Hello

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

TwoWheelers
Year: 2015
Color: Red

Hello

Post by TwoWheelers »

Hello to all:
Here's my new 2015 Forza: "Lucy" with the Honda tall windscreen and Bestem trunk.
Wife and I are in our little, hidden, secret, FL retirement community location.
Went from a 2012 650 Burgman to a 2014 Star 950 Tour, and now back to a scoot with the Honda 300.
Wife went from a 400 Burgman to a 2014 Honda CTX 700N. She's keeping her scooter replacement at this time.
No pics of her CTX, but it's also red with windshield and matching trunk.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: Hello

Post by Jge64 »

Nice!

In florida too, scooter heaven......
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

I will be joining you in about 4 years... palm trees, palmetto bugs, gators and Honda Scooters
Attachments
sweet.jpg
sweet.jpg (9.5 KiB) Viewed 1609 times
Hypnos

Post by Hypnos »

Hi there an welcome! I also used to ride a Burgman 650, and I recently sold it for the Forza 300. I wanted something lighter and more manageable for city driving. Unfortunately, living in Canada, I can only realistically ride 6 months a year. Mine is red, just like yours. So far (2 weeks) I think that it's a great bike.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Superb photo!!
Just back (to ohio) from 10 days on St Pete beach....scooters everywhere.I'm trying to ride scooter to work year around....gotta layer up....and new battery heated gloves...gets me by on 3°F days if no ice or snow on streets.
Man, Florida...all you need is a poncho for the rain!!!
Good for you....keep in touch and posting pix!
Fish
TwoWheelers

Post by TwoWheelers »

Our Forza, named "Lucy" is a little shy.
She hid behind the pole even though our local dinosaur was chained.
TwoWheelers

Post by TwoWheelers »

Hypnos wrote:Hi there an welcome! I also used to ride a Burgman 650, and I recently sold it for the Forza 300. I wanted something lighter and more manageable for city driving. Unfortunately, living in Canada, I can only realistically ride 6 months a year. Mine is red, just like yours. So far (2 weeks) I think that it's a great bike.
I changed my oil and filter today. Took me maybe 10 minutes. 1 1/2 quarts of oil and the exact same filter as the wife's CTX700N. No body panels to remove for access to the fill, drain, or filter. I'm liking this Forza scoot more every day. Good now for 8,000 miles.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

We live in Georgia and have thought about moving to Florida, but the same reasons for leaving Atlanta still exist down there....bad weather and bad drivers. Right now it is in the low 90s outside but the humidity makes walking our dogs difficult on them, and we aren't much better off. We had a friend who moved to the Tampa area and we came to visit him. It was nice that day. A few days later their weather turned as bad as we get up here. Then, of course, there are the sinkholes and gators. Hmmmm.....nice place to visit but I would have to think about it before putting my wife and dogs in harm's way by moving there. For those already there though, great scootering place.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Mel46 wrote:bad weather and bad drivers
Yep...US-90 is a geriatric demolition derby but I'm no stranger to the retirement commute having lived in Tampa/Clearwater area before relocating to Chicago. You just have to know anything can happen in the mind of a aging driver... you too will be one someday :)

Better get a chain on that Forza, looks like a bad neighborhood.
TwoWheelers

Post by TwoWheelers »

Mel46 wrote:We live in Georgia and have thought about moving to Florida, but the same reasons for leaving Atlanta still exist down there....bad weather and bad drivers. Right now it is in the low 90s outside but the humidity makes walking our dogs difficult on them, and we aren't much better off. We had a friend who moved to the Tampa area and we came to visit him. It was nice that day. A few days later their weather turned as bad as we get up here. Then, of course, there are the sinkholes and gators. Hmmmm.....nice place to visit but I would have to think about it before putting my wife and dogs in harm's way by moving there. For those already there though, great scootering place.
About 15 years ago when we lived on Hilton Head Island, we evacuated to Atlanta for the hurricane.
Weather can always be a hazard anywhere with hurricanes, earth quakes, tornados, floods, sinkholes, etc.
Here in FL we live in the center along Hwy 27 N/S. It's about 80 miles to either coast for us. People on the coasts evacuate to here.
Wife feels safe living here for hurricane season.
For our everyday piece of mind to feel safe from crime or whatever, we live in a 55+ gated community.
But it is warm and humid, can't argue that. Bike/Scooter rides, beer, and A/C to the rescue.
TwoWheelers

Post by TwoWheelers »

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Homie, you said that I will be an aging driver someday. How old is too old to dtive? That is a question that I think should not be based on actual age, but on your mind. I will be 69 this year but I still know the difference between the brake and accelerator. About 10 years ago I was driving to work in my tank (my Volvo, which I no longer have). An old couple was about to pull out from a motel into the flow of heavy traffic. The old man was driving. Just as I was about to pass their vehicle, the old man hit the accelerator. Their minivan hit my car on the right dide right into the rear passenger door. But instead of stopping at that point, he pushed the accelerator to the floor, holding it there while pushing my 2 ton car sideways all the way into the next lane, where a car coming up from my rear hit my car again. That old my man kept his foot on the accelerator until he had separated our two cars and had gone through the opening. Then he turned his van into the flow of traffic and drove away. Several people who witnessed the acciden drove after him and stopped him till the police arrived. His wife told the police that he got confused. If he was that confused he should not have been driving!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers