Hello & Maybe New User

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Hold Da Kæft

Hello & Maybe New User

Post by Hold Da Kæft »

Hello everyone :) Newbie alert :lol:

I've just recently passed my CBT and looking at getting a 125 scooter.

I'm tied between the 2015 PCX and the Yamaha Majesty.

The Honda is edging in front apart from the servicing frequency after the initial 600 mile service.
Honda is every 2500 miles whereas the Yamaha is every 3500

Typically how much have people here in the UK been paying for the 2500,5000 & 7500 service? Im in NW London so thus may edge the cost up more :roll:
RideLondon
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Hello & Maybe New User

Post by RideLondon »

Hey- welcome.

I was in your position not too long ago. I would say in the long run, you're going to end up spending the same amount of money on maintenance on both of those two scooters. A friend of mine has a Majesty, and he has had to shell out a lot of money recently. New brake pads, disc, exhaust... He also needs to do weekly oil changes now.

Go for the bike you like the best right now. The long- term maintenance will be much of a muchness on both.
Hold Da Kæft

Post by Hold Da Kæft »

Hi

At what service interval was that??

I'd be riding 365 days a year
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Welcome. :)

Both very good Scooters - pick the one that 'fits' you, would be my advice. :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hello, might-be a PCX owner person :D
Choice's don't Ya just love 'em? :roll: Sometimes it just confuses matters more. Sometimes not.
I'm going to throw another one into the mix by asking, "what about the New Forza 125?" Good looking two-tone paint & styling. Have Ya thought on that?
Looka here > http://bikes.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/ra ... rview.html

Do not get me wrong, I love the PCX and I think you would fancy it too. But, if you need my vote between the two given? Me Hand is up for the PCX ;) oh and, in White! :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Hold Da Kæft

Post by Hold Da Kæft »

New forza out of my price range

I'd have a Yamaha XMax otherwise ;)
forza300
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by forza300 »

Suggest learn to do the servicing yourself and it's $10-20 per service in average. You hardly even need many tools. These bikes are easy to work on and it's generally just an oil change, clean the filters and inspect the rest. I factor in a dealer check only at major service so they can check the ECU etc. Apart from that, piece of piss. First service is no more than a check over the bolts/nuts/steering and oil change. Most other services are the same.

Go PCX (yes I am biased). Yammie is a bit too porky and handles not so good for me.
------------------------
sosoeasy
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by sosoeasy »

I just got my CBT too. Bought a used 2013 PCX from a Honda dealer. Wished I'd checked whether my full-faced helmet fitted under the seat first, as many don't. There's a whole thread on here about which ones fit, but maybe the 2015s have more space, I don't know. Anyway, along with a lot of other ongoing purchases, I have a top box on its way on Monday!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Cool name "sosoeasy" is ;)
Welcome to out forums! I have a 2015. I can squish my small Shoei Qwest FF in the bin but it's too tight a fit to my liking. Not using for that lid. No biggie. Your top box will def solve that issue ;)
Enjoy that PCX!! Such a fun scoot!! :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You