tech help please. PCX 150 wiring confusion

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

mamamia

tech help please. PCX 150 wiring confusion

Post by mamamia »

Hi to all. I am a new scooter owner, a mom of 4 girls and have an electrical issue with my PCX150. I am NOT electrically savvy, and wire gauge and amps and volts are like another language to me. Nonetheless, I ventured to install a decelerator indicator license plate unit, from the new startup called Vololights. The product requires 12V system and is supposed to REPLACE the license place light, because one is built into the unit. Following the online instructions from Vololight exactly it didn't calibrate or work correctly. I'll deal with that later. Currently my problem is that the Vololight plate required cutting the 2 wires to the factory installed license plate light (the green and brown wires), and now I want to re-connect the factory license plate light, but the wires are just about 1 inch too short for twisting back together after carefully stripping off the casing. I need to get extra brown and green wire and a waterproof connector to reconnect. 3 questions:

1. What gauge wire are the green and brown wires and where to get them?
2. Which is ground and which is "hot" - I am assuming the green is ground, but better to ask.
and
3. What waterproof electrical wire connection do you recommend please?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: tech help please. PCX 150 wiring confusion

Post by Mel46 »

Green is ground. As for reconnecting the wires, try to locate some crimp on wire connectors at Radio Shack and maybe some electrical tape also. These connectors are crimped on using a crimping device or, in a pinch, a pair of pliers. I can't tell you the gauge of wire, so see if Radio Shack has a kit that has multiple sizes. I am attaching a picture of the wiring diagram for the part you are interested in. I hope it helps.
Electrical_pg22-2a.JPG
Electrical_pg22-2a.JPG (460.68 KiB) Viewed 983 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
mamamia

Post by mamamia »

Thank you so much for the diagram...huge help! Anyone else know the gauge of the wires?
wei2go
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wei2go »

Wow 42W when you are braking and signalling. No wonder people are looking for LED replacements
Currently own a red pcx150 and a red NC750x DCT