Hello from Seattle

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

larryinseattle
Year: 2011
Color: white

Hello from Seattle

Post by larryinseattle »

I recently bought a 2011 Honda PCX for my girl friend to ride. I have owned a couple of different Helix scooters and now have a 600cc Honda Silverwing. I also ride an 1800 2002 Goldwing ABS and a Kawasaki Drifter.

I just brought home the PCX today. Hopefully, Karla will learn how to ride this bike and it becomes part of the family. I took it for a ride, and it seems to go right up to 40 mph with more on the top side, I just was on a 25 mph road and didn't dare go any faster.

One problem I have with the bike. The stock windshield is broken and flopping. I took it off, but I need to find a windshield for it. I would prefer used and cheap if that is possible. Anyone have something like that laying around, I would be interested.

I belong to the GoldwingFacts.com, motocampers.com, GL1800Riders.com and Facebook. All of the forums I am LarryinSeattle with the same email with yahoo.com on the back side.

PM me for my facebook name.

I joined this forum to learn about the PCX but also to join in the fellowship with other owners of the PCX. I know very little about this bike, so I plan to learn most of everything I will know about this bike from you guys.

Thank you in advance.

Larry
Current motorcycles:
2002 1800 ABS Wing
2001 Kawasaki Drifter
2005 Honda 600cc Silverwing
2011 Honda PCX 125

Goldwing Road Riders Association GWRRA# 338865

The Forum removes the time and distance between like minded individuals. It is quite the communication tool. I give great thanks to the owners of the board.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” Ralph Waldo Emerson.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Hello from Seattle

Post by you you »

Have you got any photos as the bike doesn't come with a stock windshield as such.
larryinseattle

Post by larryinseattle »

I will have to post some tomorrow.

After looking at stock photos of the 125 PCX, I realized that the windshield just covers the dash. Mine is a taller unit, but as I said, it is broke down along the base of the shield. Previous Owner said that a tree branch fell out of a tree and landed on the shield. I might be able to glue it, but probably just need to replace it.
Current motorcycles:
2002 1800 ABS Wing
2001 Kawasaki Drifter
2011 Honda PCX 125

The Forum removes the time and distance between like minded individuals. It is quite the communication tool. I give great thanks to the owners of the board.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” Ralph Waldo Emerson.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

larryinseattle wrote:I will have to post some tomorrow.

After looking at stock photos of the 125 PCX, I realized that the windshield just covers the dash. Mine is a taller unit, but as I said, it is broke down along the base of the shield. Previous Owner said that a tree branch fell out of a tree and landed on the shield. I might be able to glue it, but probably just need to replace it.

Yes if it's clear it's an aftermarket or accessory item. Quite a few alternatives if you want to replace it. I'm sure everyone will chip in with their preferences.

If your partner is new to bikes I think I'd just repair it for the time being and replace later if necessary.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

Howdy. Thanks for stopping by.

There are several windscreen options. The stock screen isn't much of a screen really. Givi makes a decent screen. I have one. It's a bit short for some folks, but I find it's perfect. Finding one used might be troublesome, but a new one is less than $100.

http://www.giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/ho ... eld-detail
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Finding a windshield is the easy part. The hard part is deciding how tall you want it to be. At 40 mph the wind will hit your chest area with the mid size windshield, and it looks nice. However, the tall one gives you total protection, but some people feel that the tall one looks strange on the pcx. We have two pcx 150s and have tried the various sizes, but ended up putting the tall Givi windshields on both bikes. They work quite well for riding, and we ride at between 45 and 55 mph most of the time. We take back roads a lot but have put them on the freeways for short distances, for one exit, and the windshields have been great for that as well. A Givi tall (323dt) is $168.

By the way, we have a mid height Givi in our basement that I added an extension to before purchasing the tall one. It is the tinted version. Since I am rebuilding both bikes after our accident, with mine now being completed, we are trying to determine whether we should install that one on my wife's bike again or just buy the tall windshield again. She said that she might conside selling it, but she likes it enough that it would probably be around $75 plus shipping, so you might be just as well off to purchase a new windshield from an online source.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:Finding a windshield is the easy part. The hard part is deciding how tall you want it to be. At 40 mph the wind will hit your chest area with the mid size windshield, and it looks nice. However, the tall one gives you total protection, but some people feel that the tall one looks strange on the pcx. We have two pcx 150s and have tried the various sizes, but ended up putting the tall Givi windshields on both bikes. They work quite well for riding, and we ride at between 45 and 55 mph most of the time. We take back roads a lot but have put them on the freeways for short distances, for one exit, and the windshields have been great for that as well. A Givi tall (323dt) is $168.

By the way, we have a mid height Givi in our basement that I added an extension to before purchasing the tall one. It is the tinted version. Since I am rebuilding both bikes after our accident, with mine now being completed, we are trying to determine whether we should install that one on my wife's bike again or just buy the tall windshield again. She said that she might conside selling it, but she likes it enough that it would probably be around $75 plus shipping, so you might be just as well off to purchase a new windshield from an online source.

Fair comment
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey there Larry, welcome to our forum(s) and congrats on your 2011 purchase!

We all know you're from Seattle by your thread title, but can you do us a favor?
Please go back and add your location to your "profile." It will definitely help Us to help You in the future as well. Easy instructions are right below my post :P Thank ya!

Screens, ah yes! Big topic around the forum(s) (any forum, I'm thinking) :D
There's a Medium height Givi screen listed on our "for sale" board dating back to Sept. I don't know IF it's still available.
FYI: You need to have more postings on-board the forum(s) to receive or send "private messages(pm)". I think 10?
But, right now you can inquire right on his sale thread: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5030

I'm 5'5" and I fitted a Givi medium clear screen to my 2015. I didn't like the wind hits at 45 and above so I sold it immediately. I'm now back with the very dark stock shorty screen. Cute but no way functional. One day I'll grab another make/model screen and give that a go!

Good luck investigating screens and cheers to your wife for owning this fun scoot! ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^ p.s. Personally, I would not pay $80 for it. Too much. Just my 2cents
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hey there Larry we all know you're from Seattle by your thread title, but can you do us a favor? Please go back and add your location to your "profile." It will definitely help Us to help You in the future ;)
but whitenoise his name is larry-in-seattle :lol:

I think I saw him in that Downtown Seattle scooter video... shall we have another look.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:^^ p.s. Personally, I would not pay $80 for it. Too much. Just my 2cents

Its worth an offer I suppose
larryinseattle

Post by larryinseattle »

I just glued mine back together. Good to go.
Current motorcycles:
2002 1800 ABS Wing
2001 Kawasaki Drifter
2011 Honda PCX 125

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

homie wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Hey there Larry we all know you're from Seattle by your thread title, but can you do us a favor? Please go back and add your location to your "profile." It will definitely help Us to help You in the future ;)
but whitenoise his name is larry-in-seattle :lol:

I think I saw him in that Downtown Seattle scooter video... shall we have another look.
:oops: oh ye caught me homie :D why you're me fixie angel. Bonus hug for 2016 ;)
Larry's title, yes indeed. See it! I also see that Larry added his location to his profile now :P
I thank ye Larry, tis good n proper now ;)

Shall we have another look at that vid now homie?
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

So then the GIVI tall is the best solution for wind..How did the extension work on the GIVI medium size ?