2015 PCX150 US

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: 2015 PCX150 US

Post by Valiant »

WhiteNoise wrote:Happy for you, Valiant....but, Whoa! Jumping Jack Flash....big bucks!! I'm pretty sure Josh is right. Oh well, whatever. Kiss it off. You'll soon have the sexiest PCX so far and this expenditure will be a thing of the past. Just wait till you get it & ride it! "That's the Power of Love!" 8)
Oh I'll kiss it off, given that everything is relative and this one was the best bang for the buck.

Being a total scrub to 2-wheelers, I spent 20 minutes driving around in circles in a tiny 100 feet cramped parking lot in my apartment complex before circling around 2-3 blocks. Funny how it was more stable at higher speeds than at lower speeds. Thing weighs almost 300 lbs but handles like my Cannondale bicycle, very responsive and nimble, much unlike the Honda Nighthawk I rode during my MSF Rider's Course. Still need a bit more practice looking into my turns, because I'm coming out a bit too wide. Guess I'm weary about a**hole drivers running the light and mowing me down during the turn.

I'll be filling her up and going a good 10 miles tomorrow :D .
Beachboy
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2022
Color: Red

Post by Beachboy »

I'm getting 119 MPG according to the onboard computer after 1000Km here in Phuket Thailand. We do pay $1000 less for the bike. It is made here in Thailand.

I'd love to see how I'd do on a MSF course. Riding 4 years now and self taught. I don't drive fast.

Where do you max out on the PCX? Can you get to 65 MPH? No freeways in my Muslim beach community.
Life's a beach in Thailand
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

Beachboy wrote:I'm getting 119 MPG according to the onboard computer after 1000Km here in Phuket Thailand. We do pay $1000 less for the bike. It is made here in Thailand.

I'd love to see how I'd do on a MSF course. Riding 4 years now and self taught. I don't drive fast.

Where do you max out on the PCX? Can you get to 65 MPH? No freeways in my Muslim beach community.
From what I've read, 65 is where you'll be under ideal conditions(no headwind). 55-60 mph is more likely. Perfect speed for our freeways ;) .
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

alkiax wrote:So never owned a bike or scooter of any kind, but have ridden before. Have done my research and decided the pcx150 is perfect for the city driving I'll do. I was going to get a 2013 and had a price of $3,000 otd. Not the best and it wasn't white, but I was okay with it. I said something about wanting white and he said they had a white one due for delivery July 11th and it was a 2015 model. Gave me a price of $3,449 otd on it. Now I think it's worth the $500 to get the newer one, but I'm coming here just to get some opinions on the matter. Been stalking the forums for a while reading. Nice to actually post :)
The $3449 price is less the about $310 "destination charge" and taxes, paperwork charges, state registration fees, make ready and whatever else they can think of adding. I just bought one Friday from a Dallas dealer. I looked at several bikes there, and in general I figured they added about 21% to the listed price. I ended up paying about $4200 total to the dealer. They also had a couple of 2013 PCXs, and would take about $3000 for them (before the a fore mentioned 21% add on. From reading about all the changes they made for the 2015 model, I figured it was worth the extra $500.
First entry here, I hope I am not messing up. Thanks for this group, it is very helpful.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Good choice on purchasing the new PCX. So far I've not used the 12v outlet, idle stop (well once, the first time the fuel indicator had been blinking for 15 minutes!), glove box or front pockets, but it was worth the extra £100-300 to get the new one rather than the 2013 ESP model (larger fuel tank, led lights, larger capacity battery and 12v should I need it). It seems even with all the added extra charges in the US, you still get a better deal than in the UK - £2700 OTR ($4600). I'm pushing it more now than at first having done 1000 miles usually going 30-45 max (city/town area). I'll need to fill up for the 4th time on my way home (initially had about half a tank from dealer) and the mpg meter shows 141mpg for the 2nd time and I've never dropped below 135mpg (on meter or working out fuel in (to bar) and trip meter miles).
alkiax

Post by alkiax »

It's a shame the us didn't get the idle stop. Wish it was an easy mod
wingerr

Post by wingerr »

Tossing the idea around about a PCX150-
Stopped by local dealer, and they had a black 2013 for 3618 including 8.625% tax, and plate and registration fees. They mentioned a figure of $200 for the tags and registration, so if that's correct, it would be about $3150 pretax.
Also had a black 2015 on the floor; didn't ask but assume they'd tack on the $318 destination on top of the $3449, for about $4290.
The differences in the model years is subtle enough that I could consider them equivalent, but I suppose the number "2015" vs "2013" factors into the value, if resale ever came up. I'm not one to sell anything before they just die of old age though, so it's not as big a deal.
Originally went in there because they had a website listing for a used 2013 with 2200 miles on it, but they said it was gone, but they still had new leftovers available.
Any thoughts as to whether $1140 more for the 2015 is worthwhile? Or just go for the 2013?
I would have a druther for the Pearl White that's only available in the 2015; only 2013 they had was black. But still. Rather large bump in bucks. Hmm?

