Yuminashi Upgrades for PCX 150

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Yuminashi Upgrades for PCX 150

Post by dasshreddar »

I've ordered some parts from Yuminashi 8)
got the cam already installed, waiting on a new injector to run the new throttle body/intake manifold, the first ordered injector did not work :x .
and of course after the cam is installed, they now have valve springs/ rocker arms for sale... :| (which you need for proper operation).
here are a couple teaser shots :lol:
Attachments
20140510_094418.jpg
20140510_094418.jpg (213.65 KiB) Viewed 2344 times
20140510_125141.jpg
20140510_125141.jpg (222.01 KiB) Viewed 2344 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Yuminashi Upgrades for PCX 150

Post by you you »

That can be the final finish on the Yumi cam lobes. Do the have a protective plastic wrap on them?
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dasshreddar »

Finally got around to testing all my new Yumi parts( cam, rockers, double valve springs, intake manifold, injector, throttle body).
Things I noticed most with the first impressions...
Less throttle needed to get moving :)
passing power improved :D
acceleration :)
hill climb power :| , no improvement/maybe even worse :( (maybe/hopefully the ecu still has "learning" to do) :roll:

Overall better? YES, Blown away? NO..., every bit helps though 8)
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

dasshreddar wrote:Finally got around to testing all my new Yumi parts( cam, rockers, double valve springs, intake manifold, injector, throttle body).
Things I noticed most with the first impressions...
Less throttle needed to get moving :)
passing power improved :D
acceleration :)
hill climb power :| , no improvement/maybe even worse :( (maybe/hopefully the ecu still has "learning" to do) :roll:

Overall better? YES, Blown away? NO..., every bit helps though 8)
Two things:
1. Stock exhaust? :roll:
2. 150 head is not good to get best power from it...ports, valves and combustion bowl are all too big. :(

125 v1 head is best for performance tuning. :P
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Hi, guys!
Just got the brand new 2013 PCX150 eSP, thinking to modify it or not, my quastion is: does it worth it to install all the Yuminashi parts? Is there a real night and day difference? I think that one-cyl scooter will stay in it's class anyway and the changes are not that much noticable.
I purchased the original Yoshimura titanium exhaust just for the sound and look, and thinking about further mods. It's hard to find a real compare test between bone stocker and all- Yuminashed PCX.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Reaper wrote:Hi, guys!
Just got the brand new 2013 PCX150 eSP, thinking to modify it or not, my quastion is: does it worth it to install all the Yuminashi parts? Is there a real night and day difference? I think that one-cyl scooter will stay in it's class anyway and the changes are not that much noticable.
I purchased the original Yoshimura titanium exhaust just for the sound and look, and thinking about further mods. It's hard to find a real compare test between bone stocker and all- Yuminashed PCX.
Yuminashi will soon be uploading a full test run video of Pcx 150 with their parts installed.
Keep an eye on YouTube...
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dasshreddar »

My exhaust is far from stock...

I thought you said the 150 head was better...

:roll: makes me almost wish I bought that white 2011 125 instead of my 150.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

dasshreddar wrote:My exhaust is far from stock...

I thought you said the 150 head was better...

:roll: makes me almost wish I bought that white 2011 125 instead of my 150.
We'll, the natural assumption would be that bigger valves, ports would be better for more power but it seems that's not the case with the Pcx 150 head...
Yuminashi just made a brand new head with smaller ports valves and redesigned combustion chamber. Produces much better power than a stock 150 head..
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dem0nk1d »

so i wonder if that huge ass TB is off another honda bike. Mostly in the honda car scene you could create Individual Throttle Bodies for your D/B/H-series motors using the CBR 650+ ITBS.... So i'm wondering if this is what Yuminash did here???? Totally different size, different casting and bolt/sensor locations different...

Strange
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

ITBs are hard to tune, and permanent control and correction is needed, as I know from my cars experience, at least you need the experienced mapper to make ITBs work right.
When I see the Yuminashi product line, there is nothing said about the ECU mapping or any piggiback ECU devices needed, this is strange, OE ECU couldn't do too much itself.
Bigger size injectors, high-profile cams, etc.. Everything needs to be tuned, but does mr.Yuminashi really produce parts working right just with the OE ECU?