scooter bugs...

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homey
Regular User
Regular User

scooter bugs...

Post by homey »

Recently (since purchase) I've become aware of itchy bug bits here and there that unlike mosquitos are close in proximity to each other (one or two bites inside a half inch most likely from the same insect). Similar to mosquito bites but simply can't be mosquitos since this bug endures inside my riding jacket after being blown in (clearly a tougher flying insect). I can't remember such an insect in my youthful days on motorcycles and I will call these Scooter Bugs for lack of better understanding. Have any of you experience this? For now I am switching to pants and zipping up my collar at night no matter how warm the late night runs... dam things itch for days! If these are not flying in then I really need to bring my gear in from the garage, did you know there is a spider every three feet from you anywhere on the planet. I like spiders, they work with you most of the time 8)
jpfvita

Re: scooter bugs...

Post by jpfvita »

:o

Im really sorry to hear about your bug problem im sorry to say you might have to invest in some new gear depending on what it is that has made its way into your jacket you may not be able to get it or them out !
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:? Oh homey, they be called fleas. Itchy little buggers! Do you have pets? Are any animals in or about the garage? Even neighbors fleas go visiting and without invitation :x Hope flea eggs aren't in yer pants, jacket, gloves or lid. Horrible thought!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Sounds like a bunch of highland midges are on their travels....
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Post by homey »

WhiteNoise wrote::? Oh homey, they be called fleas
Oh crap... yes these do seem like flee bites, never mind, silly me, my dog probably laid on my jacket while I worked on the bike. Good! I thought there was something in the air, at least I can deal with a flee or two.
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Post by homey »

gn2 wrote:Sounds like a bunch of highland midges are on their travels....
GOOD LORD! I did not want to google 'Highland Midge' bloody hell man! Is this a typical Scottish evening in the woods?

http://youtu.be/1JpLTuBgfq8
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

homey wrote:
GOOD LORD! I did not want to google 'Highland Midge' bloody hell man! Is this a typical Scottish evening in the woods?

And to think they wear kilts, with those things flying around! No wonder my ancestors left.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Bash On! wrote:
homey wrote:

And to think they wear kilts, with those things flying around! No wonder my ancestors left.

It wouldn't have been the midges