Basic PCX info

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Waltercito1947

Basic PCX info

Post by Waltercito1947 »

Hey, guys. Listen, I have a 2011 PCX 125 that I'm taking to Colombia; I bought the shop manual thinking I would try to maintain it myself - at least somewhat. However, even with the manual, I can't figure out how to begin removing all those body panels. Even with clear pictures and the order of removal, there isn't any real advice on how to reach and remove or disengage the tabs and screws necessary to remove the panels. Any suggestions? Thanks, Walter
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Re: Basic PCX info

Post by dasshreddar »

GO SLOW. I didn't have a manual when I took mine apart in the first hour of owning it.
I did have a "feel" for tackling the tabs though, and I only broke 1 small tab out of all the ones I took off.
So, I would say go slow and use a pry of some sort (screwdriver with a flat head can work if your gentle). :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Waltercito1947 wrote:Hey, guys. Listen, I have a 2011 PCX 125 that I'm taking to Colombia; I bought the shop manual thinking I would try to maintain it myself - at least somewhat. However, even with the manual, I can't figure out how to begin removing all those body panels. Even with clear pictures and the order of removal, there isn't any real advice on how to reach and remove or disengage the tabs and screws necessary to remove the panels. Any suggestions? Thanks, Walter
How many miles are you doing? You might not need to remove the plastics
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

You only need to get the tupperware off to do the valve clearance check (every 5000 miles should be fine) or change the drivebelt (every 12500 miles)
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
frog13
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: white

Post by frog13 »

How about bulb replacement , or a hose somewhere , knowing how to remove the panels is a good idea.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

There is an automotive plastic removal kit sold at places like Harbor Freight that are necessary for the Tupperware. Go slow. There should be a thread somewhere on this forum in which Maddiedog takes his bike apart. Take your bike apart a few times before you go so that you will be familiar with it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers