So I test rode a Forza... question on seating position.

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

remhed

So I test rode a Forza... question on seating position.

Post by remhed »

All,

Hi this is my first post here. I am considering getting a Forza. I currently ride a Genuine Buddy 125. I test rode a Forza today and was very disappointed with the seating position. My legs felt very cramped. I realize that the seating position of this type of scoot is very different from a Buddy/Vespa type set up, but it seems designed for someone shorter than me. I am 5'11 about 190#.

I'm interested to get feedback from folks who are at least 5'11+ tall how you feel about the seating position and general comfort.

A friend that was with me said that the bolster that is on the seat can easily be removed via a few bolts underneath which would allow you to sit back a few more inches. Has anyone done this? He also said that there are some aftermarket flat seats available which would allow you to sit about as far back as you want. You probably would not be able to ride 2 up but that is not an issue for me. Either of these options may require you to put risers on the handlebars.

Thanks for any feedback!

Steve
Noblesville, IN
stryder123
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 forza
Color: Red

Re: So I test rode a Forza... question on seating position.

Post by stryder123 »

I bought a Forza last fall. I am 6ft and 240 lbs. I felt is was a little cramped at first but got used to it quickly. You can remove the bolster but the seat looks pretty ugly with it off. So far I have not seen any aftermarket seats for it in the usa but it seems there are a lot of places that will alter it for you but it is expensive. I think from what I have seen so far about 150 bucks. All I have done to mine so far is put on a tall Givi windscreen and enjoy the ride.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

I am 5' 11" and find it barely comfortable. I also use the upper foot position on longer rides and then lean back a bit. I find that position a good switch for butt and back fatigue. Any taller and I would modify the seat or your knees start getting too close to the compartment doors (right now I have about 1.5" clearance). My local motorcycle seat guy also wants $150 to alter it and I think my PCX seat guy in Thailand who got me a new PCX seat for $100 shipped ($45 for the seat and $55 to ship it) would be at least a few hundred shipped for the Forza seat because they have to buy OEM bases unless used Forza ones have become available. With my Givi V47 top case and back rest I find that I don't want to change the seat too much or the passenger will be cramped. Right now I get positive comments on the back.

Mp.Motor in Thailand
https://www.facebook.com/pages/HONDA-PC ... 0531068934
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

The $100 seat for my PCX. (They posted the pictures I sent them)

https://www.facebook.com/13916505310689 ... =3&theater
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I'm six feet and find it very comfortable indeed.
I never use the feet forward position.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Forza208
Year: 2014 Forza

Post by Forza208 »

I'm just under 6 feet with my boots on, and I find the Forza quite comfortable. I typically sit with my feet flat, but I occasionally use the feet forward position if I'm riding for a while. The floorboards are also long enough to put your feet back a little if you prefer to ride leaned forward a bit.
Owner of a red 2014 Honda Forza
"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." — Oscar Wilde
pja2536
Year: 2013
Color: BLACK

Post by pja2536 »

remhed wrote:A friend that was with me said that the bolster that is on the seat can easily be removed via a few bolts underneath which would allow you to sit back a few more inches. Has anyone done this? He also said that there are some aftermarket flat seats available which would allow you to sit about as far back as you want. You probably would not be able to ride 2 up but that is not an issue for me. Either of these options may require you to put risers on the handlebars.
Hi! I have had my Forza for almost two years and have done quite a few long runs (up to four days away). The seat was an early problem for me and I am a little shorter than you. I took mine to a business called MJM in Goulburn, NSW Australia and had it re-upholstered.

If you have a look at this thread (http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2522) you will see some good detail on what can be done with your seat. On the second page of that thread there are pictures of my scooter.

It has made a world of difference. I would have liked even more space on the rider's part of the seat but the fibre glass seat base prevents this. My seat cost AUD450 which I think is very reasonable.

The Forza is a great little scooter made even better with some minor work done to the seat.

Hope this helps,
Peter
Peter Anderson & Co.

"HE HAD offices in Sydney, not so many years ago,
And his shingle bore the legend 'Peter Anderson and Co.',
But his real name was Careless, as the fellows understood-
And his relatives decided that he wasn't any good."

Henry Lawson, August, 1895
remhed

Post by remhed »

Thanks Peter - I had found your post the other day when I did a Google search on Forza seat replacement. What you had done looks very nice!

Thanks for everyone else's comments also.

I am surprised at the number of folks that are 5'11, 6'+ that seem to find the stock position comfortable. Maybe it's because I am used to riding in a more upright seated position with no center hump so I can put my feet wherever I like.

I may have the possibility of buying a 2012 Vespa GTS 300s with about 4,000 miles on it for $4k US. That is too good a deal to pass up so if that happens I'll be passing on the Forza for now.

-Steve
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The Forza is a far better scooter than any Vespa.
Faster, more economical, longer service interval, bigger wheels, better handling, longer range, Combined ABS, much bigger underseat storage etc...
The only thing it can't do as well as a Vespa is be a Vespa :lol:
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Vesper2112
Year: 2014 Forza

Post by Vesper2112 »

I'm 5'11" and find it pretty comfortable. I rarely use the upper foot position, but it's nice to have as a way to move your knees sometime). The Forza is my first 2-wheeled motorized anything, so I don't have anything else to compare it to.