Went from CTX1300 to Forza 300

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Donutninja
Year: 2015
Color: Red

Went from CTX1300 to Forza 300

Post by Donutninja »

Howdy,

I just sold my Honda CTX1300 Deluxe and bought a used 2015 Forza 300 with 125 miles on it. Can't wait to put some time in on it! I've owned several DCT Hondas, sport bikes, a Harley, some Buells, etc etc...lots of different makes/styles over the years.

Just found out about the recalls, going to check in on that tomorrow. Looking forward to getting to know this lovely machine.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Went from CTX1300 to Forza 300

Post by WhiteNoise »

You sound Very Excited! Just wait till you get some miles/smiles under your belt. Much Fun awaits :P
Welcome aboard!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Which DCT Honda's have you owned? Or did you mean CVT?

I have had several scooters and I have test ridden a couple of DCT Honda's (Africa Twin, NC750X). In Sport 2 mode the DCT's were fun, in regular mode, boring but probably better mpg.

I am planning a 2000 km trip around Vancouver Island soon. Just came back from a 6500 km Dawson City, Yukon run. I mostly like my 2014 Honda Forza 300.

Where do you live?
Donutninja
Year: 2015
Color: Red

Post by Donutninja »

Thanks! Just got home from riding and definitely had a blast. I owned a VFR1200 DCT and a CTX700 DCT model. I agree about regular mode; never used it after initially trying it. Sport mode and manual mode were excellent.

Wow, that's a lot of miles! I'm a pianist with some hand troubles, so I can't do those sort of rides. I'm eventually going to buy an electric motorcycle and hopefully that will be the answer (no clutch and no engine vibrations). Till then, the Forza will keep me riding. I live in Columbus, OH.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Enjoy your Forza 300.

You are amongst an elite group of Forza owners (and former owners) here and they can give you some great tips and advice.

I think you'll find as I did with my Yamaha XMax that "less can indeed be more" when it comes to convenience. Just get on the thing and go . . ..

The 500 lbs. wet weight on my Suzuki GSF1200 S really shows up when I try to get it on the center stand. For some reason the older I get the heavier it seems. Having the XMax in the 400 lb. range is much easier to manage. I'm not quite ready to sell my Suzuki yet . . . it's still nice to have around. But in the long run moving forward I'll be leaning more on the XMax for scenic rides and local adventure tours.

Don't be surprised if you start asking yourself why you didn't make the shift to a scooter like the Forza sooner. :D