My Other Bike

The tragic place where threads go to die...

Moderator: Modsquad

Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

My Other Bike

Post by Walrus »

I currently have a Forza which is what brought me here; to learn, discuss, and enjoy the company of other scooter fans. Here is my other bike. My old 2003 Harley Davidson Superglide - 1440 cc and with all the stuff I have put on it probably weighing in at around 800 pounds.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: My Other Bike

Post by you you »

Walrus wrote:I currently have a Forza which is what brought me here; to learn, discuss, and enjoy the company of other scooter fans. Here is my other bike. My old 2003 Harley Davidson Superglide - 1440 cc and with all the stuff I have put on it probably weighing in at around 800 pounds.

Don't apologise
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

There's some things you should really keep to yourself, HD ownership is one of them.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:There's some things you should really keep to yourself, HD ownership is one of them.

I don't know. Bikes are bikes. They wont realise that over here that the bikes are laughable and the riders are just the saddest cartoon plonkers ever. Gay pirates comment was hilarious.

However if i did ever have to go to their part of North America I would have to try a Harley.

Doesn't mean to say I'm gay though.

Just willing to be convinced :D
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Once upon a time I had a Harley Sportster. It was a nice bike. Unfortunately, it spent a lot of time in the shop. Of all the bikes I have owned, it and the Ducati were the worst, repair wise. The best were my Hondas. They seemed to run forever. Even my Suzuki bikes, which were quite dependable for the most part, started off as undependable Japanese junk.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

There is a fair-sized niche of HD bikers that blemish the entire brand that seems to be growing in the US. Luckily, they seem to be differentiating them in the news from the rest of us.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

The pirate comment I guess is somewhat deserved due to the do rag, boots and vest. I don't wear them but they all serve a useful purpose. The do rag is a head covering that won't blow away in the wind like a hat, needed by pirates and motorcyclists. It's a sweat band, a helmet liner, sunscreen for those with little hair if you ride without helmet. Hard to retrieve your hat on a bike or ship.
The boots have been intelegent protective footware for working men and motorcyclists alike, especially if you're straddling hot metal. The vest is a gravel, bug, debris protector; plus many use to show a group affiliation, from Christian Motorcycle Association to Hells Angels.
The gay comment has no basis and is generally made by someone wishing to get a chuckle of approval from a group that rides somthing different . I guess it helps the commmenter to feel superior somehow. I like both and see no value in trying to offend either. Can't we all just be friends?
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

you you wrote:
gn2 wrote:There's some things you should really keep to yourself, HD ownership is one of them.

I don't know. Bikes are bikes. They wont realise that over here that the bikes are laughable and the riders are just the saddest cartoon plonkers ever. Gay pirates comment was hilarious.

However if i did ever have to go to their part of North America I would have to try a Harley.

Well the title of this section is: "Other Bikes" is it not?
All the Harley riders I come in contact with are normal working men and women, not the tiny segment of outlaw bikers depicted in media and movies. I've never seen anything that even remotely seemed gay, looked or acted gay; that's a juvenile comment at best. The numerous occasions I have ridden my Forza to a Harley shop in the group of "pirates", I never have been laughed at or treated anything but good. They're nice to me whatever I'm riding. Interesting.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Walrus wrote:
you you wrote:

Well the title of this section is: "Other Bikes" is it not?
All the Harley riders I come in contact with are normal working men and women, not the tiny segment of outlaw bikers depicted in media and movies. I've never seen anything that even remotely seemed gay, looked or acted gay; that's a juvenile comment at best. The numerous occasions I have ridden my Forza to a Harley shop in the group of "pirates", I never have been laughed at or treated anything but good. They're nice to me whatever I'm riding. Interesting.

Anyhoo. Get over it. Ride in drag if you are comfortable with it, it's a broad church and if you try to be special you might get pulled up occasionally.

