Sym Maxsym 400i ABS

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Sym Maxsym 400i ABS

Post by Cascanciu »

Taz wrote:I sat on the Kymco downtown 300i and the Sym Maxsym 400i. The Maxsym seat bump can move back and forth a couple of inches and even better can come right off for very tall folk like me! It wa really comfy without the bump! I think they are the same price here in Oz so I am leaning to the Maxsym as a PCX upgrade at the moment. Or I could keep both! I need to find out if my full size XL helmet will fit under the seat as a next step as I read some helmets dont fit.

Apparently, two full face helmets should fit. A single XL helmet will fit, for sure, I'm not that sure if you intended on leaving two XL helmets there. Perhaps you'd fit an XL and another smaller one, but in the Downtown you'd have the same problem.

All I'm reading about the Maxsym, so far, is positive. Same for her smaller sibling, the Joymax 300i GTS. This one is a bit smaller than the Kymco, but keeps up with her in the performance side. A bit less accleration but higher top speed, and a more pleasant engine, less vibrations and noise. Storage is similar but the Sym's got more gadgets, fog lights included, for example.

For me, perhaps the Joymax would be the more sensible choice since I ride basically on the city, with some occasional out-of-town commutes. It's motorway capable (top speed is around 143 kph according to one test carried out over here) and smaller than the Maxsym, but the Maxsym looks much more comfy. Looks like the kind of scooter you can ride for a lot of kms without pain in your lower back.

Let us know if you happen to test ride one ;) .
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Cascanciu wrote:
gn2 wrote:A bit of a combination of idiot drivers and bad design, the power is normally delivered by the wrong wheels.
However even when the power is delivered by the correct wheels, (Mini) the typical arsehole that drives a BMW can still tip one on its roof.
I'm, honestly, taking this discussion as a pure joke :lol: . Don't mean to offend you in any sense, but it's just funny, to me, that you are so vehement in your statements.

Now seriously, I have about 185 hp and 40 kg-m of torque sent to my rear wheels. It's a shame that we don't live close, because I'd bet with you that you'd be unable to make my car loose traction and spin in any corner on "normal" driving conditions, and normal includes wet. They are equipped with something DSC that stands for Dynamic Stability Control. That system will brake the wheel that is turning faster (hence, loosing traction) on a first stage, then cut down on the fuel injection (Diesel, remember) if that's not enough. It the rear (or front, the car is actually more prone to understeer than to oversteer) tends to drift out in the direction of the corner, it will apply the brakes (normally, the outer front wheel) to return the car to control. It WORKS. Unless those bimmers you saw on the ditch were rather old (E36, 34 series, for example), it's quite difficult to wreck one due to its RWD unless you're driving in a purely reckless manner. But then you'd wreck a VW Golf, too.

Mind you, driver's cars are always RWD, with some AWD exceptions. You get a FWD, you either can't drive, or you're a poof :lol: ;) .

You can crash anything. Did you see what I did in February with FWD and only 70hp

I've now got 245hp RWD and the thing woulnt even spin up unless you switch the traction control off
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

you you wrote: You can crash anything. Did you see what I did in February with FWD and only 70hp

I've now got 245hp RWD and the thing woulnt even spin up unless you switch the traction control off
I did see the photos. Glad you're ok ;) but can't remember what exactly happened or what model the car was. Was that a small Fiat?.