Ben Lee

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Ben Lee
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (model 13)
Color: Caucasian

Ben Lee

Post by Ben Lee »

Hello everyone,

my name is Ben and I'me a 38 y.o. Belgian guy. Husband to Babs and father to my 10 y.o. sun and my 12 y.o. daughter.

I needed a cheaper way to move around, and sold my second car, a Opel (vauxhall ) astra convertible. Went looking for a second hand vespa 125 in a local shop and bought a new (last stock) 2013 PCX 125, a Pearl white one. I love the nostalgic look of the vespa,but I also realty like the modern look of the PCX. For commuting I think the Honda is the smarter choice. This is my first (over 50 cc) motor(scooter), and I can't wait to start building up experience.

Next Wednesday I can go and get it. I had a Honda top box installed at once (to be give the kids a back support when riding along ). The scooter will be primarily mine, though I guess my wife wil ride it just the same (guessing so since she bought a helmed of her own).

Pics wil follow as soon as possible.

Ben.
A Belgian beer please, I don't like water, that's the shit that rusts my PCX!
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Re: Ben Lee

Post by GeorgeSK »

Congratulations - I fully expect you will love it more than you think.

Hmmm.. Wife has her own helmet... two kids... might I sense another PCX in your future? We shall see how the Admiral likes riding.

Best of luck with the new wheels!
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Congrats on your new purchase. You won't be disappointed. It is a great little machine. You will find that it has a great turning radius, which will come in handy in city traffic. Another nice thing about it is that if at some point you want more power, you can mod it easily. There is a wide selection of options out there for it too. Good luck and happy scooting. :-)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to hondapcx.org ... I love the pearl white PCX ... but then again, my opinion on that might be just a little bias. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Benggolf
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Benggolf »

Congratulations on your new PCX Ben. I am sure you will enjoy your new Honda scooter.
I just love my Forza and enjoying every minute on it.

Good luck and ride safe.
Hondax2

Post by Hondax2 »

Welcome = D i am new here too
Ben Lee
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ben Lee »

Thx all, no doubt I wil love the PCX.
kramnala58 wrote:Welcome to hondapcx.org ... I love the pearl white PCX ... but then again, my opinion on that might be just a little bias. ;)
The main reason for taking the white was extra visibility in traffic while learning, an the wife thought it was more of an unisex colour. Reason for the 2013 was couple off bucks off, an the colour. A white 2014 would take til september.
GeorgeSK wrote: Hmmm.. Wife has her own helmet... two kids... might I sense another PCX in your future? We shall see how the Admiral likes riding.
I realty think... and hope so...

Ben
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Howdy Ben!
COOL 8) So here's what I'm thinking...come September you will have Two Whites, with your wife's being the newest! :D What a happy Lady she will be! Double the Pleasure, Double the Fun!
No Wait!....the Whole family will be cruising down the road! Now that's Awesome! ;)
Ya'll be safe now, ya hear! :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Ben Lee
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ben Lee »

Got my PCX from the shop 2day,
like I said earlier, this is my first motorised 2wheeler en my first ride over 50 cc, so before taking of I was a little nervous.

Once I was off that did'nt seem necessary ... I read a few times that even a baby can ride a PCX, well ... I can to.
After a few miles I found myselve starting to play with the bike, at the end of the day I've got the feeling I'me really one with the scooter.

It was'nt the best day, it kinda drizzeled all day, but at the end of it, when I put my PCX in his bedroom ... I went back in the house en found myselve wanting to go back out ... well ... tomorrow will be an other day ...

Love the bike, can't wait to ride again ... I'me like a little boy again.

Ben.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Ben Lee wrote:Got my PCX from the shop 2day,
like I said earlier, this is my first motorised 2wheeler en my first ride over 50 cc, so before taking of I was a little nervous.

Once I was off that did'nt seem necessary ... I read a few times that even a baby can ride a PCX, well ... I can to.
After a few miles I found myselve starting to play with the bike, at the end of the day I've got the feeling I'me really one with the scooter.

It was'nt the best day, it kinda drizzeled all day, but at the end of it, when I put my PCX in his bedroom ... I went back in the house en found myselve wanting to go back out ... well ... tomorrow will be an other day ...

Love the bike, can't wait to ride again ... I'me like a little boy again.

Ben.
Excellent.
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Cool. :D

Enjoy! :)
Ben Lee
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ben Lee »

First pic...
Ben Lee
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ben Lee »

Meanwhile I'me riding the PCX for ten days, and I still love the little bugger.

450 km on the bike now, I'me amazed how fast I learned to ride in confidence on the pcx. Allready scraped the centerpod over the asfalt twice.

My wife rode with me on the back seat a few times now, she wil be happy when the topbox (backrest ) is installed.

The 18th of June it wil be installed, together with the 1000 km service... meaning the next few day's I am obligated to ride it another 550 km's. I might just have set that target that sharp on purpose... (don't tell my wife) I will have to do a little roadtrip one of these day's to meet my target...

Can't get my wife on the riders seat for now, she seems a little nervous to try... maybe because some 15 years back she totaled her last 50cc Peugeot Fox. Any suggestions on how to get her on?

Been trying to find a Belgian scooterclub to enjoy some roadtrips in group. But all the regional ones seem to be Vespa clubs... seems like all the 125 cc scooter riders (there seem to be many on the road) just bought theirs to commute. Might as well have some fun with it I would think.

Ben...