Pcx 150

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

kurt_tml
Year: 2015
Color: White

Pcx 150

Post by kurt_tml »

Hi all, is it possible to mods my pcx so i can get topspeed 140 at least?
Trucks is going 120 on freeway..i dont want to squeezd by em
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Re: Pcx 150

Post by dkazzed »

Trade it in for a CB 300F or a Forza?
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

kurt_tml wrote:Hi all, is it possible to mods my pcx so i can get topspeed 140 at least?
Assuming you mean kph then no, you can't.
Fantasists from the performance section will be along soon with a big shopping list of expensive aftermarket junk for you to throw money away on with promises of incredible fastness.
Its all lies.
If you want to do a sustained 140kph (reliably) on a CVT scooter you're going to need at least a 400
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

I went through this when I was considering a honda Metropolitan that had a top speed of 34 miles an hour… I went on the sites to find out how I could get 40 miles an hour out of it and realized that it was going to make the bike possibly out of warranty, stress the bike, and not really that good of an improvement. The answer was to buy a PCX… Been in your position , maybe time to think Forza......
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Whats terminal velocity on a PCX when dropped out a C34 at 25,000ft?
aka DrewJW
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

With rider or without? :lol:
DrewJW wrote:Whats terminal velocity on a PCX when dropped out a C34 at 25,000ft?
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

Another option, consider different routes that will keep you off highways. The PCX will do 60+ mph. I've clocked the top speed of mine at 67 with a GPS, but it's a 2013, mostly stock. From what I understand, a 2015 isn't quite as fast. As you've discovered, riding in heavy traffic with trucks isn't exactly fun especially when you get caught in the snap of the slipstream, but that's not the point of a small displacement scooter. They're designed for lower speed roads, primarily in dense urban and suburban areas. Trying to make it do something it's not intended to do will neither be safe nor comfortable.

If you want a highway bike/scooter, you're really best off with something heavy with a decent amount of displacement. certainly, a 250 or 300cc will work, but tbh, I'd suggest at least 400cc's on a nice heavy machine. I'd also suggest you test ride some bigger scoots and bikes and see what feels best.

You won't get the fuel economy out of a bigger scoot, but you will get highway capability. It's a trade-off. For me...I just take secondary roads and avoid anything over 55mph.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

kurt_tml wrote:Hi all, is it possible to mods my pcx so i can get topspeed 140 at least?
140 kilometers = 86.9 mph Kurt
Do you really want to try and make this one little guy work that hard? And if you would how long could he sustain it.
Attachments
piston.jpg
piston.jpg (119.38 KiB) Viewed 1842 times
kurt_tml

Post by kurt_tml »

I thought its possible with mods.. Im used to the speed >200 with my prev car..now it feels too slow haha
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

kurt_tml wrote:I thought its possible with mods.. Im used to the speed >200 with my prev car..now it feels too slow haha

That's because it's not a 200kmh car I think.

Don't listen to the doubters, have you googled Saturn V?
kurt_tml

Post by kurt_tml »

Okay.. One more question, whats the differents between 2014 model with 2015
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Even if you could, and you would want to spend that kind of money, not sure you really want to experience that speed on that itty bitty scooter.

Like others have said, get the right bike--or find a new way to work.

Perhaps Honda should stop touting freeway-capable in its ads for the PCX. The bike is only marginally capable of this task (but certainly not on Texas highways with higher speeds) and has insufficient power in reserve. We seem to get a lot of posts here about folks wanting a little more speed for highway use. I bought a Silver Wing for this very reason.

I consider extra power in reserve a safety feature and thus only use the PCX around town. Main surface roads around here are 45 mph with traffic doing 5-10 mph over in many cases. IMHO, the PCX is in its prime in this use.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

kurt_tml wrote:Okay.. One more question, whats the differents between 2014 model with 2015
In terms of the engine capability, nothing.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

Bash On! wrote:
Even if you could, and you would want to spend that kind of money, not sure you really want to experience that speed on that itty bitty scooter.

Like others have said, get the right bike--or find a new way to work.

Perhaps Honda should stop touting freeway-capable in its ads for the PCX. The bike is only marginally capable of this task (but certainly not on Texas highways with higher speeds) and has insufficient power in reserve. We seem to get a lot of posts here about folks wanting a little more speed for highway use. I bought a Silver Wing for this very reason.

I consider extra power in reserve a safety feature and thus only use the PCX around town. Main surface roads around here are 45 mph with traffic doing 5-10 mph over in many cases. IMHO, the PCX is in its prime in this use.

Wish there was a "like" feature on these boards. Very well said.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

gn2 wrote:
kurt_tml wrote:Okay.. One more question, whats the differents between 2014 model with 2015
In terms of the engine capability, nothing.
Yep. Same engine, but there's a difference between 2013 and 2014/2015 in the way it communicates to the final drive. the 2015 has a slightly lower top speed in its stock configuration than does the 2013. But again, they aren't intended to be run above 45-50 most of the time.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Brent
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Brent »

Sure! Four options are waiting for you:

1. Trade in the PCX 150 for at least a 400 cc scooter or motorcycle.
2. Strap the PCX 150 into the back of a truck and drive the truck 90mph down the freeway!
3. Drive the PCX 150 out the back of a airplane while skydiving!
4. take a nap and drive as fast as you want!

Sorry to say . . . those are you only options!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Brent wrote:Sure! Four options are waiting for you:

1. Trade in the PCX 150 for at least a 400 cc scooter or motorcycle.
2. Strap the PCX 150 into the back of a truck and drive the truck 90mph down the freeway!
3. Drive the PCX 150 out the back of a airplane while skydiving!
4. take a nap and drive as fast as you want!

Sorry to say . . . those are you only options!

Saturn V? Don't ignore the obvious...
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

The formula is TS=Cx(HP^1/3) or Top speed = Aerodynamic constant x Hp cubed

So for 140 kph sat normally you need about 20 hp which is about a 50% increase in hp. Then you have the revs to consider. With stock gearing you would need to be pulling about 12,500rpm.

Theoretically it can be done but it will be quite expensive. The member on here called Pcxdeamon is the guy to talk to.

70mph or 110 is achievable with an after market exhaust and a performance variator but not for constant cruising. More than that you'll need a gear up kit, how much more I don't know as you will still be fighting the laws of physics.

Correct answer? At or below 125cc is buy a Forza 125 which tops out tucked at 80 mph. Above 125 buy a Forza or a SYM 300. Even then they will be pushed to maintain 140 for long distance cruising, if you consider that cruising speed should not generally more than about 80% of top speed. To cruise at 140 you'll need a BMW C650
WaunaPCX
Color: Pearl white

Post by WaunaPCX »

Bash On! wrote:
Too true.

My 2015 seems to hit a wall at 62 mph, I think the 2013s are a hair faster. But to the OP: at that speed it is not very enjoyable on the PCX... wind gusts and oncoming traffic will blow you to the side. For speeds over 70 you'll definitely want the weight of a bigger bike.

Also if you want to be able to do 140 kph, buy a bike that can do 160. That way you can handle hills, headwinds, & don't have to be in a full tuck to hit that speed. ;)
My PCX ride video library: http://touringkeypeninsula.wordpress.com/
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Let's not mince words. Even on a real bike I'd struggle to cruise at near 90mph.

Ffs