I just bought a PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

xixon
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Black

I just bought a PCX

Post by xixon »

I recently bought a 2013 PCX-150, black in colour c/w with a Honda top-box...it had 1120 KMS, in near mint condition.

I brought it into my local Honda dealer for a 1000 KMS check-up, they changed the oil/filtre, as well as the gear case oil. and the normal inspection stuff.

They said the tires & brakes are 99% and has no issues or problem, so I'm happy with the scooter.

Thought I would join this forum for general information on the PCX.

I prefer the 2015 seat better than the 2013 which has a hump, but not a big deal but I'm tall so the newer style is more comfortable....I'm wondering if they are interchangeable

cheers

xixon
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013

Re: I just bought a PCX

Post by honkerman »

xixon wrote:I recently bought a 2013 PCX-150, black in colour c/w with a Honda top-box...it had 1120 KMS, in near mint condition.
Well congrats! :)
I brought it into my local Honda dealer for a 1000 KMS check-up, they changed the oil/filtre, as well as the gear case oil. and the normal inspection stuff.
Just an FYI, if they told you they changed the filter, they're not exactly being accurate. The filter on GY6 engines is just a screen. They will have taken it out, cleaned it, and put it back in. but it wasn't technically changed.
They said the tires & brakes are 99% and has no issues or problem, so I'm happy with the scooter.

Thought I would join this forum for general information on the PCX.

I prefer the 2015 seat better than the 2013 which has a hump, but not a big deal but I'm tall so the newer style is more comfortable....I'm wondering if they are interchangeable

cheers

xixon
There's a lot of info on seats here, and some have modded theirs to remove the rump hump. do a search and you'll find plenty. Personally, I put my feet forward on the slanted forward floorboards and push against the rump hump. I find it works well for me, but I'm average height at 5'10".

It's a great little scooter though. Should serve you well. :)
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
xixon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by xixon »

thanks Honker for the feedback....now that you mentioned it, I never seen a filter listed on the bill, which I thought was strange, now I know why.

I'm 6'4", so the extra room on the seat is appealing, I'll be sure to check out what others have done

cheers
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

xixon wrote:Thought I would join this forum for general information on the PCX. xixon
WELCOME! This was your second most excellent move, you will get what you need here and save a lot of fiddling around.
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

Welcome xixon - I too am a new member. I test rode a used '13 PCX before I got my '15 and I was expecting horrible things from the hump from what I had read but I actually didn't mind it since it gives you something to push back against. The '15 with the ridge instead of the hump is not necessarily an improvement IMO. But I'm a couple inches shorter than you so that might make a difference.
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
xixon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by xixon »

homie wrote:
xixon wrote:Thought I would join this forum for general information on the PCX. xixon
WELCOME! This was your second most excellent move, you will get what you need here and save a lot of fiddling around.
thanks homie...the PCX is my hobby, so always nice to have a supporting forum, glad I found this site

cheers
Last edited by xixon on Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xixon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by xixon »

GatorGreg wrote:Welcome xixon - I too am a new member. I test rode a used '13 PCX before I got my '15 and I was expecting horrible things from the hump from what I had read but I actually didn't mind it since it gives you something to push back against. The '15 with the ridge instead of the hump is not necessarily an improvement IMO. But I'm a couple inches shorter than you so that might make a difference.
hi Gator...I was the other way around, I test drove a 2015 first and it felt good, I didn't know the 2013 had the hump seat until I went to view it.

it does restrict the leg room a bit, but not a big issue.....I just need to find someone with a 2015 who wants a 2013 seat, then can swap seats ;)
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

honkerman wrote: Just an FYI, if they told you they changed the filter, they're not exactly being accurate. The filter on GY6 engines is just a screen. They will have taken it out, cleaned it, and put it back in. but it wasn't technically changed.
Just for your information:
It is a commonmisperception, but the engine in the PCX is _not_ GY6 and Honda does not produce the said engine any more. GY6 is a force aircooled carbureted single cylinder which has found it's way to many Chinese knock-offs pardon me licences.

The engine used in the pCX is a completely new development. Though it is also a two valve single cylinder sporting a very similar almost horizontal setup, it is water cooled, has an offset cylinder (also idle stop outside of the US) for better fuel efficiency and employs closed loop EFI and catalisator to comply global emission requirements.

The rest of the comment is still valid as it does not have an oil filter. :-)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:P Hi there xixon! (scusi, :oops: how would I say that?)
Yeh! Congrats on getting yourself a PCX! Tis a fine machine & it will keep you smiling. That's always a Very Good thing!

.....Now, about your idea of swapping your 2013 stock seat with a 2015 seat, sadly it won't work. Many PCX'ers were disappointed to hear those very words, but luckily found after market seat makers across the pond to choose one from. Most have been successful finding their "comfort zone" along with style/color(s) through these shops.

I'm sure a member or two....3 ;) will kick in with a website or two that sell seats (for a 2013).
I still have my 2015 stock seat on and so far I'm not screaming, but then :roll: I haven't taken that Looong ride yet. Then I'll know....Whether I can use it, or loose it!
Cheers and have Fun!!!!!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013

Post by honkerman »

WhiteNoise wrote::P Hi there xixon! (scusi, :oops: how would I say that?)
Yeh! Congrats on getting yourself a PCX! Tis a fine machine & it will keep you smiling. That's always a Very Good thing!

.....Now, about your idea of swapping your 2013 stock seat with a 2015 seat, sadly it won't work. Many PCX'ers were disappointed to hear those very words, but luckily found after market seat makers across the pond to choose one from. Most have been successful finding their "comfort zone" along with style/color(s) through these shops.

I'm sure a member or two....3 ;) will kick in with a website or two that sell seats (for a 2013).
I still have my 2015 stock seat on and so far I'm not screaming, but then :roll: I haven't taken that Looong ride yet. Then I'll know....Whether I can use it, or loose it!
Cheers and have Fun!!!!!
I did about 800 miles in a five day period, 320 miles of it in one day on the stock 2013 seat with the rump bump by putting my feet on the sloping forward part of the floorboards. I'll admit, and aftermarket seat is planned at some point, but it will have to wait until I finish school.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
xixon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by xixon »

WhiteNoise wrote::P Hi there xixon! (scusi, :oops: how would I say that?)

Cheers and have Fun!!!!!
hey Whitenoise....thanks for the info, so it seemed too easy to just get a 2015 seat...oh well, I may try a get the existing one modified.

BTW, xixon is a city in northern Spain which is more often called Gijon (Asturias)

"xixon" would be pronounced as "she-shone" which is not Spanish but rather Asturiano or also called bable (a mix between Spanish and Portuguese)

cheers