Tollway Transponder... FAIL

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Tollway Transponder... FAIL

Post by homie »

Losers don't make a transponder for motorcycles. Anybody have any skill with this? I like to ride expressway, even on PCX but its a pain to pay tolls manually so I added an account and purchased a third transponder.

It only works in a car windshield in a certain position to the earth, how stipud is that? So Homey goes back to the tollway authority to complain and was told to face it backward in my shirt pocket. I say... I don't wear a shirt and was promptly given the bums rush out of the building.

All the money they collect for tolls in the Chicagoland area and we can't have a transponder for motorbikes... LOSERS!
So who has a plan to make this work? Come on, we are intelligent people :lol:

montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Re: Tollway Transponder... FAIL

Post by montliz44 »

Homie, I feel yer pain...

Mine lies horizontally, facing up, (per the instructions of the wonderful and beneficent Harris County Toll Road Authority) inside my little Cortech tailbag, in the little zipper pouch on top. Works great. Actually I've used it in Houston, Dallas, Carrollton, and Austin, in Texas (four different toll road authorities), and on the Will Rogers Turnpike in Oklahoma. No problemas so far. We used to have to stick them to our windshields, but they've apparently improved them, so this is the current setup.

That might or might not work for you, or you might have to appeal directly to Mayor Emanuel. Good luck in either case.

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

montliz44 wrote: you might have to appeal directly to Mayor Emanuel Good luck
Johnny
Well the mayor has his back against the wall as the lynch mobs are closing in fast now. Blagojevich is trying to get early release and the messiah will be coming home soon with his tail between his legs and hopefully that will be the end of racism for a while... good greif lets don't do that again. But none of these characters ride so I don't expect any resolution anytime soon :roll:

So's you think if I put it in the tank bag? Alrighty Johnny, I'm heading out to engage the almighty Illinois tollway authority!
Cross your fingers.
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

If that doesn't work, I'm purty sure that Mr. Rod Blagojevich can make it happen fer ya as soon as he gets back. Not sure how much it will cost -- maybe a discounted price from Blagojevich part deux? Or not...

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

It didn't work in a pouch on top of my tankbag either :( but I don't care anymore.
I get how this works now, you just blow the tollgate and let them sort it out each time since all my vehicles are listed on the account. Um I think they knew that and just like to sell transponders. Ok I'm smelling a rat and I guess I have an extra transponder, only out 10 bucks... I can live with that :)

Love this town, they saw me coming and had their fun... scammed by Illinois taxes again. Knowledge is power, my fault I will get them bastards next time :lol: do some cash jobs to get even... how bout that? That 10 bucks will cost them thousands BUWHAHAHAHA!
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Sounds like you need a battery or have a transponder malfunction. Try it in a car.. mount it on the helmet and see if it works temporarily on top the helmet .(use indust Velcro will probably hold for the slow down))
Tonyx
Color: red

Post by Tonyx »

I had it on my tank bag face down on my motorcycle over the July 4th weekend. It worked fine.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Tonyx wrote:I had it on my tank bag face down on my motorcycle over the July 4th weekend. It worked fine.
But not inside the bag right?
Attachments
I-Pass.jpg
I-Pass.jpg (68.54 KiB) Viewed 2567 times
Tonyx
Color: red

Post by Tonyx »

I have clear window on the top of bag. It was placed inside the window. So technically inside the bag but still visible from outside.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Tonyx wrote:I have clear window on the top of bag. It was placed inside the window. So technically inside the bag but still visible from outside.
I don't care to look at that stupid thing, I really don't want it anywhere on my bikes :lol: I used to paint them black so they didn't ruin my interiors but then every time I tuned them in for exchange they charged me 20 bucks. There is no resolution to the issue of aesthetics or poor performance on motorbikes of these devices. It now becomes labor for I-pass to manually clear my violations every time I use the tollway... PERFECT!
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

You don't wear a shirt?
Put it in the pocket of your blouse.
Fish
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

fish wrote:You don't wear a shirt?
Put it in the pocket of your blouse.
Fish

Back of his tights and hitch his skirt up?