Scarletts' Modifications for touring!!

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

coetzee.kruger
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Scarletts' Modifications for touring!!

Post by coetzee.kruger »

Good day fellow PCX owners!

Someone requested photos of the 12V modification I made(installed under the seat instead of in the glove box), so I thought I would take pics of everything I have done so far...

Lemme start with another portrait shot...DAMN these PCX's are good looking!!

Okay so on a previous occasion, I lost the little plastic plug that holds the battery compartment cover in place. Thus I resorted to a "nut and bolt" approach but I have to remove the seat to access the bolt...

This is basically what the front looks like. Bolt removed and ready to go in...

I drilled two holes in the cover, one for the 12V socket and the other for the switch to go through. The 12V has 2 lines(one for black and one for red) and the switch was installed on the "red" line. Reason being, is just to ensure that when the socket is not in use, the switch makes sure the battery does not drain. Basically then, the red wire goes to the red port, and black to black. Just make sure to remove the red connection from the battery BEFORE the black.

The holes for the socket and switch was strategically placed so that they fit into the empty spaces of the battery compartment once the cover is closed..

I made use of a few gopro attachments and joints for a phone holder, and attached the big round surf board 3M clip on the back af a very durable Galaxy S5 cover. GPS mount = SORTED!!

Now the phone can charge whilst using its GPS functionality.

Don't forget the touring toolkit..

Thats about it for now! Up next will be the fog lights, but they will require more extensive wiring. Will have to get that done by a pro, what with all the panels that need to be removed. Don't want to risk damaging the panels ;)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Scarletts' Modifications for touring!!

Post by WhiteNoise »

Cheers!! That's a strategically placed & installed socket accomplished just the way You wanted it...and that matters! Thank you for showing us Another another way that works! Praise sent ;)
Happy Trails!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
fabianfred
Year: 2015
Color: red

Post by fabianfred »

why cant I see any of the photos?
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

See my build thread in my signature for mounting fog lights. You don't have to take off a tremendous amount of cladding, you can go in from the top and take off the windscreen windscreen base to get everything including power.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI