Hear Ye, Hear Ye....Decision Made!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homey
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye....Decision Made!

Post by homey »

WhiteNoise wrote: :D
WN... why do we block our license plates online again? They are visible at all times anyway, I'm just curious. No big deal
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Preference/Privacy/Prudence
Placing/showing/exposing my license plate online would be an intentional act. On purpose, done by me. I choose not to share this information with the www. Hey homey! do you like my plate cover? :D

AFA your comment, "they are visible at all times anyway," well, Not by the Lot of You! :lol:
Seriously, I'm not concerned. Whether I'm riding or driving (on this small dot on the planet), folks pay no attention to anyone's plates, never mind memorizing them! Them Plates? They're ugly and attached to Spoil the Clean lines of my vehicles! Oh well...Gotta live, obey, that's just life :P
:? Is Big Brother Watching? Forgot about him :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Them Plates? They're ugly and attached to Spoil the Clean lines of my vehicles! Oh well...Gotta live, obey, that's just life :P
:? Is Big Brother Watching? Forgot about him :lol:
Yes, those gold/yellow and blue NY plates are very ugly. I really liked the blue and white ones with the NYC and Niagara Falls landscapes on them. I tried my hardest not to have a vehicle with that new plate. ;) :D
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^ yeah! you know what I'm talkin' about! ;) I got stuck with the gold/blue. Bah! This is NY, that's the Best they can do? And, we wear Two of them on 4wheels and up!! Statue of Liberty, Twin Towers, silhouette of NYC, why not? Nah. We get Blah! C'est la vie :(
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
binje
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by binje »

WhiteNoise wrote: Seriously, I'm not concerned. Whether I'm riding or driving (on this small dot on the planet), folks pay no attention to anyone's plates, never mind memorizing them!
Very true, normally no one looks at plates or takes interest and even the personalised ones are lost in the fragments of memory in no time. However (yes there was a reason for the speech), yesterday I saw a plate on a Merc SL which said F4RJA which reminded of the Austin Powers Goldmember quote "I am your Faaja"... and I chuckled to myself all the way home (I am soo easily amused!) :D
2011 Honda PCX 125
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Gold and blue looks nice together, and is better than the recently replaced Texas tag. That one looked like it was designed by committee with various images plopped around the tag--state outline with flag overlay, state slogan, cowboy on a horse, cactus, sage brush, oil derricks, the moon, random stars, and the space shuttle thrown in for good measure. Recent redesign went overboard in the other direction. It's black on white now. Snoooooze.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by pcxpower »

Bash On! wrote:Gold and blue looks nice together, and is better than the recently replaced Texas tag. That one looked like it was designed by committee with various images plopped around the tag--state outline with flag overlay, state slogan, cowboy on a horse, cactus, sage brush, oil derricks, the moon, random stars, and the space shuttle thrown in for good measure. Recent redesign went overboard in the other direction. It's black on white now. Snoooooze.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I did not know about this Texas tag issue, and after visiting right now the TXDMV.GOV website I have just read about the various designs. I also think that the new one is a little boring, but even like that, much more interesting than the typical European (in my case, Spanish) tag:

2015 Honda PCX 125
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Maybe ya'll have might have read this, maybe not? Here's an article from Motor Scooter Guide (with pics, and a few links).
http://www.motorscooterguide.net/Honda/PCX/PCX.html
I did learn something....that the 2015 suspension is the same as previous PCX models 8)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^ hmm??? My bad > grammar :oops:
Let's try that first sentence again. "Maybe ya'll have read this, maybe not..."
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Very interesting information in that link! Thanks! ;)

Also, I've clicked the link in which owners talk about their PCXs, and their comments seems taken from this forum... thank goodness that Honda upgraded the seat!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
2015 Honda PCX 125
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:^^ hmm??? My bad > grammar :oops:
Let's try that first sentence again. "Maybe ya'll have read this, maybe not..."
You use grammar?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I am one :lol:
V
V
I lied :D
V
V
I'm NOT!
(Tricked Ye! :lol: Fancy That!)

"Grammar," Delicious or Distasteful. Nibble, chew, swallow or spit out. Hurling a bit. Oddly, that happens. :roll: How's about You, 2yous? Got grammar??
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Let's take a quick look at a cozy "SIDE BY SIDE" in RED
PCX 2013 and PCX 2014 (aka) 2015

Hey! :? Why does the pic make the 2013 look so squished? Wheelbase IS the same 51.8. Bad photo, I'm guessing. Ah well, you can still see some differences and even More in person (of course).
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (134.53 KiB) Viewed 1489 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Disappointed. The more I look at that ^^ photo, the more I don't like it. Too dark, not defined, all details lost. Sorry folks :|
If anyone has or can find a better photo side by side, would you please share it here? Oh me oh my...I tried.
drol343
Year: Forza 2014 ABS
Color: Forza Red

Post by drol343 »

Great looking all around!

Luv the name... WhiteNoise
drol343 (USA)
Dennis
2014 Honda FORZA NSS300A
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

WhiteNoise wrote:Disappointed. The more I look at that ^^ photo, the more I don't like it. Too dark, not defined, all details lost. Sorry folks :|
If anyone has or can find a better photo side by side, would you please share it here? Oh me oh my...I tried.
Please don't worry, and thank you very much for posting these pictures! ;) Let's see if I can do something about it! ;)

In this picture I've tried to overlap the new scooter (in red) with the old one (in gray):

Given that both pictures had different size, I have tried to resize one of them so that we could compare sizes and shapes of both models. Hopefully we can figure something out!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it posible that the general shape is different in almost all the places? :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:

Let's see two pictures of both models, but one over the other, instead of side by side, so that we can see them in detail:

And here we go with the "side by side" picture:

In this case, given that the forum's images are restricted to a máximum of 1024 pixels wide, I haven't been able to post the picture bigger... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The more I see this scooter, both the old and new models, the more I like it! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
2015 Honda PCX 125
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Post by homey »

Yes, this is an illusion created by the extra black plastic extension in the inner quarter panel and the narrowing of the black side panel. The loss of the seat hump plus the lower wind screen and perhaps the entire steering/front fork assembly have been shortened creating an overall stretched look that really isn't there. Very nice presentation, something you won't see down at Honda.

Good job! that was fun... certainly any former decal kits won't fit 2015 PCX
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

pcxpower this is for you. Applause, Applause, Applause! Well done :P I sense you're the creative type, major cool 8)

@ drol343, Hey newbie, when did you get on board? Didn't see your self introduction. Sorry I'm a bit behind. Welcome! and thank you for liking me scoots name :P

homey, I'm hoping we get offered some Cool Stuff soon!
I'd like to try a Givi (AF Series) Airflow Windshield....that's IF they ever make one for our 2015 PCX :roll: Have you seen their Airflow video? It's on this page: http://www.giviusa.com/givi-products/wi ... indshields
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Post by homey »

WhiteNoise wrote:Have you seen their Airflow video? It's on this page: http://www.giviusa.com/givi-products/wi ... indshields
No, first time to look at windscreens. Video explains about air flow that makes the slot in the lower front make sense. I was using it to pull a microfiber through because it gets dusty under there. Thanks for the link 8)
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

I'm glad that you have liked the overlapping! ;) Happy to be of help :D

And in relation to this new GIVI product, I saw yesterday that we have a fellow Forza owner in the forum with this type of windshield:

https://plus.google.com/photos/+WillaJa ... 6887876913

Scroll down to see other pictures of the scooter with the airflow windshield ;)

And it looks to be very functional... I would not need a regulable one, as I always want "full protection", but I recognize that it is a very well designed product ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125