Just installed new Magazi "Tulip-style" mirrors.......

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

JackNewp
Year: 2015
Color: Pearl White

Just installed new Magazi "Tulip-style" mirrors.......

Post by JackNewp »

After seeing these mirrors a few weeks ago & after seeing them installed on Jge64's thread (his are chrome/black), I got a pair of white/black for my 5 week old white PCX 150. KIWAV International had a couple sets in a warehouse close to my location & it only took 2 days to receive (from Dallas to Wichita). They arrived well packed, finish is perfect, all hardware & bolt caps were included, the adjustment point on each mirror is tight and solid & the lite-blue tinted glass is distortion free & brilliantly clear. The install was very easy - you will need a hex key to install the 2 bolts (versus the 14mm wrench to remove the stock mirrors). IMO, they look fantastic - a real sport-look to them. Also, I did not notice any undo vibration while testing them out. They also have built in extenders that push the mirrors out approx. 1-2" further than the stock mirrors (eliminating the "my shoulder is taking up half the stock mirror" problem). One thing to know if you want to order these - the actual surface area of the mirror is about 2/3 the size of the stock mirror area......still, after adjusting the mirrors I see perfectly the 2 lanes behind me in each mirror with no problems! KIWAV has several sets of these in various colors at $49 shipping included on EBay......I'm very happy with them!
Attachments
new mirrors4b.jpg
new mirrors4b.jpg (267.08 KiB) Viewed 1951 times
new mirrors3b.jpg
new mirrors3b.jpg (273.61 KiB) Viewed 1951 times
new mirrors5b.jpg
new mirrors5b.jpg (229.37 KiB) Viewed 1951 times
new mirrors2b.jpg
new mirrors2b.jpg (274.11 KiB) Viewed 1951 times
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: Just installed new Magazi "Tulip-style" mirrors.......

Post by Jge64 »

Nice review!

Looks great, nice to see a cheap, innovative product out there for us. Mine rock, although they are small , they give you exactly the spot you want to look at behind you, and the side of you.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Hmm, have to see if they ship to the UK.
aka DrewJW
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey Jack! I just got me the same color pair delivered the other day. I'm hoping to install them today (if family doesn't pull me away). Thanks for the GREAT pics and shared info. Ya gotta love this forum! :P
Cheers!

:lol: Before:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (32.73 KiB) Viewed 1915 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

thread locker BLUE (removable) on the threads when mounting...
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ah yes! Yes! Great tip, and I got the "Blue!" Thanks Glen 8)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hey Jack! I just got me the same color pair delivered the other day. I'm hoping to install them today (if family doesn't pull me away). Thanks for the GREAT pics and shared info. Ya gotta love this forum! :P
Cheers!

:lol: Before:

Are you getting at me :D
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150

Post by homie »

They take a couple miles to get used to but then you love the look. I just pushed the handle bars forward yesterday and after adjusting the Magazi's for the new bar position found them to be in a much more favorable attitude to the seating position we all ride.

This lead me to believe that not only does Honda favor the Asian mans body style in seat design they also have the bars hanging way low for the western man. Push your bars up considerably (until the grips are level) then raise the brake lever assembly and note the new experience a 5'10" person can have with rear view visibility and overall arm reach position. You will be pleased with your choice of mirrors 8)
Attachments
bar lift.JPG
bar lift.JPG (393.3 KiB) Viewed 1900 times
bars up.JPG
bars up.JPG (379.86 KiB) Viewed 1900 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:They take a couple miles to get used to but then you love the look. I just pushed the handle bars forward yesterday and after adjusting the Magazi's for the new bar position found them to be in a much more favorable attitude to the seating position we all ride.

This lead me to believe that not only does Honda favor the Asian mans body style in seat design they also have the bars hanging way low for the western man. Push your bars up considerably (until the grips are level) then raise the brake lever assembly and note the new experience a 5'10" person can have with rear view visibility and overall arm reach position. You will be pleased with your choice of mirrors 8)

Nice garden
JackNewp

Post by JackNewp »

Homie & you you - I had the dealership adjust the handlebars forward a good amount at delivery after initially sitting on the PCX. I'm 6' & after the adjustment I was able to turn to bars fully left & right without them hitting my knees - ha! Been riding for 2 days now with the new mirrors & have fully adjusted to the new size - perfect for me! .........plus, I really like the look of them!
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

