WTB: smartphone holder in middle of handlebars

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

supermattyp

WTB: smartphone holder in middle of handlebars

Post by supermattyp »

Hey guys,

I bought a Forza a few weeks ago and it came with a RAM mount system attached to the left handbrake. I don't understand why this location was chosen. I'm looking for some sort of simple pipe clamp I can attach to the single bar in the middle of the handlebars and mount my large smartphone to it. I guess I'll also need a large phone holder as well to go on it.

Does anyone have one specifically for that location or am I stuck with the RAM kit?

Also, is anyone interested in buying this mount system? It has 2 mounts on it and looks to be in good condition. No idea what it's worth...i just hate the look of it.

Cheers,
Matty
BRed
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2023 XMax 300
Color: Grey and black

Re: WTB: smartphone holder in middle of handlebars

Post by BRed »

I have one of the RAM mounts like you're speaking of....it uses a hose type band clamp with a thin rubber sleeve.
I just tried it last night on my Forza and it won't fit. :(

The bar clamps are too narrow and the clamp can't be cut down because of how its made.
It might clamp to the first upright section after the first bend, but it won't look pretty.

There are RAM mounts that replace the brake lever perch clamps and some that replace the brake reservoir covers that should fit, since its 7/8".
I think I'm going to screw or bolt mount a ball and base on the top of the instrument visor, since the Givi shield opens all that space up.
supermattyp

Re: WTB: smartphone holder in middle of handlebars

Post by supermattyp »

I found an awesome mount I'm going to order from Austria. It's a piece of rubber that wraps around the bar and then you pull the corners over each corner of your phone. The. Name is Finn. If you Google finn bike mount you'll see it. They don't ship to the u.s. just yet but i have a friend in the u.k. who can send it to me.