Forza Review

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Forza Review

Post by blackcat54 »

Review: http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2014-ho ... %E2%80%A8/

"Certainly, the Honda Forza prefers a freeway speed limit of 55 mph rather than 65 mph. It will go over 80 if you push it (and remain stable), but acceleration is minimal over 70, so keeping up with the flow of traffic can be a challenge."

Agree?
Forza 300
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Forza Review

Post by Forza 300 »

I drove my honda sh150 on highways of speed limits of 70 mph for hours ,it had a top speed of 75.4 mph under ideal conditions one up it would hit the rev limiter ,now I would say the sh 150 would be ideal on 50 mph roads or less but I think the forza 300 should be good on roads of 65 mph and lower two up riding, that's what it was designed for, it doesn't matter how much power you have you always want more ! So just be satisfied with 279cc. 26 hp, I remember driving my honda st 1300 128 hp and after a bit thought there was something wrong with it felt like a lack of power, then following spring got on it and gave her , got the front wheel off the ground in 1-2 -3 and finally with some speed the wheel came back down ,I hit 100 mph between short intersections ,well I was thinking why would build a motorcycle with so much power ,ok it was fun but not really needed ,so I finally sold the bike because we used our sh 150 scooter more ,then I decided for a happy medium the forza 300
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

Why do you say 65mph tops for the Forza?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

blackcat54 wrote:Why do you say 65mph tops for the Forza?

I think he only said 65

The minimum age for owning a Forza
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

blackcat54 wrote:"Certainly, the Honda Forza prefers a freeway speed limit of 55 mph rather than 65 mph."

Agree?
6000 miles mostly on 60 and 70mph A-roads leads me to disagree.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

gn2 wrote:
blackcat54 wrote:"Certainly, the Honda Forza prefers a freeway speed limit of 55 mph rather than 65 mph."

Agree?
6000 miles mostly on 60 and 70mph A-roads leads me to disagree.
I'm relieved to hear that!
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

Over 4000 miles. All day at 55mph - absolutely, all day at 65 mph - no problem, all day at 70 mph - yes but "I" wouldn't prefer it. Short trips at 70 - 75 mph - absolutely.
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

AustinPCX wrote:Over 4000 miles. All day at 55mph - absolutely, all day at 65 mph - no problem, all day at 70 mph - yes but "I" wouldn't prefer it. Short trips at 70 - 75 mph - absolutely.
What is the problem at 70mph for extended periods of time?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Only problem is a slight buzzing vibration around 70-75 which reduces as you get some miles on.
The scooter is starting to work hard once you get up to 70, it will sit there quite happily but you might not find it a relaxing experience.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

I wasn't happy with any bike at sustained 70+ until I went over 750cc. Even my 550cc inline 4's were not best at touring- too light. The 750 class was 518lbs+, and at that level of weight and power, seemed to cruise effortlessly at speed. I would be looking for that size again if I had to drive long distances on a daily basis. These days, though, I find much more pleasure in riding slower. Twisties at 70+ don't appeal to me, but I sure it would to the hospitals I would end up in, as it would be a great revenue producer for them. The Forza is a great all-around bike. I ride to work on back-roads, and really have a difficult time of keeping it below 60mph on straights, it likes to run without twisting the grip much. I will pop on a slab for a minute or two, and find that I travel with traffic just fine, but it is tiresome after a while. If you really want a faster bike, think heavier as well. From what I heard, the Burgman 400 is probably better suited for what you need, and if it is not fast enough, there is always the 650. Just be aware of the tradeoffs, such as moving the bikes around in tight spaces, and at slow speeds. There is no perfect design.
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

So....

For cross country type of travel or even state to state, the Forza might might not be the appropriate machine? I was hoping that the Forza would be a relaxed machine at 70 and provide a long distance option. It appears from the testimony here, that is not the case.

I'm disappointed!

P.S. Maybe I would just have to adjust to 65mph max for long distance.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

blackcat54 wrote:So....

For cross country type of travel or even state to state, the Forza might might not be the appropriate machine?
Correct.
It is inended for use as a commuter with the capability for occasional longer trips.
If you want to do long distances at sustained high speeds on a regular basis you need more cubes.
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

gn2 wrote:

For cross country type of travel or even state to state, the Forza might might not be the appropriate machine?
Correct.
It is intended for use as a commuter with the capability for occasional longer trips.
If you want to do long distances at sustained high speeds on a regular basis you need more cubes.
Agreed. And by the way, I have no intention of letting the 300cc size from keeping me from using it for a once-in-a-lifetime mega-trip after I retire in a couple of years. I have started the planning stages now, and am comfortable that this bike has the reliability and performance that I need to do it on. People have done these types of trips on less, and had amazing journeys that I have only been able to dream about. YMMV
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

For cross country type of travel or even state to state, the Forza might might not be the appropriate machine? I was hoping that the Forza would be a relaxed machine at 70 and provide a long distance option. It appears from the testimony here, that is not the case.

I'm disappointed!

P.S. Maybe I would just have to adjust to 65mph max for long distance.
All states are not created equal. Here in Texas, you could ride all day at 70 mph and not make it to the next state.

Not saying you couldn't get on the highway and do 70mph all day, but that's not my idea of fun on any bike and not why I bought a scooter.

I do 70mph for a solid 12 mile stretch back and forth to work everyday, the Forza does just fine. I haven't experienced any of the vibration others have reported.
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

MichRocks wrote: Agreed. And by the way, I have no intention of letting the 300cc size from keeping me from using it for a once-in-a-lifetime mega-trip after I retire in a couple of years. I have started the planning stages now, and am comfortable that this bike has the reliability and performance that I need to do it on. People have done these types of trips on less, and had amazing journeys that I have only been able to dream about. YMMV
Do it Mitch,
Pictures, time, gas, and food....the best trip I ever had was the one we left Alabama and headed west. We had no idea where we were going. 8000+ miles later we found that our favorite word was woooohooooo. The only regret was not taking more pictures and getting names of those we met. We have stories!!!!!!! The Forza will provide you years of memories even if only one trip. You'll spend time planning the next and thinking about what to do different.
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: https://postimg.cc/gallery/Y9JWhsg