New Windscreen

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

PKrellner
Regular User
Regular User

New Windscreen

Post by PKrellner »

Just ordered the Givi D322 windscreen from Amazon. They say it's shipping today and will be here Tues or Wed next week. Now I have to research this site to see what I have to do to install it. What I've seen so far has looked very easy.
Also, was telling a neighbor I was getting a scooter and when he saw it he said "I thought you said a scooter, that looks sharp, Now I'll have to see about getting one". Another neighbor, who drives a Harley, wants me to go on a 160 mile road trip. Me on a scooter with three guys on Harleys? Can't picture that happening.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: New Windscreen

Post by gn2 »

From the front, look up the slot between the fairing and the existing screen, there are two screws.
Take these out and the screen surround piece will pop off.
You will then have access to the four bolts holding the screen on.
Whole job takes less than ten minutes.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
PKrellner
Regular User
Regular User

Re: New Windscreen

Post by PKrellner »

gn2 wrote:From the front, look up the slot between the fairing and the existing screen, there are two screws.
Take these out and the screen surround piece will pop off.
You will then have access to the four bolts holding the screen on.
Whole job takes less than ten minutes.
Just looked through the windshield install postings and the one from Maddiedog was excellent. Now i have to wait for the new windscreen to arrive.