New Old Stock 2015 Forza 300 ABS

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Calculon
Year: 2015
Color: Red

New Old Stock 2015 Forza 300 ABS

Post by Calculon »

Hello Gals and Guys -

There's a dealer near me that's got a new old stock 2015 Forza 300 with ABS. I'm debating between the Forza and the Xmax 300. I'd probably lean towards the Xmax cause there's a dealer a mile from my house and I think it's the better scooter, but I can't flat foot it, which I would like to do. Going for the Forza is I can flat foot it and it feels smaller, which is my preference. I think on paper they're somewhat similar, so the fact I can get the Forza for significantly less weighs in its favor.

My question being, which I know is highly subjective, can I be happy with the Forza. The reviews for the Xmax are better, but my needs are modest. All I really do is take it to work. I can take the freeway or highway, then run errands around town and ride around the countryside. If I can hit 70MPH by the end of the freeway on ramp and stay there comfortably, then I'm a happy camper. Thanks for any help.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: New Old Stock 2015 Forza 300 ABS

Post by Mel46 »

The Forza 300 should have no problem with the freeway. You definitely need to sit on it and try to maneuver it around first though, because you will need to do that to park it. I found the seat to be too wide to allow me to do that comfortably but you may be taller. I found my used Burgman 400 to be easier in every way, and much more comfortable on the highway.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

I loved my Forza, but for your purposes of frequent 70mph highway work you might lean towards that Yamaha.
Then again, if you can't flat foot the scoot, 70mph might be just as easy on the Honda for a person of your stature.
One is discontinued, one is more modern/advanced design.
Which one will make you smile every morning?
(Me, I'm 6'3+", I'd buy the Forza again)
Fish
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Forza will do 70 uphill into a wind with me sat on it. With ease.
I have the build of a very unaerodynamic thing and weigh roughly the same as two people from Thailand.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

If you go with the Forza make sure the recalls have been fixed. I think there were 2 on the ABS model and 3 on the non-ABS. Check it out though.

You can probably get it for a pretty good price. Nice looking machine even if it's a few years old. It's a shame Honda wont' market the newly redesigned Forza in North America (if that's where you are from). Parts are can be delivered to your door from an online source so if you are handy you can do most of your own maintenance and not have to take it back to the dealer (unless you don't have the tools needed or it's a serious job).

I own a new XMax 300 and can tell you it is indeed a bit tall in the seat height. And as Mel mentioned seat width makes a difference also. But the first time I sat on it in the showroom I was amazed at how everything just seemed to fall into place. It was a major freaking awesome moment. It's the most comfortable two wheeler I've ever owned.

That said I can get a stable toe hold with both feet down at a stop but not flat footed. I find the seat to be very comfortable and deeply cushioned. Even after riding an hour or so on it the padding is still supportive and holds it's form.

I can't say enough about how happy I am with that machine. It's just about ready to hit the 700 mile mark. The first service was easy (engine oil and filter and final drive gear oil). It will do 70 MPH no problem. The brakes are predictable and effective. The ABS and TCS is nice to have in slippery situations (like on wet surfaces where road sealer has been applied). I've actually gotten over 90 MPG with it on a few occasions. Although I did finally take it for some miles on a major highway recently and it performed well I still feel more comfortable using it on secondary roads. A lot of the traffic in my area buzzes by doing close to 80 MPH and frankly it stresses me out. I like to relax when I ride . . . yet maintain situation awareness.

I could go on but the bottom line is the machine has to be a "fit". You need to touch the ground well enough to be stable with it and not drop it standing still or rolling slowly making a turn in a driveway or something. Being able to see what's behind you in the rear view mirrors is important also.

Both Honda and Yamaha make great scooters so you really can't go wrong either way.
Calculon
Year: 2015
Color: Red

Post by Calculon »

Thanks for the replies. I'd agree, the newer Forza would make a more compelling choice. I wouldn't think the additional 30 pounds, nor the 4 HP the Forza gives up would make a significant difference, but I hear conflicting reports. One person says sure the Forza will do 75MPH all day long while the next says it's more comfortable in the 60-65MPH. They're probably both being honest from their own perspective. Each seems to have their own pros and cons. Regardless of which I buy there'll likely be things I do and do not like about them. It just kind of sucks that I can't figure it out until I spend my money. Thanks again.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I would have no hesitation in buying a 2015 Forza 300 at the right price, the 2013 model I owned was an excellent tool for my commuting needs.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

It just kind of sucks that I can't figure it out until I spend my money. Thanks again.
It took me 13 bikes and scooters to finally get it right myself.

Each machine I purchased fulfilled a need that I had at the time . . ..

Now that I'm retired I'm relieved I found "the" machine that I can ride to the last with pride and joy.

Good luck in your search. Take your time. Give that older Forza another gander and check out available accessories for it too. Measure twice . . . spend once! :D
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

Calculon wrote:Thanks for the replies. I'd agree, the newer Forza would make a more compelling choice. I wouldn't think the additional 30 pounds, nor the 4 HP the Forza gives up would make a significant difference, but I hear conflicting reports. One person says sure the Forza will do 75MPH all day long while the next says it's more comfortable in the 60-65MPH. They're probably both being honest from their own perspective. Each seems to have their own pros and cons. Regardless of which I buy there'll likely be things I do and do not like about them. It just kind of sucks that I can't figure it out until I spend my money. Thanks again.
Not being able to comfortable handling a taller scooter is a big deal to me. Can you back up the XMAX without getting off the seat and pushing it backwards? I have seen the XMAX at the dealer and just from sitting on it and getting a feel for it, it seems to be a bit top heavy for me. Thats probably due to its increase in height vs the low 2015 Forza.

My Forza has almost 11,000 miles and all day freeway speed is about 67-68 mph imo. 70mph and above get a 400 like a Yamaha Majesty which is barely working hard at 70 mph all day.

You would probably get used to not being able to flat foot the XMAX and lean it to the side at stop lights all the time. One idea is to maybe bring the seat to the shop and shave and narrow down the seat? That would probably cost 300-400 in labor from past exp going to motorcycle seat shops.
:geek: