problems registering

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

RobV
Year: 2012
Color: Red

problems registering

Post by RobV »

Hi,
I've been trying to gain access to this forum for months. Firstly I didn't get the registration confirmation email and everything I tried came back with "contact the board administrator," problem is that you can't contact the board administrator without logging in. I've re-registered using a different User ID. Apparently, the system remembered my email address so I had to use a different email address too. How do I go about deleting my previous attempts to register so I can use my usual email address and login User id?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: problems registering

Post by WhiteNoise »

Sorry about all that RobV.
Because you have succeeded in logging in, you Will be able to contact our forum owner, maddiedog via Private Message "AFTER" you have submitted 15 posts (a forum rule).
AFA a registration confirmation email, I don't remember getting one myself when I joined - that was along time ago. As moderator, I'm unable to re-cover your previous login information.

You're registered now using a different username, password and email. You've successfully logged in and started this thread. Why not keep things as they are?
If not, let me know and I will PM maddiedog informing him of your situation. Then we wait.
Again, sorry this happened ~WN~

Below I highlighted/underscored an area taken from our forum's Privacy Policy: (a refresher for all, including myself ;)

"Your password is ciphered (a one-way hash) so that it is secure. However, it is recommended that you do not reuse the same password across a number of different websites. Your password is the means of accessing your account at “The Honda PCX / Honda Forza / SH Forums”, so please guard it carefully and under no circumstance will anyone affiliated with “The Honda PCX / Honda Forza / SH Forums”, phpBB or another 3rd party, legitimately ask you for your password. Should you forget your password for your account, you can use the “I forgot my password” feature provided by the phpBB software. This process will ask you to submit your user name and your e-mail, then the phpBB software will generate a new password to reclaim your account."

Back to login screen
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oh, and please add your location to your profile, it helps us to help one another with questions, etc.
We are from all over the globe, our bikes can differ.
Below are easy directions to accomplish that. Thanks!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
RobV
Year: 2012
Color: Red

Post by RobV »

There is a location in my profile already. The email I used is a temporary one which will cease to exist in the next 12 months. I can't reuse my proper email address because it's "already in use" from previous attempts to join.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

...."you may be right... I may be crazy..."

Noooo....truthfully, I'm not. Though, some say I am :lol: (see my avatar)

You're "location" Was missing in your profile the day you registered, Oct. 2019. Your first post to this thread indicated that. That is Why I asked you to add it to your profile. Afterwards, I kept checking back and you did add it. We "All Thank You."

Note, I am Not referencing your First registration to our forums, back when. As that's when and where you probably added your location. Blah, blah, blah really, No matter now.
For us all, it's So easy to misplace passwords. Ugh, we have so many! I understand.

Here's what I'm doing now...I'm forwarding this thread in a private message to forum owner maddiedog. I as moderator cannot resolve this issue.
What You should do, is keep posting. Get up to 15 posts and then back me up. When you hit the mark (#15), send a private message to him also. Briefly explaining situation. Mentioning my earlier pm to him as well.

I'm remembering, You have 12 months with your present email, we should get this resolved before then. I must admit, I never heard of an expiry date on an email address. So I'm not "with the program" on that.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Okay Rob, pm sent.
Now Git to posting! :P
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Yikes! Thanks for pinging me WN. RobV, I have enabled Private Messaging for you and sent you a message. Please reply when you can and we'll work to get your account recovered!
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes