New to The Forum

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Linnets
Year: Forza 300 2016
Color: Orange

New to The Forum

Post by Linnets »

Hi all,
New to the forum here, just bought myself a new PCX 150 over here in Thailand for the princely sum of 76500 Baht or £1457 in UK money. Looking forward to riding my own bike after renting a few of these over the years. Few pictures below.
IMG_2749.JPG
IMG_2749.JPG (243.28 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
IMG_2750.jpg
IMG_2750.jpg (193.84 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
IMG_2751.JPG
IMG_2751.JPG (247.44 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
IMG_2752.JPG
IMG_2752.JPG (241.42 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
IMG_2753.JPG
IMG_2753.JPG (243.16 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: New to The Forum

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to another PCX rider in Thailand. Where in Thailand are you?
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Leafeh
Year: 2015 PCX125
Color: Black

Post by Leafeh »

Welcome to the forum!

I must say, those number plates are way more exotic and exciting than the British ones..
I really do love the gold rims too! They really do compliment the red.
Linnets

Post by Linnets »

kramnala58 wrote:Welcome to another PCX rider in Thailand. Where in Thailand are you?
I live in Pattaya :D
Linnets

Post by Linnets »

Leafeh wrote:Welcome to the forum!

I must say, those number plates are way more exotic and exciting than the British ones..
Re the number plate, it's Thailands version of a trade plate which you run around on until your own plate is sorted. The normal plate is the standard white background with black lettering.

Took me a fair bit of searching to find a red one with gold wheels, most of them have the standard black it seems.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

That is a beautiful sight... I like the gates too, the ones around here could use and upgrade
Attachments
mac3.jpg
mac3.jpg (22.52 KiB) Viewed 1571 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome to our forum(s) Linnets :P Wow! Ya'll pay so little for a New 2015 PCX! In American dollars that would be just over $2,200.00! Amazing considering I paid OTD, $4,050 :|
No regrets though.
Gold wheels! Those are Not available here. Nice choice, enjoy and ride safe :P

homie, leave it to us to notice and like that gate! Another Wow! I dig it! 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The gold wheels look good.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Welcome , love the gold wheels. so much nicer than the crappy matt black supplied in Oz.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:homie, leave it to us to notice and like that gate! Another Wow! I dig it! 8)
yes it's all good, one could sit on the pink loo whilst waiting for the mail... very inviting porch action, I'm going to have Chief set that up for us here.
Leafeh
Year: 2015 PCX125

Post by Leafeh »

Linnets wrote:
Leafeh wrote:Welcome to the forum!

Re the number plate, it's Thailands version of a trade plate which you run around on until your own plate is sorted. The normal plate is the standard white background with black lettering.

Took me a fair bit of searching to find a red one with gold wheels, most of them have the standard black it seems.
Ah I see. Nonetheless it still looks far more exciting! :')
I don't think the option of the gold wheels is available in the US/UK, wish it was though.
I think a black PCX with gold wheels would look so good, almost on par with the red, of course. :)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Well I am guessing that you could have pulled the rims off of your bike and taken them to an auto paint shop to get painted. It would have been a bit of effort, but you could do it. Also, powerbypcx has all sorts of rims, and their store is in Thailand, though I'm not sure where as apposed to where you live.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
mannyaguilar
Where - is - my - super - suit?

Post by mannyaguilar »

[quote="Linnets"]Hi all,
New to the forum here, just bought myself a new PCX 150 over here in Thailand for the princely sum of 76500 Baht or £1457 in UK money. Looking forward to riding my own bike after renting a few of these over the years. Few pictures below.

Welcome to the forum!
Your PCX has the idle stop right?
I wish we could have that here in the States! For those not familiar with it: http://world.honda.com/motorcycle-pictu ... ling-stop/
Can you tell us how is it working for you?
Currently own: Black Honda PCX150 2015, Red Ural with sidecar 1996, Grey Piaggio MP3 400cc 2009.
Linnets

Post by Linnets »

mannyaguilar wrote:
Linnets wrote:Hi all,

Welcome to the forum!
I wish we could have that here in the States! For those not familiar with it: http://world.honda.com/motorcycle-pictu ... ling-stop/
I dont like it so have it permanently switched off, I cannot see that it will do the starter motor or battery any good in the longterm and as for fuel economy, I get 41Km per liter so I'm happy with that. I would be just as happy if Honda had never bothered to fit it.
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

I like black rims--easier to keep clean and less "blingy." And, I still cringe remembering the tacky gold trim packages somewhat popular for a time for some U.S. cars--but then, I'm an unapologetic snob.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
mannyaguilar

Post by mannyaguilar »

Linnets wrote:
mannyaguilar wrote:
Linnets wrote:Hi all,

Welcome to the forum!
I dont like it so have it permanently switched off, I cannot see that it will do the starter motor or battery any good in the longterm and as for fuel economy, I get 41Km per liter so I'm happy with that. I would be just as happy if Honda had never bothered to fit it.
I may be mistaken, but the PCX idle start uses an independent system to restart the engine. The battery is not involved and neither the starter. It is supposed to be a very innovative system that a lot of manufactures will start implementing soon. Some electric / hybrid cars already have it. They stop the engine at stops (when stop for more than a few seconds). It makes a lot of sense on city driving, which is what most scooters are used for. Now, if you are not going to be doing city driving, then it makes sense to turn it off.
Currently own: Black Honda PCX150 2015, Red Ural with sidecar 1996, Grey Piaggio MP3 400cc 2009.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

mannyaguilar wrote:I may be mistaken, but the PCX idle start uses an independent system to restart the engine. The battery is not involved and neither the starter
The PCX doesn't have a conventional starter, the alternator doubles up as the starter and also acts as a motor to position the crank in the optimum position for starting.
The battery supplies the power for starting.
This explains it fully: http://world.honda.com/motorcycle-pictu ... index.html
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019

Post by Alibally »

Ahh. Brushless motors. Lovely
mannyaguilar

Post by mannyaguilar »

gn2 wrote:
mannyaguilar wrote:I may be mistaken, but the PCX idle start uses an independent system to restart the engine. The battery is not involved and neither the starter
The PCX doesn't have a conventional starter, the alternator doubles up as the starter and also acts as a motor to position the crank in the optimum position for starting.
The battery supplies the power for starting.
This explains it fully: http://world.honda.com/motorcycle-pictu ... index.html
If you see my first post on this thread, I posted the exact same link to the Honda website. My point was that this idle stop styem is effective and efficient and doesn't cause extra wear on the scooter and it gives you 7% fuel savings.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

The battery is certainly involved, energy has to come from somewhere. The alternator is used in this system to save weight and complexity.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI