Hi

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

luizao
Year: 2015
Color: white

Hi

Post by luizao »

Hi everyone:

This is my first post but I've already read through a bunch of threads. I should be getting my bike on Monday (was hoping to get it today). I ordered it a couple of weeks ago but there was a mistake with the paperwork and everything got pushed back a whole week... darn it!

I'm really excited because this is my first motorbike ever. I'm really into mountainbiking though, but a bicycle is not the best everyday means of transport in such a hilly town as mine. My other vehicle is a minivan, which is awesome for traveling but a pain in the ass to find a space for. And gas mileage is awful as well, of course.

I think the change will be for the better. I intend on using the bike to go to work everyday (5 km each way) and for the casual errand.

I'm sure I made the right choice. I can't imagine what not having to look for a parking space feels like...

Well, I'm sure I'll be asking for advice from everyone's experience soon.

See ya.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Re: Hi

Post by Alibally »

Hello, and welcome.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi right back luizao! It's always exciting to read a newcomer to scootin' not as excited as you :P I bet, but I'm happy for you. Monday is a just around the corner. Hold tight, dreams come true :D
Post a photo or two so we can see the Color 8)

Quick question for you...is there a basic motorcycle safety course that you can sign up for, and take? (Soon?) This is my very first piece of advice to you or any rider with little or no experience. Please Take it!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Greetings! :D
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome, glad you decided to join.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

Hi. Looking for some scenic pictures there later on.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
luizao

Post by luizao »

Thanks everyone for the welcome and WhiteNoise for the piece of advice. I'll have to look into that. The thing is that here you are qualified to ride 125cc bikes with your car driving license, so no practice is actually needed, not even the "L" sign I've seen on British Youtube videos.
I'm used to the two wheels though, but this must be a whole different business so I think it's a good idea, the problem is that I don't know if those courses are common. I'll have to ask the dealer. We'll see how long it takes me to figure out that the rear brake is on the left side...

I really hope I get it tomorrow... Stupid Spain and its inefficient bureaucracy... Anyway, either tomorrow or Tuesday. It's about time already...

I'll definitely post some pics.

Thanks again, everyone.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

luizao wrote:Thanks everyone for the welcome and WhiteNoise for the piece of advice. I'll have to look into that. The thing is that here you are qualified to ride 125cc bikes with your car driving license, so no practice is actually needed, not even the "L" sign I've seen on British Youtube videos.
I'm used to the two wheels though, but this must be a whole different business so I think it's a good idea, the problem is that I don't know if those courses are common. I'll have to ask the dealer. We'll see how long it takes me to figure out that the rear brake is on the left side...

I really hope I get it tomorrow... Stupid Spain and its inefficient bureaucracy... Anyway, either tomorrow or Tuesday. It's about time already...

I'll definitely post some pics.

Thanks again, everyone.

Why is the whole of Spain stupid? I know where I'd put my chips.

Ps. I'm not talking about the fried ones,,
frog13
Regular User
Regular User

Post by frog13 »

Welcome to the forum.
Mr Elbows
Year: 2013

Post by Mr Elbows »

First timer here too. Congrats on the purchase, luizao. I ordered mine on the 12th of this month. It's coming all the way from Pennsylvania and I live in Nevada. I'm real excited, as this my very first motorbike too! I can't wait to cruise to work with it and do some occasional grocery shopping as well. I'm starting to have dreams about it lol. No more bus rides!

Also, what shipping company did you use? I used haulbikes.com because their price was real cheap.
Red 2013 Honda PCX 150 - very first scooter as of [2/12/15]
luizao

Post by luizao »

@you you, so what happened was that they didn't include my middle name in the contract and, therefore, the contract wasn't valid. Funny thing is I have all my bills under my name without the middle initial or anything and it's usually fine. I guess it's difficult with a vehicle that has to be registered and all that.
It's not the whole of Spain that is stupid, but a large chunk is...

@Mr Elbows, the bike has been waiting in the shop since the day after I ordered it. I got it from an official Honda re-seller (not an official Honda dealership, don't really know what the difference is). The way they do it, as far as I can tell, they guys at the shop (who I've known for a while because they also repair bicycles and I always take mine there) take weekly drives to Madrid (300km east from my town), where they pick up the stuff they need for the shop. I just happened to order it the same day they were picking stuff up in Madrid, so they brought it with right away.