JackNewp wrote:Homie & you you - I had the dealership adjust the handlebars forward a good amount at delivery after initially sitting on the PCX. I'm 6' & after the adjustment I was able to turn to bars fully left & right without them hitting my knees - ha! Been riding for 2 days now with the new mirrors & have fully adjusted to the new size - perfect for me! .........plus, I really like the look of them!
Jack, I will extend my hand to a fellow Kansan, my birth certificate says Sedgwick County and my father worked at Cessna and Beechcraft with a grandfather before him at Boeing. I ending up in helicopter but God bless the open sky, flat land and air capital of the world ...Wichita.
JackNewp

Post by JackNewp »

Homie - Sitting in Wichita right now....ha! I'll say "Hi!" for ya....... Also, I spent a little time in Chicago - would take the Amtrak up on weekends while at the Univ. of Illinois @ Urbana-Champaign. Actually lived in several places in Il (Champaign, Rantoul, & Carbondale while in Grad school). This is my second go around here in Wichita - been here for 6 years this time & lived here for 5 years back in the mid-70's. Pretty good city...... I've got about 6 weeks left here then in it's on to Vegas for my last move & sunset years. At least I'll be able to ride my scoot year round there....ha!
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

JackNewp wrote:I've got about 6 weeks left here then in it's on to Vegas for my last move & sunset years. At least I'll be able to ride my scoot year round there....ha!
My brother has lived in Las Vegas for years and he likes it there a lot, I visit now and then. Chief says might as well move to Saudi Arabia its 110 degrees in the shade.
Attachments
juicyfruit.jpg
juicyfruit.jpg (13.04 KiB) Viewed 1856 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yes! My "Tulips" have grown. Pics to follow 8)

homie, stay cool! it'll be a sizzling 95 degrees on the island. Thank God for A/C
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Same to the rest of ye in Hot Lands! Stay cool n hydrated
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yey! another White that's grown a pair....of Tulips! :D
Presenting my black and white Magazi mirror's installed this past Sunday. I will put the 2 black snap covers over the mirror's mounting holes After I get the handlebars re-positioned. (yah, those tight bar bolts arg! It'll happen, I got some good advice from forum family ;)

Okay, Roll out the Pics (note: their captions) Cheers!
Attachments
Magazi 1 Blue  Glass.JPG
Magazi 1 Blue Glass.JPG (80.66 KiB) Viewed 1826 times
Magazi 2  WhiteBlack.JPG
Magazi 2 WhiteBlack.JPG (122.82 KiB) Viewed 1826 times
Magazi 3 overhead view.JPG
Magazi 3 overhead view.JPG (89.16 KiB) Viewed 1826 times
Magazi 4 These are Sharp.JPG
Magazi 4 These are Sharp.JPG (133.75 KiB) Viewed 1826 times
Magazi 5 Twin Mirrors.JPG
Magazi 5 Twin Mirrors.JPG (105.21 KiB) Viewed 1826 times
Magazi 6 Bars Full Swing. Leaving Clearance to turn them full either way. Made sure mirrors didn't hit Givi Med. Screen.JPG
Magazi 6 Bars Full Swing. Leaving Clearance to turn them full either way. Made sure mirrors didn't hit Givi Med. Screen.JPG (129.7 KiB) Viewed 1826 times
Magazi 7 Front n Side.JPG
Magazi 7 Front n Side.JPG (147.83 KiB) Viewed 1826 times
Magazi 8 From the Rear.JPG
Magazi 8 From the Rear.JPG (138.81 KiB) Viewed 1826 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

When you level your handle bar grips and brake levers I will be curious to see how far forward you can go without tagging your aftermarket windscreen in the steering column parking position.
Those mirrors look GREAT! As well as that lawn :lol:
Attachments
wn.jpg
wn.jpg (108.11 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
JackNewp

Post by JackNewp »

DrewJW - I received your message, but for some reason I'm not allowed to message back or reply (a box came up "too new to use this feature") ....or something like that. Anyway, this is the ad I used to order my mirrors on Ebay....shows they do international shipping.... let me know if this works!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magazi-white-bl ... 14&vxp=mtr
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Thanks looks to be just what I was looking for.
aka DrewJW
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

JackNewp wrote:DrewJW - I received your message, but for some reason I'm not allowed to message back or reply (a box came up "too new to use this feature") ....or something like that. Anyway, this is the ad I used to order my mirrors on Ebay....shows they do international shipping.... let me know if this works!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magazi-white-bl ... 14&vxp=mtr

Post more bulshit. Everyone else does :D