Back to the anyhoo I've just bought a barn find Kawasaki ke175b3. First new bike I ever bought. This one has 1,700 miles but is missing the tank. So happy.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Walrus wrote:The pirate comment I guess is somewhat deserved due to the do rag, boots and vest. I don't wear them but they all serve a useful purpose. The do rag is a head covering that won't blow away in the wind like a hat, needed by pirates and motorcyclists. It's a sweat band, a helmet liner, sunscreen for those with little hair if you ride without helmet. Hard to retrieve your hat on a bike or ship.
The boots have been intelegent protective footware for working men and motorcyclists alike, especially if you're straddling hot metal. The vest is a gravel, bug, debris protector; plus many use to show a group affiliation, from Christian Motorcycle Association to Hells Angels.
The gay comment has no basis and is generally made by someone wishing to get a chuckle of approval from a group that rides somthing different . I guess it helps the commmenter to feel superior somehow. I like both and see no value in trying to offend either. Can't we all just be friends?

No, sorry, because I'd feel a bit uncomfortable if you were dressed that way. My mum might be watching and she could think think I was gay too.
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

Well GN if you would be kind enough to provide ignorant newbies like myself with a list of bikes you have ordained for mention in the "Other Bike" forum, perhaps we can tailor our posts in a manner that may somehow become worthy to bask in the light of your pontificating approval?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Anything other than HD or Victory or Buell is fine.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Like Subaru's (just kidding about Subaru's) - the trouble with Harleys is some of their owners. The number has been increasing too. The local sheriff's deputy I know says he cringes a bit when he sees a certain element on a Harley because they tend to mean trouble. The element can be associated with gangs and groups or just huddled at bars and leave wobbling every evening. There is no denying that they exist and in large numbers now across the US. It's not the bikes.... There are plenty of news articles about it. Think Sons of Anarchy.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

SECoda/tbln930
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

...."One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch"
Or do it? :roll: Seems the Way of the world today, in many respects. There was a good group of Harley Riders in Florida in the area where I lived. There are the rowdy's too.
We should all seek Peace, we represent each other on and off bikes.
Off me podium ( :? did someone just throw a tomato? Peace Bro! :D )

Nice bike Walrus, enjoy whatever it is You ride and be safe.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

Well Miserable T, your gay comments dumb this forum down to the level of "Bevus and Butthead". Soon you may be able to thin the posters down to yourself and a couple of other children sniggering about passing gas.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

I thought every Honda club had a pirate poster. They are pretty common.

SECoda/tbln930
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

tbln930 wrote:I thought every Honda club had a pirate poster. They are pretty common.
I frequent a couple of Honda shops and the local Harley shop, I hang out in both worlds. I se a lot of charity work going on with the Harley group, not in the others? I haven't seen the posters yet either either?
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Yes there are good Harley clubs and riders. The two guys I ride with frequently own two Harley's each. They are great guys. I think you know the bad element I am referring too. They have become numerous.

SECoda/tbln930
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

tbln930 wrote:Like Subaru's (just kidding about Subaru's) - the trouble with Harleys is some of their owners. The number has been increasing too. The local sheriff's deputy I know says he cringes a bit when he sees a certain element on a Harley because they tend to mean trouble. The element can be associated with gangs and groups or just huddled at bars and leave wobbling every evening. There is no denying that they exist and in large numbers now across the US. It's not the bikes.... There are plenty of news articles about it. Think Sons of Anarchy.

Different over here. Just over-aged tossers. Seriously, deeply sad

Might be a transatlantic thing. For you Harley's are aspirational and you wouldn't realise it but you do have a limited view on most things, that's understandable if we put ourselves in your shoes.

Obviously you can't do that. We understand.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

tbln930 wrote:Yes there are good Harley clubs and riders. The two guys I ride with frequently own two Harley's each. They are great guys. I think you know the bad element I am referring too. They have become numerous.

Gosh some off them might own more than two. What position would you take then?