It's gone

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: It's gone

Post by WhiteNoise »

There ya go, some more thievery caused by _______ (< that'd be yer favorite Trash word!)

Geez DR I'm really sad to read it's gone. Wow! I don't even know how I would react. Damn Sad and Mad I suppose.
I hope you have maxed out ins. coverage. So many folks refrain from paying for it, then wished they did. Somehow...I think You've got the bases covered. Full replacement coverage/fire and theft, you know what I'm sayin'.

Yes there are Locks/all kinds, covers & alarms, sensor lights, even cameras. Then there are Tools that Mangle them too. We do the best we can to protect ourselves, loved ones and our possessions. What can I say. It makes you want to cry

"How Can People Be So Heartless, How Can People Be So Cruel...Easy"
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Lanesplitter
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by Lanesplitter »

Sorry to hear. That totally sucks.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

6mm disc locks are not recognised by most if not all UK insurance companies - they usually only entertain thicker ones as used on motorbikes. True the larger than 6mm will not fit through the disc holes, but there are wider groves cut in the disc plate so maybe the metal will fit through there. As to chains, you need one that cannot be bolt cut by usual means - 12mm not use, 15-17 better. Also, use it on the rear wheel not front.
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Bad news. Sorry to hear.

Any lock or safety measure can be defeated if the bad guy wants it. Good insurance is your best bet, in the end.

[BTW: had a disc lock on my BMW touring bike. Forgot it one day and the lock tore off the front brake line. Replaced the line and tossed the lock.]
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
ribanold
Year: 2016
Color: brown

Post by ribanold »

hello, friends
sorry but i think a disk lock is only for funny gangster: she see a bike, and wont drive.

here in düsseldorf is a disc lock not good, why:

the gangster comming with a another wheel, demontage the brake disk and : byby bike.

and when a bike standing with only an lock on the bike and not to clinch with a steel hydrant, the gangster s

comming with a wheel barror, doing the bike with the side of this and go to ar car with hydraulik back door

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 8-296-8877

THIS IS A EXEMPLE please dont think bad for this people, only that you see what i meene.

the best is a garage think and say: have a lucky time ribanold
THE LIFE IS WONDERFULL
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

ribanold wrote: the gangster comming with a another wheel, demontage the brake disk and : byby bike.
and when a bike standing with only an lock on the bike and not to clinch with a steel hydrant, the gangster s
comming with a wheel barror, doing the bike with the side of this and go to ar car with hydraulik back door
o_O Oh them gangsters... I know I hate em
Attachments
mac&chief2.jpg
mac&chief2.jpg (10.11 KiB) Viewed 978 times
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

ribanold wrote:hello, friends
sorry but i think a disk lock is only for funny gangster: she see a bike, and wont drive.

here in düsseldorf is a disc lock not good, why:

the gangster comming with a another wheel, demontage the brake disk and : byby bike.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 8-296-8877

THIS IS A EXEMPLE please dont think bad for this people, only that you see what i meene.

the best is a garage think and say: have a lucky time ribanold
True. The front wheel can be removed, disc lock and all. And also true, a thief with a wheeled dolly of some kind can put the locked wheel on the dolly and, with a little help from his friends, tote the bike off to a waiting van. The disc lock is effective, however, against the most common type of daylight bike thief in the USA, who travels light and works alone.
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

Bash On! wrote: [BTW: had a disc lock on my BMW touring bike. Forgot it one day and the lock tore off the front brake line. Replaced the line and tossed the lock.]
I can relate to this. Disc locks are like carrying around a gun--it is as likely to hurt you as to help. I have wrecked a disc by forgetting to remove a lock. Nowadays I only use my disc lock when I am parked in such a way that I have to back up a few feet at least before I can fire up and twist.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Was having coffee in a hospital cafeteria with a Vietnam veteran buddy.
He was fussing because his battery was stolen while parked in hosp. lot.
Preventing him from his w/e pass.
He said they won't open his car hood more than one more time.
......wired one of his grenades under the hood.
I said let's finish our coffee and go put the pin back in.
It was too nice of a '67 Chevy to mess up.
He reluctantly agreed and was discharged from the psych hosp a few days later w/o further excitement.
He holds a Silver Star...and is no crazier than I am....just that I was a C.O. medic - so no grenades.
True story.
Fish
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Dark blue

Post by DailyRider »

Have calmed down and replaced it.

