Missing stock windscreen/aftermarket tall windscreen?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

kjmillig
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Missing stock windscreen/aftermarket tall windscreen?

Post by kjmillig »

I'm buying a 2013 PCX with a missing stock short windscreen, nut I want to install a tall windscreen anyway. Should I go ahead and replace the stock, or will I have to remove it when I install a tall one?
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red

Re: Missing stock windscreen/aftermarket tall windscreen?

Post by j.d.b. »

If the stock windscreen is missing or not there, you won't have to remove it to install any windscreen. Is there a windscreen on the bike, now?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

j.d.b. wrote:If the stock windscreen is missing or not there, you won't have to remove it to install any windscreen. Is there a windscreen on the bike, now?
LOL... kjmillig, I like the stock smoke screens just fine myself. There must be hundreds of members with them lying around their garages after replacing them.

Maybe someone will make you a deal but I see no location on you so you might be in Pakistan 8)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Location, Location, Location. Very important.

I have 2 original windshields, if that is what you would call them, just sitting in a box with other spare parts that may never be used again. I pulled them off of our 2013 bikes almost as soon as we bought them. I rode them home but the wind was horrible without a taller windshield. We bought the second bike a year or so after the first one, so we knew what we wanted to do to improve the rides. The original shocks sit on a shelf, the original seats are stored in a box, the tires were swapped out for City Grips, and of course the original windshields were pulled and replaced with Givi tall windshields.

If you do not have a windshield on yours at the moment, is the hardware still there that holds one on? It should have 2 screws, 4 bolts, and the collar.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

kjmillig wrote:I'm buying a 2013 PCX with a missing stock short windscreen, nut I want to install a tall windscreen anyway. Should I go ahead and replace the stock, or will I have to remove it when I install a tall one?

I don't know, what do you think?
kjmillig

Post by kjmillig »

OK, maybe I wasn't clear. The bike I'm buying does not have any windscreen at all. The original is not there. I don't know if any hardwear is present.
I've looked at photos online and some look like the original is in place with a tall screen installed over it. Other pics look like the original short smoked screen has been taken off.
I want to install a tall screen. When I do, does it replace the stock short one, or mount on top of it?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

kjmillig wrote:OK, maybe I wasn't clear, does the stock short windscreen get replaced when installing a bigger one or mount on top of it?
Chief says he understands why you might question this looking at some of these ridicules double windscreens pictured in this forum. The answer is no you don't stack them... you take one off and you put one on.
Attachments
mac&chief.jpg
mac&chief.jpg (8.92 KiB) Viewed 1419 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Homie is correct, you replace it.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi and Welcome! :P

Yes, one screen. It lies over (on top of) the black cover you see (perhaps that's the one that's confusing you?)

The below link will take you to a tuitorial for removing and replacing the stock screen. Our forum owner maddiedog did this presentation. It was performed on a previous model year 2011 I believe, but the changes between the 2011 and 2013 removal should be minimal if any in removing.

So go take a look and see if it answers your questions.
If not, give us a shout back. We're here to help each other ;) and....HAVE FUN! Cheers and good luck!

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

There is a 'collar' that covers the 4 bolts that hold the windshield on. It is the color of the bike, in your case RED. It is held on by a clip at each end and 2 screws in the center area that screw into the black dash cover. This collar is installed after the windshield is installed. The original windshield was just a little larger that the dash cover itself. If you are sure that the original windshield is missing, make sure that you have the collar on. Without the original windshield on, you should be able to see the 2 screws at the bottom that are screwed into the dash cover.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

kjmillig

Post by kjmillig »

Good news for me. I went and checked on the bike today and the trim piece and black instrument cowling are all intact. All I have to do is install a new windshield. :D
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Good. You will need to take the trim off to make sure that the 4 bolts are still attached. In order to take the trim off, there are 2 screws that you must remove, plus you will need a trim removal tool in order to pop the clips loose on each end. The trim tools are cheap. I found them on Amazon for $4.87. Harbor Freight also has them for $7.99 before discount coupons (Trim And Molding Tool Set 5 Pc). They are well worth the money.

If the bolts are missing you can temporarily get one from the floorboard to take to a hardware store such as Home Depot and purchase some replacements. They are metric. I found some that were longer that I ended up using on the seat to attach it to the body, since the ones that come on it are hard to align to the nuts underneath. Good luck.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150