2013 U.S. PCX? Or will there be modifying involved? Simples?
I'm just guessing that if I were to swap out the wink-e-dinks to a full face assembly the police here wouldn't even recognize/notice. Exterior to interior indicators? Nah. As long as I winked by law prior to lefty or righty turns I sense no problem. However, it still is a risk, you will be breaking the law in NYS. Lotsa folks don't even use their winkers on any vehicle o_O That IS So, So Wrong!!!
You would have to source the headlight from overseas(Thailand, power by pcx, Europe, etc...) and wire in the appropriate bulbs for the signals (the US ones might work?)
I personally think the stalks are safer, I sure notice other bikers signals with stalks more than those with the integrated ones.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The stalk versions are definitely superior.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Agree with das and gn2. Stalks better (I'll add, fugly though). Bit greedy, but Can ya do both without blowing up? Poof!
6ftMach1Girl
Regular User
Regular User

Post by 6ftMach1Girl »

I don't see why not - especially if LED bulbs could be used. But then I am certainly not the electronics expert!!
6ftMach1Girl
Regular User
Regular User

Post by 6ftMach1Girl »

Power by PCX website sells headlight block without lights:

Optics Original Honda PCX 901-33110-KWN
Sold without lights Front Full electric beam, light bulbs or
Fits Honda PCX 125 Version 1 and 2 and PCX 150cc
Focus depending on your country of residence,
headlight pods are not the same
control the reference of your original headlight.
Compatible with Optical Cable HONDA PCX 901-33150-KWN

I also looked at the wiring on same website - again it asks to specify model. I am going to try to email them to see if it is possible to have both.