New PCX 2015 Owner

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

New PCX 2015 Owner

Post by outlander »

I've just purchased a used pcx with 50 miles on the odometer. So far I love it. Today I was becoming familiar with the scooter and I am unsure about the CBS reservoir. I cannot see any fluid, just clear plastic. Any ideas? Would this be covered by warranty to have it looked at?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: New PCX 2015 Owner

Post by homie »

Congratulation!!! You sir are the 31st member of this forum to own a 2015 Honda PCX. I dub thee proud owner of the most excellent and move YOU to the head of the 2015 PCX OWNERS PARADE! 8) WOOT!!!!!!

stand by someone will be with you in a moment
William T
Year: Model 2013
Color: Red 150

Post by William T »

The fluid is very clear looking and if there is too much in it you may think it is empty. Stand the Bike on the center stand and look again. If it is truly empty I'd take it back to the dealer and have them top it off. Mine appears almost empty when it is on the side stand but is okay when it is on the center stand. Using the center stand may be the ticket.

I would also like to welcome you to the forum!
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Wow - a used 2015 pcx with 50 miles - was it a demo bike?
outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by outlander »

Thanks Homie do I get a free tank of gas for joining?

William whether it is on the side or center stand I cannot see any fluid, but the brakes feel fine. Do you know if a dealer will check it under warranty?

Iceman, no the owner was wealth and had a lot of toys he was selling, he also had a black pcx 2015 for sale. I got it at a good price. below msrp.

I drove it today on my errands and so far im getting 97.5 US MPG, that is insane. I really like it. My motorcycle is a buell ulysses, a totally different beast.
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

Congratulations. You have just proved your intellect is in the top 1% of humanity by purchasing a PCX. Bravo.
'88 BMW R100RT
William T
Year: Model 2013
Color: Red 150

Post by William T »

My friend the only thing I can say is a reputable dealer should stand behind that but a phone call will let you know for sure. I would look for any fluid leaks though by parking on a clean surface pump the break handle and look for leaks for my own peace of mind. Honda would surely want fluid put in rather than pay for repairs during warranty. The warranty question should be put to your dealer, I believe. I wish I could help more
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Shake the scooter from side to side while looking at the check window, you should see that the level is full.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi outlander :P I had the very same question when I got my 2015. Here's a page from a thread I started when I first got mine. Scroll about 1/2 way down > http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 8&start=40
Congrats on choosing a great little scoot that's so dang easy to love ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You