proud new owner

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Kiheikruzer

proud new owner

Post by Kiheikruzer »

love this thing..My cool new 2013 PCX black... I went from a VTX1800c Honda to this little gem. The gas mileage and convenience of this 150cc machine is perfect. now the question as mine came with no booklet. are the rear shocks adjustable?..
thanks.
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: proud new owner

Post by khaosaming »

The rear shocks are not adjustable -- even for pre-load. You can download a user's guide here.
I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
Kiheikruzer

Post by Kiheikruzer »

Thanks big time...
Aloha!!
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

Here's the rear suspension:

Kiheikruzer

Post by Kiheikruzer »

thanks again. My old Honda vtx18000 had a spanner wrench that came with it to adjust your rear shocks.. I still have to go pick up the tool kit for the PCX.. I didn't know if the PCX tool kit had one or not. since I had no manual, I thought I would ask.. nice photo..looks familiar.. :geek:
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

Kiheikruzer wrote:My old Honda vtx18000 had a spanner wrench that came with it to adjust your rear shocks.. I still have to go pick up the tool kit for the PCX..
-------------
You don't need a spanner. There's no way to use it. The shocks have no place to adjust them. You must use aftermarket replacement shocks to do that. Trust me. Aloha! Or as we say here: Sawaddee khrub.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Aloha kiheikruzer, I'm actually going to be staying at the Aston Maui Lu(in kihei, I think) first week of March :D
I'll keep my eyes out for a black 150 8) ... maybe we can go for a ride, I'll be on the crappy 50cc rental :lol:
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

Here's a photo of the toolkit:

Owner's manual is here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0fPe4f ... edit?pli=1
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome to the forum! I must ask...where did you get your PCX that they didn't have a tool kit or owners manual for you? The tool kit is not much use but the book is a good quick guide (as a cycle owner, You already know that :D ) Have fun on your New PCX!!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Welcome to the forum!

Like Khaosaming said, the shocks are non-adjustable, even with a wrench. It's a shame they aren't, mine could use stiffening up too. :lol:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Kiheikruzer

Post by Kiheikruzer »

khaosaming, I wasn't sure if the kit had a spanner or not. I get my tool kit this weekend..

dasshreddar, That is in Kihei, Keep me up to date via this forum, I live just about 3 miles south of Maui lu...!!.. you better have your spidey senses on full blast while riding here... Most of the traffic here are tourists and pay zero attention to anything while sight seeing... some gets slammed almost every day here..50cc's all over ging like hell.. cheap to rent!!

WhiteNoise, I bought it at Maui Harley Davidson in Kahului... It was a 2013 but had 242 miles on it...This was a dream come true because the safety sticker, fee's , taxes and plate where already on it. saved me about 300 bucks. And of course every time you buy used, even this new, the prev owner never keeps the book or tool kit.. Both are waiting for me at the Harley place. I go Saturday..
Kiheikruzer

Post by Kiheikruzer »

maddiedog, Me and my Girl friend went for a ride last week, we hit a dip and bottomed out.. we both total about 300 pounds total, 175 me/ 125 her. I thought maybe the shocks where set on light..since there is no adjustment, I guess its time to watch for dips I guess.. :lol:
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Hey kihei, when the wife and I get off the plane, where would you recommend us to rent two 50cc scoots?
Kiheikruzer

Post by Kiheikruzer »

Dasshredder, are you going to need to rent them on the airport side of the Island?.. I would suggest you get a hold of Maui Harley Davidson.. heres the link..

http://www.cyclecitymaui.com/

There are like 4 other scooter rental places on the Kihei side.. if your going to get a ride to Kihei and then rent, I cant get you links for those guys too. But about 4 miles from the airport is the Cycle city, ( Maui Harley Davidson) place.. easy to find..
Kihei is about 15 mils from the airport. FYI...
anything else you need to know just post.. 8)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Good that khaosaming posted a pic of the tool kit so you can check if Yours is complete :) Mine was missing a tool (I got it later from dealer). Okay then.... it sounds like you're off to a good start for the right price on the Right Scoot! 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You