Hey guys PCX needs running-in?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

supersamo48
Year: 2016
Color: white

Hey guys PCX needs running-in?

Post by supersamo48 »

I just bought 2016 Honda PCX 150. The dealers told me that this motorcycle doesnt need running in. Is it true? Or i need to take care of my bike for 1000 km?
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Hey guys PCX needs running-in?

Post by fish »

Please look under the seat of your new scooter.
You should find an owner's manual there....if not there -- get one from your dealer.
Manual written by the people who made your scooter spells out how they think you should properly break in your scooter.
Some people follow the manual and have good results.
Others (with belley buttons, too) will chime in here, shortly.
Fish
supersamo48
Year: 2016
Color: white

Post by supersamo48 »

fish wrote:Please look under the seat of your new scooter.
You should find an owner's manual there....if not there -- get one from your dealer.
Manual written by the people who made your scooter spells out how they think you should properly break in your scooter.
Some people follow the manual and have good results.
Others (with belley buttons, too) will chime in here, shortly.
Fish

i read the manuel, but it only says "do not ride suddenly, do not use brakes in sudden" is this enough for running in?
Embattle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by Embattle »

If I remember correctly it applies to the first 600 miles that you shouldn't hammer it, this brings it up to the first service.
triaxor
Regular User
Regular User

Post by triaxor »

Embattle wrote:If I remember correctly it applies to the first 600 miles that you shouldn't hammer it, this brings it up to the first service.
100 miles to scrub the tyres, 300 miles to run it in (no harsh accelerating/braking) 600 miles for 1st service :)
Current Bike(s)~ (Casper) 2019 Honda Forza 125
Previous Bikes ~ (Rosie) 2018 Honda CB125R : (Stumpy) 2017 Honda MSX 125 (Grom) : (Ghost) 2016 Honda PCX 125 : (Lillith) 2016 Honda PCX 125 : (Gizmo) 2015 Sinnis Apache 125
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

triaxor wrote:
Embattle wrote:If I remember correctly it applies to the first 600 miles that you shouldn't hammer it, this brings it up to the first service.
100 miles to scrub the tyres, 300 miles to run it in (no harsh accelerating/braking) 600 miles for 1st service :)
I agree with this and it's consistent with archives in this forum. Then change the oil, check the rear drum brake adjustment and off you go OR back to the dealer for your scheduled service and warranty program.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Agree with the last two members above. Ride it and you'll be past the scoots break in....in no time! ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Tonyx
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by Tonyx »

I'm of the school of thought, ride it hard but not harsh. This is mostly to bed in the piston rings right away which set up lifetime of good compression in the cylinder and general health of an engine.

Change the oil after 500 - 600 miles then follow the Honda maintenance schedule.