Absent for a few days....

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Absent for a few days....

Post by skuuter »

I've been absent for a few days due to my Wife's Oldest Brother (59) passing away in His sleep from a stomach aneurysm last Friday. The Funeral was yesterday, so I suppose this will be the first day of "semi-normality" since then. One never knows when Their Life will end.....
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: Absent for a few days....

Post by kramnala58 »

Sorry to hear that Skuuter. Yes, we never know when our last breath will be nor how suddenly it will come.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
ScooterKim
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScooterKim »

very sorry to hear about the passing of your wife's brother, Skuuter. 59 is young. it's hard on the ones around them when someone dies suddenly like that. The only saving grace is that it was quick and he did not suffer. Take Mitzie out for a ride to clear her mind.
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

THANKS Folks.....Yep, never an easy thing.......takes a while..... ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I'm saddened to read this and Very sorry for your family's loss.
skuuter, I hope you don't mind me sharing, I also lost a family member.
A few weeks back I received an email from my cousin, informing me that his wife (54) had committed suicide from an overdose (personal drug prescription). Appears she could no longer tolerate her worsening Multiple Sclerosis. She left behind two teen boys (15 & 17). My mouth just dropped. A life here, then gone. Really?
I've come to learn to pray for those that remain behind. You, me, us. I choose to believe "They" rest in peace & are in the "Greatest" of hands.
Love remains, so do memories. Cherish one another. A Hug sent to you both
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

~prayers~ for you and your family
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

THANKS Folks....Yep, we're really fragile, tiny Creatures in God's Big Plan.....!!!!!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

skuuter wrote:THANKS Folks....Yep, we're really fragile, tiny Creatures in God's Big Plan.....!!!!!

Or sentient beings, honed by evolution, for which living and dying is an inescapable inevitability.
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

you you wrote:
skuuter wrote:THANKS Folks....Yep, we're really fragile, tiny Creatures in God's Big Plan.....!!!!!

Or sentient beings, honed by evolution, for which living and dying is an inescapable inevitability.

........"maybe"....... ;) :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

skuuter wrote:
you you wrote:

........"maybe"....... ;) :D
:D
Pedro-agogo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Pedro-agogo »

Sincerest condolences to you Scuuter and your wife and family. :( :( :( I feel your pain, sadness & shock and I am really glad you have shared it with us. I lost my mum last year very suddenly and my dad died 5 months later of a broken heart leaving me blown away. Life isn't all about scooters.

Oh, hang on... yes it is. I got some money from my folk's estate a few months back and guess what I bought last month with it? ;) ;) ;) And that's why I am on here now chatting away to all you good folks. :D :D :D Life's a mystery. And life will never be the same again and I suddenly don't take it for granted I will be here tomorrow nevermind next year so I have been busy living life. Your brother in-law's shock passing at 59 is another reminder to keep making goals and shooting for the stars.

A wise man once said:

Life's a piece of shit, when you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true....

:D :o :o :D :lol: :lol:

Pete
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I like your response Pete, and God Bless You
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:I like your response Pete, and God Bless You

This is a scooter forum and I haven't got a strong enough stomach. Cultural differences I guess

Or I'm a miserable tw4t
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

you you wrote:This is a scooter forum and I haven't got a strong enough stomach. Cultural differences I guess Or I'm a miserable tw4t
And this is the 'Off-topic' thread of the forum. There are many other threads I don't have an interest in so I don't read them and simply click the 'Mark As Read' option ... it helps my stomach. ;)

Not sure what you mean by cultural differences. Reading through the comments on this thread there are many different thoughts expressed, some of which are would not be mutually compatible, but yet it seems we on this forum are from many different cultures, some of us even from cultures within a culture. As such, we will get many differing views expressed. Or is the problem because one particular view got mentioned, i.e. "God Bless You" and that doesn't sit well with you?

We should either be accepting of the opinion of all (Maddie likes to keep his PCX in like new cleanliness while GN2 doesn't), or we shouldn't accept the opinion of any. And please understand that I am not equating accepting an opinion with agreeing with an opinion. I have very strong views and opinions about many things in life, including religion, and I hold to some of them very passionately, but I try to be as accepting of the opinions of others. I admit that I am not always successful at it, but at least that is my goal.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

...and again, THANKS Folks.....Religion, Non-Religion, and Politics stir emotions on Forums faster than any subjects out there.....we don't need to head there... ;) ...I was absent a few days, and now back reading, posting, and hopefully contributing some things again....."End of Thread"..... ;) :D