scooter rider

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

dick the den
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: white

scooter rider

Post by dick the den »

Greetings from me to all.Owning to tendons in left hand not gone back as they should,[I don't know how I did tit],Pulling the left lever to change gear,hurts.
But pulling the left lever to operate the left brake,[as on a scooter.] Dosent,so bought my self a Honda Vision 110i,scoot,didnt wont to go too big/heavy.Now even though its a brilliant scoot.Keep getting jumped on by the PCX 125. Not in corners though,[used to race back when I could afford it.]
So here to learn/and read about ,what others pcx 125,s get up too.
And its South London ,where I am.So hello to all.
dick the den
Regular User
Regular User

Re: scooter rider

Post by dick the den »

Or I could just go up in the scoot cc.and get a Honda Forza 300.
triaxor
Regular User
Regular User

Post by triaxor »

In all honesty, If I had a full bike licence, I would probably go for a NC750x DCT, granted its much heavier but has a hell of a lot more power but lighter than a Silverwing

DCT NC750X
Kerb Weight 230kg

Forza 300
Kerb Weight 194kg

PCX 125
Kerb Weight 130kg
Current Bike(s)~ (Casper) 2019 Honda Forza 125
Previous Bikes ~ (Rosie) 2018 Honda CB125R : (Stumpy) 2017 Honda MSX 125 (Grom) : (Ghost) 2016 Honda PCX 125 : (Lillith) 2016 Honda PCX 125 : (Gizmo) 2015 Sinnis Apache 125
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

Welcome, Dick the Den.

Great forum here, lots of good folks who are glad to share their experiences and help when they can. I hope you stay on board and enjoy.

Through some weird twist of fate, I have both a PCX and a Forza, and I'd have to say that the PCX is much better in town than the Forza, which is noticeably bigger and heavier and somewhat less agile at low speeds and which does its best work on the motorway or on longer commutes. They're both great machines and each has its own strong points, but they're really not similar in any way other than the brand name.

^^^^^ ^^^^^ Strictly my opinion, of course ^^^^^ ^^^^^

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

triaxor wrote:I would probably go for a NC750x DCT, granted its much heavier but has a hell of a lot more power but lighter than a Silverwing
Err, not really.

NC750 motor has 40kw
FJS600 motor has 37kw

NC750X weighs 219kg
FJS600 weighs 247kg

To get an NC platform bike with the level of comfort, weather protection, storage and luggage carrying capacity which the FJS enjoys, you would need an Integra (238kg) with a topbox and side cases and suddenly it starts to get a bit on the expensive and heavy side.
Or is that heavy and expensive?
Who can say.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
triaxor wrote:I would probably go for a NC750x DCT, granted its much heavier but has a hell of a lot more power but lighter than a Silverwing
Err, not really.

NC750 motor has 40kw
FJS600 motor has 37kw

NC750X weighs 219kg
FJS600 weighs 247kg

To get an NC platform bike with the level of comfort, weather protection, storage and luggage carrying capacity which the FJS enjoys, you would need an Integra (238kg) with a topbox and side cases and suddenly it starts to get a bit on the expensive and heavy side.
Who can say.
What was the middle one again?
triaxor
Regular User
Regular User

Post by triaxor »

gn2 wrote:
Err, not really.

NC750 motor has 40kw
FJS600 motor has 37kw

NC750X weighs 219kg
FJS600 weighs 247kg

Who can say.
my bad, what I meant to say was that it has more power than a Forza 300 but weighs less than a Silverwing.

oh and the DCT version is heavier @230kg
Previous Bikes ~ (Rosie) 2018 Honda CB125R : (Stumpy) 2017 Honda MSX 125 (Grom) : (Ghost) 2016 Honda PCX 125 : (Lillith) 2016 Honda PCX 125 : (Gizmo) 2015 Sinnis Apache 125
RichyP
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by RichyP »

triaxor wrote:In all honesty, If I had a full bike licence, I would probably go for a NC750x DCT, granted its much heavier but has a hell of a lot more power but lighter than a Silverwing

DCT NC750X
Kerb Weight 230kg

Forza 300
Kerb Weight 194kg

PCX 125
Kerb Weight 130kg
I am with you on the DCT N750X, i have been tossing up between that or the Honda NM-04, just because Im batman lol
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wow! We have a rider that likes the NM-4! Cool dude! I thinks I like the Batman looks too 8)
Whenever I'm in the showroom they never have one. Just keep on saying one's coming in..."stay tuned." Yeah, yeah.
Haven't been back in awhile, but I will sit my bum on one once there! ;) Truth.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
triaxor
Regular User
Regular User

Post by triaxor »

When I was in my local Honda dealer deciding what scooter I was gonna go for they had a used Vultus (NM-4) in stock and on the showroom floor, I said to the salesman 'So what did batman go for after he traded this in, lol' :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

triaxor wrote:When I was in my local Honda dealer deciding what scooter I was gonna go for they had a used Vultus (NM-4) in stock and on the showroom floor, I said to the salesman 'So what did batman go for after he traded this in, lol' :D

Did he avoid the small sage bush drifting gently by as he walked away?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Whenever I'm in the showroom they never have one.
Probably because they don't want to be left with it sitting there gathering dust years later.
I've seen two, one on the road and one in the dealer.
The one in the dealer has been sat there a long time...
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
triaxor
Regular User
Regular User

Post by triaxor »

you you wrote:
triaxor wrote:When I was in my local Honda dealer deciding what scooter I was gonna go for they had a used Vultus (NM-4) in stock and on the showroom floor, I said to the salesman 'So what did batman go for after he traded this in, lol' :D

Did he avoid the small sage bush drifting gently by as he walked away?

Actually he laughed, guess he knew what a sense of humour was. :lol:
dick the den
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dick the den »

I have been riding very nearly 40 years.Back in my younger days.
Have had
Honda cbx 1000 x 3,i was greedy cb 900/cb750/cb 600,[raced that] xbr 500/cv 500/vt 500/cb 500
Yamaha FJ 1200/Yamaha YPVS 350 L-C.Took to to the Isle of Man, brilliant round there Yamaha FZ 750 Why did I seek it..??
Kawasaki gpz 1100-b2. Also used to ride the big- one the Z1300.So have ridden all sorts,have raced,many circuits.Now in my older years,there is so much choice out there,on everthing.But I will ride the vision 110i,scoot.And that's brilliant too.
RichyP
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by RichyP »

WhiteNoise wrote:Wow! We have a rider that likes the NM-4! Cool dude! I thinks I like the Batman looks too 8)
Whenever I'm in the showroom they never have one. Just keep on saying one's coming in..."stay tuned." Yeah, yeah.
Haven't been back in awhile, but I will sit my bum on one once there! ;) Truth.
buying one soon, cant wait!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Holy Crap! You're going to buy it! :P FUN and So Exciting! Good for you Richy
Please post a pic when you get it...Your Newly Styled Honda Bat-Mo-Bibble 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You