NSS300 Fuel Pump problems

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

DaveNSS

Re: NSS300 Fuel Pump problems

Post by DaveNSS »

Alibally wrote:Shit happens. Mechanical things fail sometimes. As long as it's a reliable fix then job done
I understand that. It's just a little annoying on a scooter that's so new.

C'est la vie.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

It would be even more annoying if the scooter was out of warranty.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
DaveNSS

Post by DaveNSS »

gn2 wrote:It would be even more annoying if the scooter was out of warranty.
I agree!

The dealer has decided to deliver the scooter back to me free of charge, as it should be, for a brand-new vehicle.

The question is this - will the fuel pump be replaced with a pump of the same model and the same inherent fault.....?
BRed
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2023 XMax 300
Color: Grey and black

Post by BRed »

This sort of thing goes way beyond "annoying".....
fuel pump failure at an inopportune time could be deadly?

The fuel pump sells for $103 at most parts suppliers over here....
if there is a known issue with the installed fuel pump, I would gladly pay for a new one out of pocket (assuming it corrected the issue)
if the dealership would install it.

What is peace of mind worth?

Hondas have always been the one bike I felt I could trust on a long haul not to have some "random" breakdown....
do your maintenance and keep the bike in good running order and it would always bring you home.

But, it's hard to get into the moment when you're always scanning the road ahead for a potential breakdown pull-off....
that's like riding a Ural on the Interstate? :lol:
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

Not sure what the extent of this problem is ...but from the limited comments there would appear to be some sort of problem but difficult to scale it...at least with some of the pumps.
My question?...has this forum any role in lobbying/asking Honda what their response is to the experiences as we, as Forza owners, and across different countries have serious concerns...from safety and convenience.
Surely if we all as New Forza owners collectively ask Honda they have to respond...rather than us just acting independently and when one of us has the faulty pump....what we need from Honda are reassurances at least.
Is this not a role for a forum such as ours?
any views and how best ( and who) to make contact with Honda?
BRed
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BRed »

I belong to several Honda forums related to different bikes, including the VT1100 Shadow forum, a CX/GL500 forum, and TotalRuckus, the Ruckus website.

While I have no doubt that someone at Honda Corporate monitors these sites and possibly uses gleaned information in refining and developing policy and products, in 20 years of following such websites I have never seen an official or unofficial response from any Honda representative.
The posts from our Italian Forza friends seem to reflect that as well.

That's probably an official Honda policy....if I were in their position, it would be my policy. :)

I think the proper channel would be to contact the only Honda "official" representative we have access to....your local dealer.
He's probably one of the voices that Honda is most likely to take note of...especially when he is unhappy?
DaveNSS

Post by DaveNSS »

The problem with one customer approaching one dealer is the inherent lack of a "force in numbers" approach. The more voices speak up, the more likely we'll be heard. Isn't that the logic?
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dergav »

I bow to your experience BRed...However if it was agreed that one of the administrators ( should of course they be willing to ) were to communicate with Honda officially and on behalf of the forum members who all own a Forza it would be surprising if Honda just ignored such a communication...but even of they did we would have put down a collective "marker" to which everyone who experienced the problem from now on could refer to to....and allow further communication with Honda each time a member experienced the problem. Pressure and lobbying linked to potential effects on sales will bring attention....and that is more easily achieved collectively.
Many potential purchasers of products check on forums before buying...so the more attention given to the problem the more likely attention from Honda?
And if you are correct that Honda do monitor sites like this then again the more discussion the better.
Of course also communicating through your dealer as well...but I suspect they will only act where the problem has happened to a customer rather than the concern in general.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

DaveNSS wrote:The problem with one customer approaching one dealer is the inherent lack of a "force in numbers" approach. The more voices speak up, the more likely we'll be heard. Isn't that the logic?
Everyone who has a fuel pump failure will be contacting them, so no need to worry about Honda not getting to know about the numbers.
The fact that the fuel pump has been changed would seem to indicate that the problem has already been addressed.
In the UK Honda customer service can be contacted direct: http://www.honda.co.uk/contactus/ in other countries the details will be different but it isn't rocket science to find them out.

Anyone who feels the need should contact Honda.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Sorry to hear a bunch of Forza owners are suffering fuel pump failures. I gather it is just the model fitted to Forza's? At least from failures we know of?
Vulcandanny

Post by Vulcandanny »

Mine has now 6'000km on the clock after only 2 month and it runs like a dream. Did never hear about fuel pump problems here in thailand. Are any other owners from Thailand here in this forum ever had fuel pump problems with the Forza? Here we had the rear wheel problem on earlier models, but Honda solved that while doing the maintenance (here its every 6'000km)....
Im asking this because it could be a supplier problem but I don't know in which other countries, Honda does build the Forza's too.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

All Forza production is in Thailand.
Strange that you report 6000km service interval, everywhere else its 8000 miles.
mikecalderone
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikecalderone »

Have there been any reported Fuel Pump issue been reported by any USA owners yet?
My Rides:
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
2015 Honda CTX700ND

Previous Rides:
2014 Honda Forza 300
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650
2009 Burgman 400
2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600
2005 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500
2003 Honda VT750
1992 Honda elite
1986 Kawasaki KZ600 inline 4
1979 Honda CL350
1977 Honda SL125
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dergav »

It would be even more annoying if the scooter was out of warranty...gn2

Agreed...so perhaps we should be putting down markers while still in warranty just in case?...dont know about elsewhere but in UK outwith a warranty period means nothing if it can be proved that a product was supplied faulty in the first place...and especially where the supplier was aware of that...there is no time limit on the suppliers responsibility...so getting a marker down with Honda now and within warranty seems logical?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Indeed, sale of goods act applies.
Yamaha routinely hand out fuel pumps for Tmaxes out of warranty because of a known fault.
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dergav »

didnt know that re Yamaha..good to know...Honda would surely act similarly you would think..but lets hope we never need to test them.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Not sure about Honda acting like that - I would imagine keep quite unless 100's start failing and becoming public knowledge.
BRed
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BRed »

dergav wrote:...so getting a marker down with Honda now and within warranty seems logical?
That's the point I was trying to make....
if your pump fails and you go in for warranty service, it looks like a "random" failure to them, even if you tell them the content of this thread after the fact.

If, on the other hand, you've asked your dealer and the service department, well in advance, if they've heard about the reported issues with the fuel pump and then your fuel pump subsequently fails, they have to evaluate the issue (and you as an informed owner) from a different perspective.
It starts to become a Known Common Issue.

and if it happens to your fuel pump, you get to use a smug "I told you so!" expression instead of a plaintive "Please fix my scooter soon?" demeanor. :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

BRed wrote:
dergav wrote:...so getting a marker down with Honda now and within warranty seems logical?
That's the point I was trying to make....
if your pump fails and you go in for warranty service, it looks like a "random" failure to them, even if you tell them the content of this thread after the fact.

If, on the other hand, you've asked your dealer and the service department, well in advance, if they've heard about the reported issues with the fuel pump and then your fuel pump subsequently fails, they have to evaluate the issue (and you as an informed owner) from a different perspective.
It starts to become a Known Common Issue.

and if it happens to your fuel pump, you get to use a smug "I told you so!" expression instead of a plaintive "Please fix my scooter soon?" demeanor. :)
I knew Fartsas were shite :D
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 NSS300A
Color: Seal Silver

Post by DioTiAma »

"you you", you are riding two bicycles and then "Fartsas are shite"? How old are you? 17?