No pictures will be appearing any time soon because my camera fogs up every time I bring it outside.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

DailyRider wrote:No pictures will be appearing any time soon because my camera fogs up every time I bring it outside.
Whats wrong with the camera on your smart phone?
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

DailyRider wrote:Have calmed down and replaced it.

No pictures will be appearing any time soon because my camera fogs up every time I bring it outside.
So glad to hear this. The humidity will level out eventually.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

homie wrote:
DailyRider wrote:No pictures will be appearing any time soon because my camera fogs up every time I bring it outside.
Whats wrong with the camera on your smart phone?
I'm going to guess it's just the heat/humidity fogging up the lens after it's been in air conditioning.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by DailyRider »

Yup, Honker is right. I had to sharpen the OP image and it's still pretty grayed out.

I'll try the phone after I've been out riding for a while (thanks Homie)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Hey, I have a suggestion. Wire a grenade under the hood!! What??!! I have to ask, how did he get a live grenade??...and he was in the psych ward??

DailyRider, I am really glad you were able to get a replacement. Did they ever find your stolen one?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Acclimate
Dang humi-ditity!
Change in temps. Yah I remember having that camera/humidity problem in Florida.... a lot!
Fog when I peered through the lens. I was not settling for that. I love taking pictures :D
I learned myself to acclimate my camera first by letting it sit in my garage a bit before taking photos outdoors. Happy it worked. Florida and lens in harmony.
I do this with my helmet too. Prior to ride: Place it in garage to remove air conditioned house temp, convert it to warmer temp outside. Mount on noggin, open Shield to first notch, ride away and see again, Enjoy! :P
:? But then on a really High ^ high ^ high ^ humid break-of-day morn where water beads form....hmm? Dunno if any of that works. To That I say, try the above later in the day :lol:
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

DR, I'm happy that you'll be happy once again! Whenever your humidity subsides, I too would love a peek at your New precious.
Simon0867
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: White

Post by Simon0867 »

My PCX is secured at home with Gold Standard chains and a good quality disc lock.

I really sympathise with your loss, had a scoot pinched off me a couple of years ago. The depressing thing is it was stolen by kids, ridden a couple of miles and burnt out, moronic. To be fair the police caught the thief using DNA evidence from the cut chain, but it didn't make me feel much better.

Beefed up all my chains and locks after that. It is also very easy to fit a basic movement sensor alarm to the PCX, might be worth considering, or even just a dummy flashing LED. Anything that gives the scumbags pause for thought is a benefit.
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by DailyRider »

WhiteNoise wrote:Acclimate
Dang humi-ditity!
Change in temps. Yah I remember having that camera/humidity problem in Florida.... a lot!
Fog when I peered through the lens. I was not settling for that. I love taking pictures :D
I learned myself to acclimate my camera first by letting it sit in my garage a bit before taking photos outdoors. Happy it worked. Florida and lens in harmony.
I do this with my helmet too. Prior to ride: Place it in garage to remove air conditioned house temp, convert it to warmer temp outside. Mount on noggin, open Shield to first notch, ride away and see again, Enjoy! :P
:? But then on a really High ^ high ^ high ^ humid break-of-day morn where water beads form....hmm? Dunno if any of that works. To That I say, try the above later in the day :lol:

Yup, the weather also fogs up my visors and glasses every time I step outside.
I have to watch the camera carefully, because the fogging sometimes gets into the inner lenses.

Anyway, from my more expendable cell phone...
SunScooter.jpg
SunScooter.jpg (168.73 KiB) Viewed 882 times
ShadeScooter.jpg
ShadeScooter.jpg (220.31 KiB) Viewed 882 times
As you can see, the blue is quite a dark blue. It was the only one the dealer had in stock and ironically, it's the color I always wanted.
Newsasquatch
Regular User
Regular User
Year: N/A
Color: N/A

Post by Newsasquatch »

Beautiful! Congrats!