Project Legroom Underway...

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

pawineguy
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Project Legroom Underway...

Post by pawineguy »

Removed the seat with 3 screws and 4 nuts, then removed the 6 nuts holding on the back support hump.

As you can see there is a hump built into the seat pan that is a few inches behind the stock back rest. Thus...

A. I am not reusing the stock back rest, instead foam will be formed around the pan hump to create a new back rest that is approximately 2.5 inches further back.

B. The mounting holes for the stock back rest will be cut down to smooth the shape of the new seat.

C. Seat will be covered in black leather, with several french seams that will be double stitched in red.

D. Should have the seat back on the bike in one week or less.
Attachments
photo1.jpg
photo1.jpg (76.55 KiB) Viewed 930 times
PAWineGuy
Eastern PA, United States
Forza 300 ABS 2014
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Project Legroom Underway...

Post by willajabir »

Looking forward to your results. I got that far, then looked at it for about 30 minutes and decided to put it back together until I could decide which way I wanted to go. Didn't want to be bikeless while waiting.
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: https://postimg.cc/gallery/Y9JWhsg
pawineguy
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Project Legroom Underway...

Post by pawineguy »

willajabir wrote:Looking forward to your results. I got that far, then looked at it for about 30 minutes and decided to put it back together until I could decide which way I wanted to go. Didn't want to be bikeless while waiting.
I waited for the worst rain of the year to take the seat off... I'm pretty excited to see what these guys come up with and will share as soon as I pick up the seat.
PAWineGuy
Eastern PA, United States
Forza 300 ABS 2014