Still waiting, though. Paperwork, insurance and all that should already be taken care of (I got Honda+ for an extra 150 bucks, including a 4-year warranty extension and "free" insurance for the first year, together with 0% interest financing to pay the bike in 24 months). I'm guessing they are waiting for the actual physical license plate. I dunno, I was gonna go to the shop this morning to ask but didn't. I don't wanna be tiresome or anything.

Anyway, I'll post a pic as soon as I get it.
luizao

Post by luizao »

It's here!!!

I rode it for some 15 km (basically did the same route I take to work everyday) and I must say it has surpassed my expectations so far.

The bike is smooth, quiet and handles awesome. Plus, I filled the tank just under 8€!!! That's what I'm talking about! I'm super happy with my purchase. Had it been anything else, I would still be trying to make up my mind, but ever since these guys told me about the wonders of the PCX it was an easy decision.
As for the people complaining about the top speed, it must be that I'm a newbie and that those people's needs are different than mine, however, I don't think I'll be going over 80/90 kms/h very often.
On a side note, people here are cray about the Suzuki Burgman. Dunno why but they're everywhere. And they are ugly as hell (IMHO, to each their own...)

@tbln930, I got too carried away riding the bike for the first time and forgot to stop and take a nice pic. I promise I'll take some better ones when I get the chance.
forza300
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by forza300 »

luizao wrote: On a side note, people here are cray about the Suzuki Burgman. Dunno why but they're everywhere. And they are ugly as hell (IMHO, to each their own...)

@tbln930, I got too carried away riding the bike for the first time and forgot to stop and take a nice pic. I promise I'll take some better ones when I get the chance.

Love it. Great to hear about your new ride and experiences in Spain. Glad you chose a sooper cool PCX over an overweight Burgervan too ;)

Spain is one of the best biking places in the world. Ride safe amigo.
------------------------
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

Welcome! Good to have you here.
'88 BMW R100RT
luizao

Post by luizao »

Thanks, Forza and kcpcx.
I'm super happy with the bike. Just took it for a spin and it's amazing. I don't get the complaints about the crappy tires (we'll see how they behave on a rainy day) but the bike seems to go on rails, especially on the roundabouts, which are very common here.

Spain has quite a big tradition of motorbiking, we have a bunch of world champions and all that, as well as two or three grand prix (prixes?). And particularly in my town, Cáceres, scooters and mopeds are the way to go since its quite hilly, streets are narrow and finding a parking spot is a nightmare.

I haven't had the chance to take a good pic yet. We've been out all day taking care of some business in Madrid and just got back a few hours ago (enough for me to find the excuse to ride the bike to the grocery store lol). I took one in the garage and tried to upload but the size was too big, so I'll have to figure that out. That's why my previous post says something about "uploading a better one" or something like that.
Mr Elbows

Post by Mr Elbows »

I hear riding in the rain on those stock tires is like playing Russian Roulette due to the slipperyness. Folks are always recommending to get Michellin City Grips to handle the wet roads better. Just an fyi.
Red 2013 Honda PCX 150 - very first scooter as of [2/12/15]
luizao

Post by luizao »

Thanks, Mr Elbows. That's what I've read around here as well. I actually told one of the guys at the shop (the mechanic) about the complaints I had read about the tires and he told me they're not too bad (what's he gonna say anyway, right?).

The good thing is that the rainy season here should be over (fingers crossed) and if it rains, I'll just drive to work anyway. The problem will be the day I take the bike to work because it's sunny and it starts raining on the way there or back...

When are you supposed to replace the stock tires? Just to keep that in mind. How much are the Michelin City Grips?

Thanks in advance.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Cheers! You got it! rode it! like it, and yer grinning :P Perfect!
Yep, we're waiting to see it. Postings photos here can be tricky to those not familiar.
You can resize your photo's using a resize tool like this: http://resizepic.com or others available online.

Can Ya tell I'm anxious to see it :D ;)

Can't help you with the MSF info, sorry. Perhaps another member from Spain can? Anyone?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

forza300 wrote:Burgervan
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
luizao

Post by luizao »

I'll try that. Thanks, WhiteNoise.