Joining the club!

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Joining the club!

Post by dustin91 »

So I just put half down on a red PCX150 today. Having the dealer install a USB power outlet and a mounting kit for a phone/GPS, since I don't plan on any highway riding just yet, and I'm not sure I can find my way home on my own! Just took a motorcycle safety course last weekend and got my M endorsement on Monday. Was looking at the Forza, but when I saw the size of a comparable bike, I knew it was bigger than I could use and store for now. Maybe in another few years when there's less crap in the garage for an 11 y/o son! Very much looking forward to getting it in the next few days, and having some alone time on the road for nice little trips around central NJ!

Any tips for a beginner and new owner?

- Dustin
Hondapcx

Re: Joining the club!

Post by Hondapcx »

Love the bike , it's an awesome piece of machinery and very entertaining. Congrats
ScooterKim
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScooterKim »

congrats on joining the forum, Dustin. the tips are in the reads. keep reading the posts and you will have all your questions answered. so, where do you live in NJ? I live in Pa and lived in OC. NJ and went to school at Monmouth. also lived around the Parsippany area.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Hi Kim, I'm in central NJ just outside Princeton. Lots of back roads around here in the Sourlands. Very much looking forward to scooting around them. Even the ride back from the dealer later this week should be beautiful!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to Hondapcx.org! Post some pics when you get your bike. What color is it?
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
ScooterKim
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScooterKim »

dustin91 wrote:Hi Kim, I'm in central NJ just outside Princeton.
Hey Dustin. don't forget to update your profile where you are from. it's half the fun, reading the posts and seeing where everyone is posting from ... and riding to. also, it's nice to have another northerner here in the forum. I get tired of these southern boys telling us of being able to ride year round, riding the Smokies, and SEEMING to have more fun...
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

ScooterKim wrote:
dustin91 wrote:Hi Kim, I'm in central NJ just outside Princeton.
Hey Dustin. don't forget to update your profile where you are from. it's half the fun, reading the posts and seeing where everyone is posting from ... and riding to. also, it's nice to have another northerner here in the forum. I get tired of these southern boys telling us of being able to ride year round, riding the Smokies, and SEEMING to have more fun...

I think you might all be northerners if you are from the USA
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

dustin91 wrote:So I just put half down on a red PCX150 today ...
kramnala58 wrote:Welcome to Hondapcx.org! Post some pics when you get your bike. What color is it?
Oops, my bad. :oops: Thanks for answering before I asked. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(