Another crash

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

djcat
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Black

Re: Another crash

Post by djcat »

sendler2112 wrote:
djcat wrote: deployed once in anger...well worth it.
Do tell.
Just a head on argument with an SUV taking the racing line through the right turn. Pity I was already waiting at the apex, 3/4 in on my lane to turn right...

Picture 1 shows how I ended up, picture 2 was after the nice racing gentleman helped me put the bike up where I was standing. We had to wait for the police to arrive and call the local council to take care of the petrol and oil on the tarmac.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 16.18.36.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 16.18.36.png (908.39 KiB) Viewed 677 times
Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 16.18.01.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 16.18.01.png (853.22 KiB) Viewed 677 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Two dicks meet

Result :D
djcat
Regular User
Regular User

Post by djcat »

Explain why I am a dick head please.
adrianwo
Year: 2014
Color: matt grey

Post by adrianwo »

Thanks for all your replies. I will take into account all the suggestios you have given to me for improving visivility. I allready did some of the things you say, as pressing a little bit the brake so that the brake light turns on, even if I am not really braking.
Someone said that it didn't look like a 50km/h crash... well, that was the main purpose of this topic. My Honda pcx (and I) have survived with almost none injuries. The scooter had a broken numberplate and some of the plastics of the left-rear side. But that's all, I just wanted to point how strong and well costructed our scooter is. The guy's volkswagen golf, on the other hand, was not that lucky...
I have been testing my scooter this week, and I can't find any weird noise what so ever (my engine was not replaced, just broken plastics and tail light), but the top speed is a bit low, just bout 100-105km/h. Is that normal? I hadn't tested my top speed before the crash so I have no reference.
Homie, I am not andyscooter, I am adrianwo. Poor man don't you want him to crash twice :lol:
Again, thank you for all your comments, I appreciate it.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Say homie...how did you tie the two of them together anywho? Each one of them only went bump in the night/day....once. I know, it's hard to keep track sometimes. My Birthday thread tells 'me' that ;)

Adrian, I'm very glad you're okay. In the end that's all that matters. Your life. Cheers :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

adrianwo wrote:Homie, I am not andyscooter, I am adrianwo.
Oh thank you for that correction... I don't like to hear about accidents and it was especially disturbing to have someone going off twice. I figure you made it out alive and nothing else bad is coming your way Adrian. Fix your bike and get back out there... you and Andy have both had your tumble and that's enough close calls.
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

It's sad to see any bike laying on it's side. :(

Not sure what you you meant by referring to all involved as Dicks. But, he did not say dick head. May not have meant to be offensive since words mean different things around the world. Found this out with my Australian friends. o_O
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

djcat wrote:Explain why I am a dick head please.
Hang around this forum and you'll learn to skip reading any posts from 3 individuals. See their names..save yourself the agro. It's what they're after. Skip 'em.
Fish
djcat
Regular User
Regular User

Post by djcat »

fish wrote:
djcat wrote:Explain why I am a dick head please.
Hang around this forum and you'll learn to skip reading any posts from 3 individuals. See their names..save yourself the agro. It's what they're after. Skip 'em.
Fish

Oh I did not feel insulted, to say in fact I thought that we would start a joyful back and forth of British jokes. Its part of the local humour, words alone just make for witty banter.
djcat
Regular User
Regular User

Post by djcat »

adrianwo wrote:
Someone said that it didn't look like a 50km/h crash... well, that was the main purpose of this topic. My Honda pcx (and I) have survived with almost none injuries. The scooter had a broken numberplate and some of the plastics of the left-rear side. But that's all, I just wanted to point how strong and well costructed our scooter is. The guy's volkswagen golf, on the other hand, was not that lucky...

Mate, trust me...the IMPACT speed was not 50 km/h. If it was, you would have been catapulted over the entire car and landed behind it. I have seen it happen at lower speeds.

Here a link to a totally unrelated issue, it shows a crash test at 30mph (around 50 km/h). See the damage on the black cab and what happens to the unrestrained baby dummy. That is 50 km/h, not your crash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyn9KPFWXco
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

There is plenty of indirect or implied censorship that occurs on this forum. Suggesting disregarding certain posts smacks of it. Isn't that protection a golden rule here?

I suggest some review the rules.
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7