New PCX 125 Rider

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Re: New PCX 125 Rider

Post by alx123 »

homie wrote:Of all the scooters we have featured in here I quickly go down a list when I see a new one posted.

1. is it a Honda... if not move on
2. is it a step through... don't like em
3. are the wheels at least 14"... anything less is a pot hole hazard in Chicago town
4. hows the mpg
5. does it have a dedicated forum following
6. good luck with seating position... most will suck for long rides

yes performance parts and kits are available, do your research here and you will find the truth about each one.

And finally what else looks this good... strike the pose 8)

Off topic.

What tire sizes are you using? It gave the scoot an attitude. LOL

TS, go get the scoot. You wont regret it. :)
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
JamesWray89

Post by JamesWray89 »

Hey Jge64,

That topic is awesome! perfect for what i need
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

alx123 wrote:
homie wrote:Of all the scooters we have featured in here I quickly go down a list when I see a new one posted.

3. are the wheels at least 14"... anything less is a pot hole hazard in Chicago town
4. hows the mpg

yes performance parts and kits are available, do your research here and you will find the truth about each one.

Off topic.

It's a set of Michelin City Grips, they can be had in stock or oversized like mine. If over sized you can get the front in without making any adjustments but the rear will need a few minutes of your time and a couple longer 10mm bolts and two 3/8" spacers to get the airbox off the tire and the hugger fender needs to raise 1/2". You will also notice the long tail has been cropped on my bike as we don't need the billboard the Brits do for plates.

alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

homie wrote:
alx123 wrote:

4. hows the mpg

Off topic.

It's a set of Michelin City Grips, they can be had in stock or oversized like mine. If over sized you can get the front in without making any adjustments but the rear will need a few minutes of your time and a couple longer 10mm bolts and two 3/8" spacers to get the airbox off the tire and the hugger fender needs to raise 1/2". You will also notice the long tail has been cropped on my bike as we don't need the billboard the Brits do for plates.

What size is your front? . I might choose a little smaller. The effect in performance might be significant in a stock engine though?
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

front 120/70/14

That is correct, you will lose 4mph, your tachometer will be off 2mph actual speed. But when a NCY vario kit is installed on 13 gram rollers you get back the 64mph plus 10mph more 8) take the video to youtube with HD full screen and you can see the stats on GPS

JamesWray89

Post by JamesWray89 »

Hey homie,

Where can i get one of the NCY vario kit's?
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

Irc has always made narrow tires, you can have 2 tires same size different brand bit both have different width profiles. Are the city grips bigger than stock same size. In the bicycle world it's a major problem, the makers don't seems to know how to measure width. I prefer slim profile cause it makes the bike easier to turn.
:geek:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

There is a big discussion concerning City Grips vs the tires that come standard on the PCX (either IRC or Dunlop). I prefer the Michelin City Grips because they hold the road better as far as I am concerned, especially for new riders.

If you are not going to get onto the expressways with your bike you probably will only find a use for the Sliders, since they give you more 'off the line' but very little top end increase.

Changing out the variator, drive face and rollers as a group should increase everything. I have a 150, so my numbers are different from yours, but you should still see about a 10 mph increase in top end with the kit.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Mel46 wrote:If you are not going to get onto the expressways with your bike you probably will only find a use for the Sliders, since they give you more 'off the line' but very little top end increase.
That depends on how big and heavy a rider you are. For me, 11g sliders added 20kph usable road speed, with greatly improved acceleration.
A smaller rider won't be as hindered by the lack of engine power in the first place, and relatively gains less benefit from lighter sliders/rollers.
But if you disregard rider weight and wind resistance, I found 11g sliders only added 3kph extra gear length on the centre stand compared to 14g rollers.
Interestingly, 13g sliders added an extra 8kph again on top of that. So there may be a fine balance where weight matters more for sliders than rollers?
This extra gear length isn't usable on the road unless you're big, so it's really just about getting the correct weight of rollers/sliders that you're happy with.