There really doesn't seem to be much in the way of the used market for these, is there. Does that mean no one sells because they like it so much, or that there just isn't many of them being sold in the first place?
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

wingerr wrote:Tossing the idea around about a PCX150-
Stopped by local dealer, and they had a black 2013 for 3618 including 8.625% tax, and plate and registration fees. They mentioned a figure of $200 for the tags and registration, so if that's correct, it would be about $3150 pretax.
Also had a black 2015 on the floor; didn't ask but assume they'd tack on the $318 destination on top of the $3449, for about $4290.
The differences in the model years is subtle enough that I could consider them equivalent, but I suppose the number "2015" vs "2013" factors into the value, if resale ever came up. I'm not one to sell anything before they just die of old age though, so it's not as big a deal.
Originally went in there because they had a website listing for a used 2013 with 2200 miles on it, but they said it was gone, but they still had new leftovers available.
Any thoughts as to whether $1140 more for the 2015 is worthwhile? Or just go for the 2013?
I would have a druther for the Pearl White that's only available in the 2015; only 2013 they had was black. But still. Rather large bump in bucks. Hmm?

There really doesn't seem to be much in the way of the used market for these, is there. Does that mean no one sells because they like it so much, or that there just isn't many of them being sold in the first place?

Go 13
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

I would say go 15, unless your really short most people hate the "hump" and all the led lights are really cool; but its your money ;)
alkiax

Post by alkiax »

I paid 3500 otd for a 15. With a helmet
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

wingerr wrote:Tossing the idea around about a PCX150-

I personally went for the 2015 myself. Gas tank is 0.5 gallons bigger, about 50 more miles before you need to fill up, or about a week of riding to campus and back for me.

Also heard some things about that hump, plus I figure it's probably cheaper than trying to get it replaced(large or bulky items cost more to ship to Hawaii). Didn't mind the LEDs or integrated turn signals either ;) .

Honestly, the features aren't huge deal breakers, you just need to ask yourself whether it's worth it to you or whether you'd rather have the extra $1,140. Because they're all more or less just convenience features as opposed to any significant performance features.

Caveat emptor, there are currently no Honda accessories available for this model, including the top box I wanted -.-
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

I would affirm what Valiant said. It comes down to personal choice. If you do quite a bit of commuting, the larger fuel tank may be worth it simply for the convenience of not have to stop to purchase fuel as often. I have a 2010 (Thailand had them then) with 16,000 kms (10,000 miles) on it and would not get rid of it for the 2015 because it is a good bike, but if I was purchasing new I would get the 2015 over the 2013 simply because I like the added features.

I wouldn't worry too much abut accessories. Honda has not announced that they are ceasing production, so I assume that there will be plenty of accessories hitting the international market soon. They are a number of them already here in Thailand.

I don't know what the resale market is for them where you live (I am on my iPad and can't see if you listed your location), but you said that your dealer had some used ones, so it would appear that there is a resale market there. As well, if you typically keep your vehicle until they die, then it is probably a non factor in your decision, or at least minimal.

After having said all of that, the 2015 is a white one .... go for it because they are much better. ;) :) :p ... decision made!
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

Well, my only point about the accessories is simply that, because it's a new model, we don't see much of them in the US market as of yet.
pinemartin

Post by pinemartin »

I've been riding my new 2015 PCX for a couple of months now.

I did install a Givi top case - 37 liter blade tech -- I used the 2013 mounting brackets, for which the holes line up perfectly. For the existing PCX cover plate, I drilled four holes in it, and reinstalled it, then mounted the Givi brackets through the newly drilled holes. That seemed like a better solution than just leaving the cover plate off, since you can see under the case when it's installed, and it looks a lot nicer with the plate installed underneath the case. I had hoped there would be a pre-drilled cover plate that I could buy, but so far I ave not found one available, probably because the model is still too new.

There weren't any markings I could see on the reverse side of the cover plate, like there apparently is on the 2013 tail to tell you where to drill. I just made a template with cardboard, and it worked out fine. Before drilling it I did see that I could buy a replacement cover for about $10 online, so that gave me confidence in drilling this one :-). I taped the cover with masking tape before I drilled, and used a paddle bit. It drilled quite easily.

Finally, since this thread had a few tangents, I'll add taht I've only got 200 miles on it so far, and have averaged just a shade under 100MPG. My top speed was 65 MPH on what seemed like a relatively flat stretch of the highway. It felt good at that speed, but I wouldn't want to ride for long distances without a different windscreen, as there was a decent amount of wind force given the upright stance we ride a scooter on.
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

pinemartin wrote:I've been riding my new 2015 PCX for a couple of months now.

I did install a Givi top case - 37 liter blade tech -- I used the 2013 mounting brackets, for which the holes line up perfectly. For the existing PCX cover plate, I drilled four holes in it, and reinstalled it, then mounted the Givi brackets through the newly drilled holes. That seemed like a better solution than just leaving the cover plate off, since you can see under the case when it's installed, and it looks a lot nicer with the plate installed underneath the case. I had hoped there would be a pre-drilled cover plate that I could buy, but so far I ave not found one available, probably because the model is still too new.

There weren't any markings I could see on the reverse side of the cover plate, like there apparently is on the 2013 tail to tell you where to drill. I just made a template with cardboard, and it worked out fine. Before drilling it I did see that I could buy a replacement cover for about $10 online, so that gave me confidence in drilling this one :-). I taped the cover with masking tape before I drilled, and used a paddle bit. It drilled quite easily.

Finally, since this thread had a few tangents, I'll add taht I've only got 200 miles on it so far, and have averaged just a shade under 100MPG. My top speed was 65 MPH on what seemed like a relatively flat stretch of the highway. It felt good at that speed, but I wouldn't want to ride for long distances without a different windscreen, as there was a decent amount of wind force given the upright stance we ride a scooter on.
Welcome. :)

Enjoy your PCX. :)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

alkiax wrote:finally got it home
YES!!!!! good job... adding you to the 2015 PCX parade.
Now about your pictures...
1. take pic with phone
2. mail to self
3. download to computer
4. upload to forum