Comfy solo seat for 180cm high dude

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Frantisek
Year: 2016
Color: Bloody RED

Comfy solo seat for 180cm high dude

Post by Frantisek »

Hello guys,

I've read some threads about seats but noone has ever done a proper review of all pcx bikerbitz seats. Is there something REALLY comfy out there for solo rider for longer trips? :-) I'm 182cm high :P
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Comfy solo seat for 180cm high dude

Post by homie »

After a few years in the forum and archives sadly I would vote no. IMO there dosent seem to be a saddle I've seen that gets you off the down slide and back over the chassis. I've seen elevated seats and fancy curves, humped and humpless attempting at perfection but those can jack you up over the bike too high or fail to match the design to my eye.

IMO it would seem to be characteristic to this model that we do the best we can with what aftermarket product is available in seats but no silver bullet for perfect comfort. Some have gone to weird pads, cushions and great distances in remote parts but I see no cure for PCX's seating except acclimate your butt like I do by riding the stock one, many will show you theirs and I will be looking too :D
wait... not their butts I hope.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Comfy solo seat for 180cm high dude

Post by Mel46 »

I have to agree. I have what I would consider the closest I could get to a good seat in that I looked at a seat in liked on the mp.motors site and then asked them to modify it to my specs, which they did. Then I purchased a gel seat pad and strapped it on, and made a backrest from some dense Styrofoam. This along with the upgraded suspension has helped to make long rides more comfortable, but it still isn't perfect. Though I am not the perfect example of the average rider in that I have had 6 back surgeries, I can say that I am happier with this seat than I was with previous ones that I had, which were also made in Thailand. All in all though, to get enough room for long legs like most Americans have, and still be comfortable, you will need to re-engineer the seats all together.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers