INNER FENDER HELP

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015 Honda MSX
Color: Red

INNER FENDER HELP

Post by jojo87 »

I snapped the inner fender on my Bike,
forgot about the chain lock on the rear wheel,
chain got jammed and as it went around with the wheel.....
it snapped the rear inner fender,
one that bolts to the back of the airbox and above the swingarm,
also 2 pipes connect to it, 1 it just pushed in, but the other looks like a thick cable-tie around it,

HOW CAN I GET THAT CABLE OFF?
it's right in there! I can just about get to it with my fingers,
I really don't want to have to take parts off,
and I don't really want to take it to the Dealer for the Service with it like that,
as I don't want them to use that as an excuse for anything.
Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 12.27.46.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 12.27.46.png (1.25 MiB) Viewed 2107 times
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: INNER FENDER HELP

Post by jojo87 »

Just noticed the 2 cables that slide in behind/under the airbox too!!
sod taking all that off.....
i'll buy the part and see if the Dealers can fit it,
not sure what needs doing on a Second Service,
but surely they'll be able to do this quickly wont they?
probably charge me a lot knowing them though!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Have you ever thought about trading it in for a bus pass?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Don't let it get to you, we have all made absent minded mistakes. Hopefully you can get it sorted out without to big of an expense.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

I'd rather walk than use a Bus lol plus riding is for pleasure (supposed to be) as I work from home with my own business so it's good to get out on 2 wheels......
just a bit annoying when I get sold a Bike with an annoying issue to the point where I don't want to ride it.....
and also just a stupid mistake made with the chain, totally forgot about it and obviously revved the Bike to check the stock Exhaust back on there and CLUNK,
just purchased the new part for £21 (including Saturday delivery) so will give it to the Dealers on Tuesday and see if they can put it on,
but yeah... hopefully they don't charge too much to do it, doesn't look like a hard job, just annoying if you haven't got the tools etc,
and they're doing the second Service so I don't see why it'll be a big issue for them as they'll have to take parts off anyway...
I'll be putting it up for sale when I get it back, 100% getting a Honda MSX....
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

I locked the rear wheel down last winter just in case some ne'er-do-well wondered into my garage and gets past my dog and Glock but this year I will lock the front wheel NOT the back. Because this has happened to you I'm saddened at your perils with this PCX... have you tried a gremlin bell :)

I see myself doing the same thing in the dead of winter so here in lies the good that has come from your bad. Push on woman there is an end to this silliness and you have incredible skills and determination.
Attachments
mac3.jpg
mac3.jpg (22.52 KiB) Viewed 2094 times
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

lol thanks homie...... rather annoying as obviously just paid for the Exhaust which was near £300,
plus the last 3 Services are paid for which would cost a bit as well...
so hoping I can get a decent price, plus with the grips and levers and crossbar and mirrors and decals on it,
so, fingers crossed!
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

For others reading here, when I put a cable lock on the back wheel (not very often), I put a laminated 3 x 1 inch sign in my speedo area, saying "cable lock on".....

works every time.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

I got a Bike Cover over my Bike every night, and it's got holes in the front so the chain goes through 1 and then through the wheel and out the other....
but due to some recent idiots talking about stealing Bikes in my street, I put the chain on the rear wheel, so it can be seen when walking passed the garden,
didn't want it looking like nothing was on it and having people come in to look more to THEN see the lock on the front,
but yeah.... was concentrating more on the stock Exhaust being back on and hearing it for the first time to make sure it was 'on properly' and forgot about the chain.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Locking the rear wheel is safer as the front can be removed more easily, but any deterrent will likely cause damage if they just try and move it away.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Jge64 wrote:For others reading here, when I put a cable lock on the back wheel (not very often), I put a laminated 3 x 1 inch sign in my speedo area, saying "cable lock on"... works every time.
here ya go dude, laminate this :lol:
Attachments
lock.jpg
lock.jpg (67.02 KiB) Viewed 2083 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Gee jojo, hopefully you will express Much Joy with your upcoming bike. (love that little devil 8) Grom). It seems that you and the PCX have been rubbing each other <wrong> since first meeting. You just didn't play nice together. It happens.
Time to move on, time to be Happy again. Do whatever it takes, life is short. It's not just a saying, it's the truth!
When you git that newbie....post it baby! :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Jge64 wrote:For others reading here, when I put a cable lock on the back wheel (not very often), I put a laminated 3 x 1 inch sign in my speedo area, saying "cable lock on".....

works every time.
I like that reminder idea! Smart thinking ;) Easy fix
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:I locked the rear wheel down last winter just in case some ne'er-do-well wondered into my garage and gets past my dog and Glock but this year I will lock the front wheel NOT the back. Because this has happened to you I'm saddened at your perils with this PCX... have you tried a gremlin bell :)

I see myself doing the same thing in the dead of winter so here in lies the good that has come from your bad. Push on woman there is an end to this silliness and you have incredible skills and determination.

A 17 I hope? Missing the point in ACP
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jojo87 »

Thanks WhiteNoise, but yeah, my previous 2013 model was fine, stupid Car had to drive into me though!
this 2014/15 model though, been a hassle from the start, Honda Dealers not being that professional either doesn't help,
i'm just hoping with the Grom they'll actually be a bit more of a help,
probably just lazy and can't be bothered taking all the fairings and seat etc off the PCX to get to things so fobbed it back to me with the rattle issue still there,
at least with the Grom there isn't much to take off IF something is wrong (not jinxing it lol)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

One of these might be a worthwhile purchase:
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

gn2 wrote:One of these might be a worthwhile purchase:
I don't get it GN... what is that? A device that reminds you to pull your pants up. This whole business reminds me of the stupidest invention I ever saw on the news the other day to keep people from leaving their kids in the car.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Consider it a Reminder
Connect one end on disc lock, stretch it up to handlebars connect or loop it on. Makes it hard Not to Notice :D
Choice of colors, choose something bright :D Hi-Viz

Hey the person that invented this has full pockets .... $$$$
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

jojo87 wrote: 100% getting a Honda MSX....
First MSX post will be? How do I remove the inner fender and install a fender eliminator :roll: :lol:
RRocket

Post by RRocket »

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Here's a tip I've used many times. Get some tape. Any kind. Duct tape, electrical tape. Anything. Tear a strip and put it over the key lock portion of your motorcycle chainlock. Once you put the chainlock on, remove the strip of tape and place it over the ignition. This will remind you that the chainlock is on. Once you remove the chainlock, the strip of tape over the ignition goes back onto the chain lock.

It's simple, easy and cheap and the tape will last several weeks.