how can i get at those clips

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

chrisdurand

how can i get at those clips

Post by chrisdurand »

hi there, 23,000 miles in ( not that you need to know that )....but the clips, front panels that wrap the headlight there is a clip that holds them to the inner frame or subframe and they have cracked resulting in the entire area to bounce against the steering when i go over road bumps.....i have tried to get at them by removing the wind screen inner cover so i can see the headlamp...seems that they may be attached to the headlamp but its hard to say.....anyone ever take the headlamp out i think this would help me out allot???
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Re: how can i get at those clips

Post by Oyabun »

While the mileage might not be all that relevantto this topic, but the model year would be. May I assume that you talk about a pre-LED PCX?
chrisdurand

Post by chrisdurand »

sorry its a 2012 ;)
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

chrisdurand wrote:hi there, 23,000 miles in ( not that you need to know that )....but the clips, front panels that wrap the headlight there is a clip that holds them to the inner frame or subframe and they have cracked resulting in the entire area to bounce against the steering when i go over road bumps.....i have tried to get at them by removing the wind screen inner cover so i can see the headlamp...seems that they may be attached to the headlamp but its hard to say.....anyone ever take the headlamp out i think this would help me out allot???
Do you have a service manual? I have taken a lot of things apart on the PCX but never yet have I done the headlights. I know, however, from past experience, that there will be blood if you don't follow the access pathway laid out in the manual--there will be blood even if you do, but it won't be so bad. By access pathway--my term-- I mean the flow chart protocol for getting at the head light lamps. I don't have the manual with me or I would look up the procedure and outline it here. When I get back home tonight I will see what I can find--if you still need the information.
chrisdurand

Post by chrisdurand »

know exactly what you meant, i have done the rear wheel removal and also have done my own drive belt just recently, i thought going after the clip would be easy but there are some hidden elements that i have not been able to find....that would be great if you could do that for me.....thanks
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have taken my bike completely apart before but I can't recall any clips other than those used for screws. If one of those came out it would be impossible to put it back in without taking the bike completely apart, and then you have to hope the clip just popped off instead of the plastic breaking there. Do you mind showing us which one you think it Is? By the way, 2012? Are you in the United States? There aren't any 2012 models in the States. They are considered 2013 models. In Europe it is a different story though, so it would be good if you could give us your location.
http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/201 ... #sch794135
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
chrisdurand

Post by chrisdurand »

I'm i the USA and i do believe that under my seat there is a sticker that says the seat or bike was made in 2012. I even think i bought it in 2012, i will try to get some picture up so you can see the area in better detail that i am referring to.........thanks

**edit** Just looked at the link, center detail on the top row, right of the #14 there is a big clip, i believe it is that one, didnt realize that there was a screw there, chances are that it rattled out. My question now is how the heck to i get at it?? What panel after the wind screen comes off??
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Yep
Really need to follow flow chart for the removal of the panels.
Service manual detailed the procedure for my Forza.
Fish
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Others have already provided answer on the panel removal so I don't address that.
But it came to my mind why the front panels bang against the steering stem while going over speed bumps. Potentially you should try readjusting all the panel assemblies in case the fairing is moving. Alternatively ypu should check the steering bearings - they were notorious to work loose on pre-led PCX models.
chrisdurand

Post by chrisdurand »

thanks, its not the steering bearings you can literally take the front fairing and move it up and down. it does not give the impression that its going to fall off the bike but they ARE loose.......sounds like the only way to do this is to get the book.......thanks fellas..
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi chris, do us all a favor please. Members are truly trying to help you the best they can.
Please go back to the user control panel and add/enter your USA scooter year and your location (toss in the color if you want...we do. Simples).

As Mel stated, there were no 2012 PCX's marketed in the U.S.A.
You mentioned taking a photo of an area that stated that on your scoot. Please, we'd love to see it!
Our guess is that your scoot is a 2011 or 2013.
Knowing the proper year will help you purchase the proper service manual to properly fix what needs fixing.

If needed, you can follow my directions below to enter additional info to your profile.
WE All thank you.
Good luck, and Always ride safely :)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You