Dinamasu's Red 2013 PCX

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

dinamasu

Dinamasu's Red 2013 PCX

Post by dinamasu »

Just picked it up yesterday and picked up the Top Box today.
Nothing special. So far the only thing that I have ordered is a handlebar clock.

When you have a 26 inch inseam (on the good leg) and a shortened left thigh bone from an 1968 automobile accident,
this is how you stand at a stop.

Another angle.

Put on 113 miles riding it home and a short ride today to pick up the top box. The dealership is about 10 miles form my home.

A really old and soiled First Gear mesh jacket. Note it is yellow because I believe in being visible to cagers (auto drivers). It was 80° F (26.5° C) today here in Northern California.
---
Don "very short person" Inamasu
Northern California
2013 Red PCX150, 2005 Silver Moto Guzzi Nevada, 2007 BMW F650GS
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: Dinamasu's Red 2013 PCX

Post by Indyglow »

I also could only get my toes down at a stop, but when I was on gravel, dirt, steep uphill or downhill slopes, or any other kind of unstable road surface I had way too much trouble holding the bike up, especially if I had to move it or turn it around, so I got my original seat redone to lower the seat-to-ground height. Now I feel much more confident riding.
dinamasu

Re: Dinamasu's Red 2013 PCX

Post by dinamasu »

Indyglow wrote:I also could only get my toes down at a stop, but when I was on gravel, dirt, steep uphill or downhill slopes, or any other kind of unstable road surface I had way too much trouble holding the bike up, especially if I had to move it or turn it around, so I got my original seat redone to lower the seat-to-ground height. Now I feel much more confident riding.
I sit the same on my BMW F650GS, dual sport and have learned to manage off road and slopes okay on it. But I have many years of riding experience under my 69 year old belt. :)

Plus I think the PCX150 is too pretty to ride off road. :lol:

Here is a nice gentle slope for you:
I wonder what top speed my PCX will hit in ascending this hill?
---
Don "very short person" Inamasu
Northern California
2013 Red PCX150, 2005 Silver Moto Guzzi Nevada, 2007 BMW F650GS