Vibrations on startup

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Vibrations on startup

Post by Cracksta »

Hi guys,

Just wonder, do you guys get alot of vibrations on the handlebar/mirror when you first start it up on the centre stand?

I do and a kinda annoying, once warmed up it doesnt vibrate as obvious.

Its great when its been raining and the water just vibrates off
Mitch Detailed
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Vibrations on startup

Post by Mitch Detailed »

Cracksta wrote:Hi guys,

Just wonder, do you guys get alot of vibrations on the handlebar/mirror when you first start it up on the centre stand?

I do and a kinda annoying, once warmed up it doesnt vibrate as obvious.

Its great when its been raining and the water just vibrates off
Cold engines typically idle rougher, once the piston expands, and valve lash closes up, it will idle smoother.
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cracksta »

Yeah I know but checking to see if you all get the same thing where the mirrors vibrate like mad! Lol
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Happens to me as well. I consider it normal. Any engine, when started cold, vibrates a bit until the idling stabilizes. In the case of my PCX, it's just during a few seconds, then it idles normally.
Mitch Detailed
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mitch Detailed »

Cracksta wrote:Yeah I know but checking to see if you all get the same thing where the mirrors vibrate like mad! Lol
I mean yeah I guess. If you wanted to prevent the mirrors from shaking as much, you could put an oring between the frame and the first screw
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Yeah, mine vibrates a bit, even rattling some because of my handlebar-mount iPhone case... It's normal.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

Optical clarity in the mirrors hasn’t been a serious issue for me when the bike is on the center stand. Lol.

Don’t think I’ve ever started my engine on the center stand, so mine never vibrates like that. There are no instructions to warm up your bike before riding, so I back it out of the garage, put on my helmet, and close the garage door before starting the engine just before I ride away.

That said, I do notice more vibration when sitting at a stop (no idle stop here in the US) and holding the bike with the front brake. If you hold the bike with the rear brake the vibrations quiet somewhat. I would like the auto on/off if it were available to us here.
Mitch Detailed
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mitch Detailed »

Urbanian wrote:Optical clarity in the mirrors hasn’t been a serious issue for me when the bike is on the center stand. Lol.

Don’t think I’ve ever started my engine on the center stand, so mine never vibrates like that. There are no instructions to warm up your bike before riding, so I back it out of the garage, put on my helmet, and close the garage door before starting the engine just before I ride away.

That said, I do notice more vibration when sitting at a stop (no idle stop here in the US) and holding the bike with the front brake. If you hold the bike with the rear brake the vibrations quiet somewhat. I would like the auto on/off if it were available to us here.
sling the kickstand down then back up, then start it whenever you need to take off. it's what i do ;)
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

just get on it start it and go,as long as you dont rev the shit out of it for a mile or 2 she'll be fine
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000